IVG Stores / A product and service nightmare

After 6 weeks the issue was resolved with the vendor refunding my money,

including shipping. However, the lack of communication and misinformation

by representatives made this one of the worst buying experiences I have ever

endured.

I bought this table July 8. It arrived July 15. Legs were missing

pre-drilled screw holes, and lower shelf had rough edge. Contacted

manufacturer, who said I needed to return to vendor (IVG). IVG line was

always busy or on hold, & did not respond to messages or emails for 4 days.

On July 22 I finally got someone on line. She asked for pictures, which I

emailed. No reply. On July 30 I finally got in touch with the rep (only by

talking to a 2nd rep) who said pictures were not clear enough. I sent new

ones.

Finally the rep said she would send RMA label for replacement. As of Aug 3

no label came, then another rep said they do not give RMA labels to

customer. UPS picked up the table. She told me a replacement would not be

available until August 8.

I contacted BBB Aug 4 and finally got some notice from company President,

and was told I would receive a discount for the table, and that somoene

would contact me. August 5 I received a voicemail from a rep whose name I

could not make out. She said she would email discount details. No email

arrived.

Replacement table arrived August 10: also lacked holes, and stain was uneven

on front. I called manufacturer again, and then IVG. Offered to ship new

legs, but I told them I wanted full refund, including shipping.

The new rep. emailed me an RMA label and said UPS would not accept return

without it, which contradicted what the other reps had told me. On Aug 12

UPS picked up the table.

A refund was finally deposited Aug 21, more than 6 weeks after my 1st order.

Although I received a full refund, I have NEVER experienced such poor

customer service. I had to spend HOURS just trying to get their attention,

which didn't happen until I contacted the BBB.

They also didn't publish my first review, which I noted in my first

complaint. They sent me a new link for a new review, but it has not been

published either. The only review published since Dec 2008 was a 5-star one. Very suspicious.

I easily spent 20 hours on this nightmarish ordeal, and got nothing out of it.

Na

Comments

• Am
      21st of Sep, 2009

I'm sorry you went through this. I am in a battle with them right now. I ordered a filing cabinet from them in July and waited 5 weeks for the delivery. When it was delivered, the cabinet was smashed. I sent pictures of the damaged item and then never heard anything. After 11 phone calls, speaking with completely useless CSR's and 3 messages requesting a supervisor call me back, I still have not received an answer if the damaged furniture is being taken back or if I need to dispose of it. IVG did refund my money but I still, 7 weeks later, am walking around a 116 lb. piece of damaged merchandise. I called the freight company directly and they told me that they had settled the claim on their end. I was promised a call back by end of day today but since it is now 4: 30, I am going to have to call ... again. Horrible!!

• Bm
      11th of Jan, 2010

Try contacting any of the following:

jon.tyson@ivgmail.com
    richard.tyson@ivgmail.com
    mcohen@ivgmail.com

These appear to be the strategic criminals in charge. Perhaps they'll pay enough attention to help you.

I'm still waiting to hear from them.

• Mu
      27th of Mar, 2010

Received my order and, like I have to deal with many times in my business, the overseas supplier doesn't inventory enough items for prompt delivery. My item eventually arrived and is very, very nice.

24th of May, 2010

Buyer BEWARE – this certainly makes me question purchasing anything on line again. I ordered bar stools as a Christmas gift. Ordered early to avoid any “out of stock” issues. The boxes arrived undamaged, and the one stool we took out to inspect looked ok. This was Nov 2009. On Christmas day, we opened the remaining chairs and again, everything looked ok – but on Feb 20, I had a guest sit in the chair, and two of the chair rungs snapped. No, the person was not even remotely overweight. The quality of the merchandize is nowhere near the prices you pay. These were over $200 per stool, plus a hefty $75 per stool shipping charge. I would fully expect the chair to take normal wear and tear for more than 4 month without being destroyed (especially since they really only saw 2 months of less than normal wear and tear) HOWEVER – after 30 days you own them no matter what. They will not replace, refund or otherwise make right. My Credit Card Company was no help either (PNC) I was told that I needed to go out and get an independent appraisal from a furniture manufacturer indicating that the chair should have lasted more than 4 months with normal use. I would not recommend this company or any of its affiliates, nor would I recommend PNC as a credit card company. I eventually took the chair to a repair shop, and further paid to have the chair repaired.

• Sh
      1st of Jun, 2011

I found out that the item I ordered cannot be returned. Did not see anything on the site to suggest this!

• Do
      23rd of Dec, 2011

Absolutely horrible experience with an order and customer service. Will never use again, nor recommend this company to any of my friends.

• Le
      23rd of Dec, 2011

I agree with the complaint. They are very high in their price for lousy work. . will not recommend them . Shame on them for ripping our senior citizens.

• Le
      23rd of Dec, 2011

I agree with the complaint. They are charging too much for their lousy service...will not recommend them to any one. Shame on them for cheating our senior citizens, and they claim to be giving them a Senior Discount.