iTunes / password resets

United States Review updated:

When downloading apps, it claims my password is wrong even though I put in the same password as I did when I logged in in the first place. It's a simple cut/paste procedure. Not only did it take nearly 5 minutes to send an email for me to do this, it didn't like my birthday and it didn't like my new password even though it fit ALL their "criteria". The site is just a nitpicky POS. I told them they were going to reset this password and this was a load of bull to waste a half hour over this.

Comments

Nov 11, 2009
    iTunes - iTunes charging for what i didn't download
    Colorado

My name is Sam. I'm ten and this is my first experience with an iPod nano. I was downloading three songs and it said there was an error with the download. It charged me even though I ended up not being able to download the song. I lost $8.50 and I never got my money back

• Yv
    iTunes - I did not want to subscribe
    Washington
    District of Columbia

Their Website was misleading. They said a monthly charge for iTunes was a little over $2, but when I tried to subscribe the total was over $40. I did not finish the subscription, but they took the money out of my account anyway. I want my money refunded. I did not finish the subscription and its not fair to just take my money. I want my money refunded!!!

• Ry
      Dec 29, 2009

I have NEVER paid for iTunes... It's free.

• Wi
      Dec 29, 2009

What are you talking about? iTunes doesn't have a subscription download model (other than the "Season Passes" for TV Shows.)

Did you get scammed by an imitator?

• Ha
      Dec 29, 2009

iTunes itself is free! If you download stuff off of iTunes, like movies or music you pay per download. Did you download $40 worth of stuff? If that's the case then your out of luck. You get several prompts confirming that you really want to download something before the download begins becuase you are charged for it. There should be a "Recently Added" section on your iTunes...check there to see what all you may have downloaded.

Example of costs - Music downloads can be 99cents-$1.99 per song

Irvine
    Kentucky
    Phone: 1-606-723-7612

DEAR ALL,
    I PAID FOR THE SERVICE FOR THREE YEARS, BUT I AM UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD I TUNES AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK. SO PUT THE PAYMENT THAT YOU TOOK FROM MY CHECKING ACCOUNT BACK IN MY CHECKING ACCOUNT.
    THERESA BLAKE
    P.S I EXPECT TO HEAR FROM YOU REAL SOON
    ON THIS MATTER.

• Fa
      May 26, 2010

When you say "Download iTunes" I assume you are talking about the computer application which can be found at http://apple.com/itunes If you are speaking of your music library then you need to contact Apple so they can transfer your music licences to your computer. They really need to implement tests when purchasing electronic goods so idiots like you won't buy them. Also, you shouldn't type in caps, it makes you seem like a douchebag.

• Si
      May 28, 2010
    iTunes - iTunes programme
    England, Tyne and Wear
    United Kingdom

why is it that an ipod can only be synced with one itunes programme? as a regular buyer of music from itunes i dont expoect to have enire music collection on my ipod to be erased just because im using a different library! this is outragous! because this is happening i will not be purchasing anymore music from their programme.

Jul 10, 2010
    iTunes - itunes movies
    itunes
    colden
    New York
    Phone: 716-941-6528

ok, i bought step brothers on my ipod touch for 9.99$ along with many songs and when i plugged my ipod into the computer the songs were downloaded on the computer and stayed on my ipod. no problem. But the movie (Step Brothers) was deleted from my ipod and no where to be found on the computer. What the hell?!?!?!? so i bought the movie again after 30 minuites of looking for it.

• Ap
      Jul 15, 2010

Not quite free. I dug out an old Shuffle I had won but never used so my girlfriend could listen to some free podcasts (Economist) on her way to work. She needed to download iTunes in order to load them onto the Shuffle. First they wanted her to register (fair enough) then she had to hand over her credit card details (why, we aren't buying anything) then she gets SMS telling her credit card has been charged $1 (no warning about that either). Now I'm reading all these complaints about unexplained charges and dodgy downloads. I'm getting pretty nervous. When I first downloaded iTunes many years ago, they never demanded your credit card details just so you could use their device. I think it's time we stopped thinking of Apple as cool and started seeing them for what they are: the Goldman Sachs of IT.

• Ba

@Apsceptic

The one dollar was a pre-authorization hold... not an actual charge... it will go away in a few days with no money being taken. It's just to prove that the credit card is real and can handle transactions... you can remove your credit card information from the account if you do not intend to purchase items

• Ba
      Sep 18, 2010

iTunes doesn't do a monthly, yearly or unlimited download subscription. They are a pay per item site. YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY A FAKE iTUNES SITE.

contact your bank or credit card company to remove the charges

• Po
      Sep 18, 2010

I have never been charged on iTunes for anything other than things I intended to buy. But I understand others may not feel the same.

• Am
      Feb 20, 2011
    iTunes - Unauthorized Charges
    Itunes/Apple
    Texas

I downloaded a freee Itunes game on my son's ipod and started noticing unsual charges for this game to my credit card.
    From Jan. 1- Feb.19th a total of $83.24 has been stolen from me. I want my money back. I have cancelled my credit card due to getting ripped off. I don't like the fact whoever it is now has my #, address, and can use it to get more personal info.

A

• Po
      Feb 20, 2011

Maybe your son is using your card for games.

•   Sep 01, 2011

• It
      Jan 20, 2012
    iTunes - customer service
    iTunes

iTunes customer service is non-existent. I got an iTunes card as a gift- the code was scrambled and unreadable. iTunes sent me to the store, the store sent me to iTunes. Finally after hours iTunes took my information and promised to call with a resolution. I got a call days later directing me to a website- just a place to fill out a form and wait for an email. They have no idea how to handle customer service, and are complete idiots.