ITT Technical Institute / payment

1 495999Cincinnati, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-710-6818

My son enrolled in ITT Tech in Dunmore, PA and was accepted, they had told him he would get grants, etc. to pay the tuition for Computer Technology. He is presently disabled with a disease called BiPolar Disorder and they told him to try it. He could not do the work required of the classes and withdrew after two days, now they are saying we owe $1011.00 and have forwarded the bill to this collection agency listed above. They have not sent me any breakdown of the charges and my wife has tried to explain the situation to the local Finance Director for ITT Tech and he said we still have to pay. Both my wife and I are on disability and my son has an attorney working on Social Security Disability for him. I do not know where to turn for help.

Comments

• Zo
      31st of Jul, 2009

I had a hell of a time with these people! Let me tell you my story.

I did a quarter at ITT and decided to move onto another school (Rasmussen - great choice). I got a bill, too, with 'ten days to pay'. During this time, I had to attend a funeral for a friend who got killed in war this June. While traveling, this company called me and tried to get me to pay immediately.

My response was very simple, "I will glady cooperate and want to comply. However, since you could be scam artist, I am going to call ITT to verify your information. Then, I will call the number they send me."

The [censored] on the phone could not believe I would double-check him. It was as if it never occurred to the company that someone might actually have critical-thinking skills (which, funny enough, I got from one of the courses I took at ITT - Sally Dodge, you're the best). The conversation went into the ridiculous. Finally, I hung up, called ITT, got the right number, made a formal complaint, and then called the right number and paid off my debt immediately.

This company buys ITT's debts at a fraction of their original worth and then give commission to the person who ropes you in. This is why the people on the phone are so nuts - they want their commission. This is also why 'my [censored]' went nuts when I said I'd call back. He even went so far as to give me his direct line (dumb, because now I had proof of who he was) and to demand that he could call back in ten minutes. I think I had to give him permission to call me again. I did not.

When you pay them, they pocket a decent deal of your money.

My advice is to tell them you've rescinded their right to call you, and to then take your time. Your credit is already compromised. I am sorry that ITT went on you like they did on me. I got the call the day after my ten day grace period was up, and I was at a military funeral. Nice.

Best wishes to you, sincerely.

• Mi
      17th of Oct, 2009

It's hard to find a real school these days. I don't trust any school that is advertised on tv. They are all scams.

• It
      30th of Oct, 2009

My fiance attends ITT Tech Dunmore, PA.

The so called professors don't have real experience in the field of computers- MIKE BROWN in the beginning was pouring concrete in the morning before teaching at night and Ladies and Gents He is the COMPUTER CHAIR PERSON!

My fiance is ADHD. He never wanted to ask for special treatment so he didn't ask for it. I however, made Mike Brown aware of this about a year ago when we spoke on the phone as my fiance was having a hard time in school- and I explained the situation.

they have had him take one class a couple times now. They didn't graduate him last semester.

I called them up screaming. Mike Brown and Middlebrook- the Dean (cough cough Deans have doctorate degrees, , sorry) He has not been able to maintain work and keep up with this idiot place they call an education institute. Any educational facility worth thier salt would graduate a student that they see is trying thier best. I just can't keep supporting my fiance, his 20 yr old daughter and myself- I am on social security because I need a transplant and I had to take a part time job to handle the house finances because of ITT Tech.

They do idiotic things- like he missed the 2 alloted miss days. Then there was a snow day and they counted that against him as an absence and kicked him out of the class!!! I have never heard of such a thing. I have 2 college degrees from Pennsylvania State accredited universities - snow days - we had many, beyond 3 my senior year.

He had to take an online class where the information didn't link online! When he still couldn't get on line to access the class 4 weeks later- they FAILED HIMM!!

AND HANDS ON? WHAT HANDS ON? they are given a simulator. My brother is a pilot- let's teach him with a simulator- no they sure didn't. he had hands on- as ITT Tech claims they are top of the notch at

Others at ITT Tech have had the same problems and am filing complaints with the Pennsylvania Board of Education but considering THEY AREN'T ACCREDITED I don't see how this will go very far.

IF MY FIANCE KNEW ME WHEN HE SIGNED UP IN MAY 2007 HE WOULD HAVE NEVER GONE.

ONCE HE SAW THAT HE COULD HAVE GOTTEN CERTIFIED IN MICROSOFT AT MY COLLEGE FOR WAY LESS HE WAS SORELY BESIDE HIMSELF. HE IS 'GRADUATING' ITT TECH WTIH OUT ANY CERTIFICATION!!!

ALSO NO ONE IN THIS AREA HAS GOTTEN JOBS- ONLY ONE PERSON MY FIANCE KNOWS IN THE 2 YRS HAS GOTTEN ANY KIND OF DECENT JOB. THEY EXPECT A MAN WITH 4 KIDS AND A FUTURE WIFE, 2 CARS, MORTGAGE TO MAKE IT ON A $15/ HR JOB-

DON'T GO TO ITT TECH. I can be contacted at dymondsnsaphirez@yahoo.com if anyone wants to chat about this. Also another student is interested in any actions for a class action lawsuit. I can put you in touch with him also

• Sr
      6th of Mar, 2010

LAWSUIT FOR DUNMORE, PA CAMPUS

If you attended the ITT Tech Dunmore, PA campus and were discriminated against for any reason (especially by Professor Brown or Dean Middlebrooks), please contact me at sraquel@aol.com.

I am filing a lawsuit on behalf of my brother who has a disability and is constantly discriminated against and harrassed by Professor Brown and Dean Middlebrooks.

If you are a current or former student and you have witnessed discrimination at this campus, stand up and do the right thing! Contact me at sraquel@aol.com.

5th of Nov, 2010

I am a former student of ITT Tech, and I'm in the process of forming a case against ITT Tech for fraud based on deceptive business practices, false advertising and predatory lending practices. Anyone who wishes to participate in this effort is free to contact me on my new blog site, www.idiotnotes.com.

My goal is to gather evidence from former staff and students from all over the country and present this evidence to the appropriate agencies who can put a stop to what they are still being allowed to do. Even better than that, I hope to be able to put a strong enough class-action case together on all of our behalves to convince the courts to force ITT to reimburse us for the costs we've all incurred because of their deception.

If we can all get together and fight this, maybe we can at least cause some kind of student loan reform where this illegal activity is no longer allowed to continue and it can no longer rack up victims. And yes, we are victims...we were charged for goods and services that the company did not even attempt to deliver or provide and we deserve to be compensated, or at the very least we deserve a refund of all charges incurred because of this fraud.

• Po
      12th of Jul, 2011

Hello. I am a graduate of ITT Technical Institute and have experiences very similar to the discrimation decribed in this web site. I also am seeking help for their, ITT, frauduent presentation of their program and job prospects afterwards. PLEASE contact me, I would greatly appreaciate further knowledge of how many students where mislead and misrepresented to also and how to file a law suite or class action to make what is VERY WRONG, RIGHT for myself as well as those whom have similar experiences npw and while attending ITT. 410 980-3882 or christopher.podlewski@gmail.com

• Pr
      28th of Jul, 2011

I have been a student at ITT-Tech for over a year now and I honestly have no complaints. The instructors are great, the material is great and the school is great. I am not saying that anyone out here is lying, but maybe just had a bad experience. I graduate in June of 2012 and I know I will find a great job with everything I have learned so far.

• Pc
      21st of Mar, 2016

I attended for two years at the Dunmore location as well. I'll spare the long story. In short, the teachers were uneducated, and in many cases lied about the degrees they had. The dean was a drug addict, and he even asked me for cocaine. Shortly after he was let go, I'm not sure as to why. I'm drowning in debt because I refuse to pay for something that holds no true value. I was honestly in better standings prior to attending ITT of Dunmore, PA

If someone can forward me some information on how to resolve this matter, it would be greatly appreciated. After letting this slip by for years, I can no longer ignore the issue.

My name is Patrick Consulmagno, feel free to contact me anytime.

570-269-7602