ITT Technical Institute / waste of money

ITT Technical Institute is a joke. One would be better off taking a fake bank to the check, take $100 of $5000 and send the rest to some anonymous address overseas. I taught at ITT a couple of years ago and trust me it is all about the students. The students can do whatever they want and still pass. One student came once out of 11 weeks and got an A. One of the deans changed the grade.

At the ITT in Maryland, most of the students cannot read and write. And they are always questioning the instructor and complaining to the dean. The instructor's work area is ridiculous, as there are "new computers" running XP with no service packs. Student computers are even worse.

And some of the faculty and staff got involved with students. Especially a librarian who seemed to date a new student every week. Humanities is taught there, but where are the ethics? There are none. The school lies and gets students to sign up for loans by Sallie Mae, frauds, who are part of the bailout crooks.

The cost for this college is unbelievable, as $40, 000 will earn an associate degree to nowhere. It is unaccredited, but with ITT's purchase of an accredited college last summer, they can claim accreditation.

It is more or less a camp for mostly adults who cannot go to real college. I did encounter some students who really did want to learn and I told them to go to a real college.

It would be a mistake going here, but one could always hide it by recalling Oscar Wilde's suggestion: "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes."

Comments

5th of Nov, 2010

I am a former student of ITT Tech, and I'm in the process of forming a case against ITT Tech for fraud based on deceptive business practices, false advertising and predatory lending practices. Anyone who wishes to participate in this effort is free to contact me on my new blog site, www.idiotnotes.com.

My goal is to gather evidence from former staff and students from all over the country and present this evidence to the appropriate agencies who can put a stop to what they are still being allowed to do. Even better than that, I hope to be able to put a strong enough class-action case together on all of our behalves to convince the courts to force ITT to reimburse us for the costs we've all incurred because of their deception.

If we can all get together and fight this, maybe we can at least cause some kind of student loan reform where this illegal activity is no longer allowed to continue and it can no longer rack up victims. And yes, we are victims...we were charged for goods and services that the company did not even attempt to deliver or provide and we deserve to be compensated, or at the very least we deserve a refund of all charges incurred because of this fraud.

9th of Mar, 2012

A good friend of mine decided to attend ITT Tech in 2008 and I decided to check it out. First scam is they charge $100 to take what they call a "Entrance Exam" which is so stupid it makes attempt to see what kind of level of education you have.

He was passed on classes he totally Failed and which he had no actual training. After he graduated with god knows how many loans he had taken out he couldn't find a job for squat. He did eventually land an IT job at a Hospital where his mom worked which was the only way for him to get in. ITT Tech is a pure crap school.

If you want a real education go to a Community College then transfer to a University. I'm almost done with my Education at Cal State LA and I probably have 10 times more education than he does at this point.