ITT Tech / Robbed me and didn't give me a degree

1 IN, United States Review updated:

I attended this school for almost 3 years. I am now more than $40, 00 in debt and still have no degree. I recently transferred to a new school and ITT TECH will not release my transcripts because on top of the loans, they claim I now owe them $1200. I am a single mom of two and out on disability. First this school did not teach me anything, as I received no help from the instructors and most of their books are specially printed just for them. They refused to help me when I requested help it from the professors and as it was some of the professors were in the classes that they were teaching. No one will answer my emails and to top it off since I odn;t have the money to pay them I will have to repeat every class that I have already taken. Stay away from this scam, because that's all it is.

Mo

Comments

• My
      17th of Feb, 2009

have heard similar stories, and about credits, not transferable.Best to go to a local Community college or check with BBB, locally before sign up, and obtain student loans, etc.

• My
      29th of May, 2009

ITT has been pushing me to put a 30k debt on my shoulders. You wouldn't (oh, yes, you would) believe how hard they were trying to get me to just e-sign my life to them in 5minutes flat. When I said, "Hold on, I need to read this" I got a nasty reaction... Now it seems they would rather just send a phishing e-mail and e-sign it FOR ME... Something needs to be done before he have to start bailing out colleges out to bend us over as well! Anyone else get any phishing e-mails from this company? I'm documenting EVERYTHING... jic

• Xe
      21st of Sep, 2009

My bf is finishing up his degree there in Nov and hasn't had any problems. He was able to get a really decent paying tech support job after attending for a year.

He does say the classes are easy, but also says he learns things on occasion. All in all I don't think this school is as bad as others ... he was at least able to get a job in the field without the employers laughing at him (cough cough UOP)

I guess everyone has different experiences depending on where you attend the school. It sucks they put you through that.

• Me
      15th of Jan, 2010

THIS SCHOOL IS HORRIBLE! I BEEN THERE 6 MONTHS AND I OWE THEM 20 THOUSAND DOLLARS.!! I WILL OWE A QUARTER MILLION DOLLARS BEFORE I GET MY BACH. OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE. THE SCHOOL DOES NOT HAVE REGIONAL CREDITS. THE SCHOOLS CREDITS DO NOT TRANSFER. I CANT SWITCH TO DRURY BECAUSE THEY SAY I OWE 2500 THAT FEDERAL N PAIL GRANTS DID NOT PAY.
    THE DEAN REFUSES TO GIVE ME MY TRANSCRIPTS UNTIL I PAY FOR THIS. LUCKILY MY HUSBAND IS PAYING FOR THE TRANSCRIPTS SO WE CAN START OVER AT THE NEW SCHOOL ...

I ignored the negative comments and went the school anyway...my bad..please dont go to this school.

• 61
      1st of Jul, 2010

Well, i have been looking into them and based on these comments I have a few perspectives to add:

1. It is a private institution and will cost $$$$$$ - That is the reality. Chapman, National - its all costs the same. If you an not make that kind of commitment, better try a state univeristy.

2. For any non-state school, you should ALWAYS check their accreditation. If they are not WASC accredited (or some other major accreditation) then I would not take another look. This is why credits/unit will not transfer. I am not able to tell what ITT's accreditation is as they do not post in on their website (at least, it is not easily accessible)

3. Sorry, if you do not pay your bills, NO ONE will to offer you any kind of service - another reality. Its just bad business to offer services to someone who does not pay their bills. If you do not pay your phone bill, your phone will be shut off; regardless of your "situation"