italk cellular / billed for cancelled contract

1 South Africa Review updated:

I cancelled a contract I had with italk and got an email confirmation from them in Jan that my last bill is supposed to be at end Jan 2008. I have subsequently on 2 occasions been charged (without authorisation) at the end Feb, end Mar as well as end Apr. When I call them, they have repeatedly agreed to sort this out but have not to date - and my credit card company is not authorised to intervene on my behalf since the debit order is with italk and can only be cancelled WITH ITALK - this is extremely FRUSTRATING and ANNOYING - anyone out there have any suggestions???

Bh

Comments

• Ve
      22nd of Nov, 2008

THIS OUTFIT (I-TALK) DEMONSTRATES A CONSISTENT "TO HELL WITH YOU" ATTITUDE WHEN YOU ATTEMPT TO CALL AND GET THEM TO RECTIFY A PROBLEM.
    A CLOSE FRIEND OF MINE PURCHASED THEIR DAMN SERVICE AND WAS UNABLE TO MAKE OR RECEIVE CALLS WITHIN SEVERAL DAYS OF ACTIVATION. SHE WAS OVERSEAS AND I REPEATEDLY CALLED THOSE ### AT I-TALK EXPLAINING THAT THEIR CUSTOMER WAS UNABLE TO USE THE SERVICE. I ASKED THEM — SEVERAL TIMES, DURING SUCCESSIVE CALLS — TO TELEPHONE MY FRIEND (THEIR PAYING CUSTOMER) AND RECTIFY THE PROBLEM. EACH TIME THEY PROMISED TO CALL "RIGHT AWAY" AND DID NOT CALL. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED A FORMAL COMPLAINT TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE AND TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND TO THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION IS AN EXCELLENT IDEA. I AM ADVISING AND URGING MY FRIEND TO DO THIS, HERSELF! THESE MONEY-GRUBBING ### SIMPLY WANT TO BILL AND COLLECT MONEY . . . THEY DON'T GIVE A S**T ABOUT SO MUCH AS COURTEOUSLY RESPONDING TO THEIR CUSTOMERS! A LOUSY, LOUSY, DISGUSTING, INCOMPETENT RIPOFF OUTFIT, IN MY EXPERIENCE. ATTORNEY GENERAL/BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU/FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION. THESE ### WILL HAVE TO SIT UP AND TAKE NOTICE WHEN PROPER AUTHORITIES CALL THEM TO ACCOUNT FOR THEIR REPREHENSIBLE, UNETHICAL MANNER OF DEALING WITH PEOPLE. GO GET 'EM!