italk cellular / billed for cancelled contract

1 South Africa Review updated:

I cancelled a contract I had with italk and got an email confirmation from them in Jan that my last bill is supposed to be at end Jan 2008. I have subsequently on 2 occasions been charged (without authorisation) at the end Feb, end Mar as well as end Apr. When I call them, they have repeatedly agreed to sort this out but have not to date - and my credit card company is not authorised to intervene on my behalf since the debit order is with italk and can only be cancelled WITH ITALK - this is extremely FRUSTRATING and ANNOYING - anyone out there have any suggestions???

Bh

Comments

• Ve
      22nd of Nov, 2008

THIS OUTFIT (I-TALK) DEMONSTRATES A CONSISTENT "TO HELL WITH YOU" ATTITUDE WHEN YOU ATTEMPT TO CALL AND GET THEM TO RECTIFY A PROBLEM.
    A CLOSE FRIEND OF MINE PURCHASED THEIR DAMN SERVICE AND WAS UNABLE TO MAKE OR RECEIVE CALLS WITHIN SEVERAL DAYS OF ACTIVATION. SHE WAS OVERSEAS AND I REPEATEDLY CALLED THOSE ### AT I-TALK EXPLAINING THAT THEIR CUSTOMER WAS UNABLE TO USE THE SERVICE. I ASKED THEM — SEVERAL TIMES, DURING SUCCESSIVE CALLS — TO TELEPHONE MY FRIEND (THEIR PAYING CUSTOMER) AND RECTIFY THE PROBLEM. EACH TIME THEY PROMISED TO CALL "RIGHT AWAY" AND DID NOT CALL. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED A FORMAL COMPLAINT TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE AND TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND TO THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION IS AN EXCELLENT IDEA. I AM ADVISING AND URGING MY FRIEND TO DO THIS, HERSELF! THESE MONEY-GRUBBING ### SIMPLY WANT TO BILL AND COLLECT MONEY . . . THEY DON'T GIVE A S**T ABOUT SO MUCH AS COURTEOUSLY RESPONDING TO THEIR CUSTOMERS! A LOUSY, LOUSY, DISGUSTING, INCOMPETENT RIPOFF OUTFIT, IN MY EXPERIENCE. ATTORNEY GENERAL/BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU/FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION. THESE ### WILL HAVE TO SIT UP AND TAKE NOTICE WHEN PROPER AUTHORITIES CALL THEM TO ACCOUNT FOR THEIR REPREHENSIBLE, UNETHICAL MANNER OF DEALING WITH PEOPLE. GO GET 'EM!

• Di
      14th of Aug, 2018
    iTalk - Unauthorised visa payments
    Wednesbury
    England, West Midlands
    United Kingdom

Took 270 from my account today leaving me in financial hardship. Without my authorisation once paid with card kept my details despite me asking them not to take any further payments but card.

• Ka
      15th of Aug, 2018
    iTalk - Unlawfully taking money from my bank account and leaving me and my child in financial hardship p
    United Kingdom

Joined Italk August last year and right up to December no service. Got told in December if I upgraded the situation would be sorted and would be done by the end of the month. Not the case so I put various complaints in including Ofcom. Direct debit was cancelled, today they took £219 out of my bank and left me with £4. I'm literally in tears!

• Da
    iTalk - Poor signal
    United Kingdom

I have mention a few times about my box going off. I paid bill today for then I can't use the broadband at all. this is getting beyond a joke it needs sorting or I will be leaving this company and I will do a bad review on you aswell you guys are quick to take our money but u can't sort our problems

• Za
    iTalk - internet
    United Kingdom

italk is an utter joke plz do not use this company unless uwant to lose money i am paying for internet to work atleast an hour a day utter pish. will defo be leaving italk
    DO NOT BUY RUBBISH LIKE THIS

• Mi
      20th of Aug, 2018
    iTalk - unauthorised charge
    ALEXANDRIA
    Scotland, Strathclyde
    United Kingdom

I have never been with italk, but my account was charged £40.13. I emailed them multiple times with no response.

• Da
      21st of Aug, 2018
    iTalk - Broadband
    MILTON KEYNES
    England, Buckinghamshire
    United Kingdom

I am writing to complain about my internet being cut off after you took £75 out of my bank without my permission so i either want a refund or my internet put back on ...

• Ki
      4th of Nov, 2018
    iTalk Affiliate Telecommunications - House phone line and broadband service
    Alnwick, England, Northumbria
    United Kingdom

You have been taking money for well over a year for a service that has no API or KEY PIN I don't have a company or website