Italist / Unethical business practices

1 italy Europe, United States Review updated:

f I could give zero stars I would!!! This is my experience and opinion of this company: I believe they tried to swindle me out of thousands of dollars so I am telling everyone my story and want to warn everyone of this company! They did not respond to emails most of the time, or not at all. WORST customer service center I have ever dealt with. There is no phone number listed on their website so all I could do is email. I purchased a high end designer jacket from them and it arrived damaged. On their website it states they accept returns so I had no reason to think there would be any problem at all. I contacted them via email stating there was damage on my purchase and need to return it immediately. After several days of no response I got very worried so I contacted my bank. I could not find any phone number for Italist so all I could do is email over and over again. I did find out they had a Facebook so I reached out to them on Facebook too. The day I opened up a case with my bank for fraud, I received an email later in the day from Italist. Im sure they had received notification from my bank because they said to return the item and I would get a refund minus my shipping and duties. I emailed them back and said that was not okay because they sent me damaged goods and I am entitled to a FULL refund. I sent them photos of the damage and shipped the item back. Weeks later they emailed me and said that the jacket was received but the merchant said it wasn't shipped in this condition so NO refund!! Oh, and did I want them to ship back the jacket??!! Are you KIDDING ME?????? I have never ever seen this in my life!!! SO Upsetting, this is how they treat their customers! They sent me damaged merchandise and then play games, don't answer emails and then say, its my problem. I called my bank immediately again to tell them what had happened. My bank was working on getting my money back. Weeks had gone by, almost a month with this looser company, barley any contact from them, no jacket and I was out Thousands of dollars, Thousands!! THIS WAS NOT OKAY!!! They were playing games with me and keeping my money. I sent them a very upset email and a week later received a email from them again after I called my bank saying that now they were refunding me minus the duties and shipping which was around $500-600 dollars. They never refunded me 500-600$$$. I think this company should be shut down, this is FRAUD in my opinion and the worst hustle I have ever seen!! BEWARE!!! I never imagined this would happen to me! HORRIBLE!!! Im out hundreds of dollars, a huge headache NOT WORTH IT!!!

Sh
Apr 29, 2016

Comments

• Re
      5th of Aug, 2016
    Best Best Advice

I have ordered two items from www.italist.com. I immediately received the email that they have received my order and they would process it ASAP. After that they promised me 10% discount for the second order. I got nothing, no order and no discount. This company steals money and told untruth about shipping. I am very upset and hope that my review will help others to avoid this company.

• Sh
      5th of Aug, 2016

• Ca
      14th of Jun, 2018

@Shoppergirl123 I believe you 100% I have encountered a very similar experience. I perchased a swimwear worth $300 upon receipt item had an extremely high bad odour with visible signs of it being worn. I contacted them explaining what has be sent and they refuse to take responsibility. They replied saying the item was shipped straight from their warehouse and it was impossible of it being worn.
    However reading their customer service mandate and FAQ it clearly indicates they work with boutiques in Italia.
    I’ve sent them a second mail but no reply I will be contacting my bank tomorrow.
    Thanks for sharing your experience and I agree this company is misleading customer with their second hand products.

• Ge
      22nd of Aug, 2018

@Shoppergirl123 My experience is similar I order'd a pair of sneakers size 43 I received it and it didn't fit, actually they have a sticker on the bottom of the shoe as size 43 normally the size is imprinted on the shoe I believe they took a shoe size 42 and pout a 43 sticker. I tried to fill a form they provide on this site for returns and they wanted to refund $59.68 and I paid $143.20. I will call my credit card company and try to dispute the charge. I will advise any one who is considering to buy from them to think twice.

• La
      19th of Aug, 2016

I ordered some pieces here at prices so low I couldn't believe. My items have always arrived in perfect condition and in a reasonable timeframe.

• Un
      16th of Sep, 2016

I agree! This company debited $200 from my account for "shipping and custom fees" after I returned a $400 coat. I returned the coat in perfect condition with all tags attached but gut back 50% of my purchase price. Their response ( via email as you cannot contact them via phone) was " too bad". Liars and thieves. Do not buy from them! Also they are trying to take down any bad reviews online about them.

• Ca
      14th of Jun, 2018

@UnhappyBuyer2000 I agree they are Evil people cheating people’s hard earning money! SHUT THEM DOWN PLEASE!!!

24th of Sep, 2016

This was my third experience buying clothes online. I was amazed with a quick shipping and amazing quality of garments. Sizing was very accurate. Customer Service was amazing and extremely helpful. And they have great deals! I'm scared of spending much on clothes when it's too fancy. But with Italist, everything is much more afforable than in-store. Don't know how, but I'm not compaining. Will definitely buy clothes again from them. Thanks guys x

• Re
      27th of Jan, 2017

Yes, Italist is a fraud company. I'm having exactly the same problem with them now. I wish I had read this complaint before. They sent me a dress with obvious signs of wear. Strong perfume smell and wrinkles. My reason of returning was mainly the size (too big), and I would have put up with the smell. After I returned the item, no refund and no emails for 4 weeks. When they finally responded, they accused me of sending back the item with perfume smell, marks of wear etc. All lies. I think they target the customer who returned an expensive item. In my case, I ordered it from Japan so it was a piece of cake for them to deceive me and get away with the murder. I am already stressed out and may lose $1500. I strongly warn everyone who consider ordering from them.

• Ka
      21st of Feb, 2017

I placed an order with Italist for a dress. It came quickly and was authentic. However, it did not fit. I requested a return as specified in their return policy. I heard nothing. I pursued hem with many emails and was given a form reply. They never approved a return and there was no return address provided. Also, no phone number was given so I could discuss this with a person. I am now disputing their charge of almost $300, I refuse to allow Italist to cheat me out of $300. I will gladly return the item but have not been given their address nor do they give a phone number to call. Do not ever order from this website; it is a scam.

• Ty
      21st of Mar, 2017

I purchased an item for my husbands birthday from your site and unfortunately I had to return it. To my dismay I was informed that it has cost me over $100 for shipping and duty fees to return these items. No one wants to spend $300 and only have $200 returned to them. FarFetch and MatchesFashion are able to provide free returns to their customers. This is an astronomical cost to your customers and it's unacceptable. Had I known I would have to loose this much money I would'e tried selling the item it on eBay instead! Please see your company's email below and I am yet to receive the refund whilst the returned item was accepted by your partner boutique on March 2nd which was 13 days ago. My return # is R00053892.

Dear Tyesha,

Your item has been received and our partner boutique has verified that it complies with our returns policy.

Returned items will be refunded excluding the delivery and the return costs of shipping and any Import duty incurred from & to Italy (if any). You might be able to recover import duties for returned items by contacting your local customs bureau.

We confirm that we have refunded you the amount of 229.01€ (319.67€ for the item less 67.49€ for Italian duty fees and 23.17€ for shipping costs).

You will see the refund on you bank account as soon as your bank processes the transaction. This process may take several days.

We remain at your disposal for any further inquiries.

Best Regards,
    italist staff

• Bi
      30th of Jun, 2017

No other European stores charge duty fees for international orders, or US stores for that matter... what a joke. Im in Australia and the customs duties should be 10%, they wanted to charge me 20% are they serious? This place sent me an email offering me an additional 40% off on top of the current sale price, however not only will they not honor the discount, they wont even acknowledge the existence of the email even after i sent it back to them. i obviously wont be buying anything from this dodgy seller but i will be lodging complaint about their false and misleading advertising. Hopefully these people will at least cop a hefty fine if nothing else.

• Er
      11th of May, 2018

Agree, ordered an IRO jacket from them - it arrived quickly but I'd like to return it (I'm not sure its real and no one will send me a return address or someone to talk to. I'm super annoyed). I already have disputed my credit card charge and now wondering where I send this back for a return. Sketchy sellers. I have tried to email customer service this entire week with no response, there is no phone number and when i chat for service, they disconnect me. Totally nightmare. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER. ITALIST IS FRAUDULENT

• Ka
      14th of Aug, 2018

Returned an Herno jacket and requested store credit. Have tried 5 credit cards and all are rejected to buy another one after they told me to send the other one back. I KNEW i should’ve kept it.. had a bad feeling. They haven’t given me store credit... I sent jacket back and no refund and I have written numerous times. SO PISSED.

• Ra
      14th of Nov, 2018
    Italist - Excellent!

Good offers with fast delivery, and the products are on trend. Excellent!

14th of Nov, 2018
    Italist - error

Just encountered error awhile ago.
    Just want to say.. Still the best! 2 things I love about shopping in this site? Fast delivery and price. Check them out guys!

19th of Nov, 2018
    Italist - Italist again

Ordered multiple times now, and have had a positive experience every time. Never had any hassles. They have good deals and I find their website to be very user friendly.

Wouldn't hesitate to shop with them again"

20th of Nov, 2018
    Italist - It is legit

Italist provides shopping opportunities for both genders. The shopping bag and wish list function provided on the website makes it convenient to make price comparisons and selections. Thankful to have Italist on site!

• St
      27th of Dec, 2018

If I could give zero stars, I would. For a $120 item, they require a signature for delivery using DHL. There is no way around this. You must be home from 9-5 Monday through Friday (although if you call DHL, they will tell you that residential deliveries are after 5, unless you're on the commercial route ... so you must be home ALL DAY to get your package). The Italist requires this and they do not tell you this before you order. And when you contact them about it, they do not help you manage DHL. They basically say "good luck" and disclaim any responsibility for processing a return if you simply try to have the package returned to them. I've never had a worse experience.

• Pg
      22nd of Feb, 2019

Worst customer experience ever! I recommend not to buy from them ever. I lost my money and my time.