Italian Consulate In London / I can't renew my passport

browne house, London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

To whom it may concern, My name is Mattia Esposito and I am hereby making an Official Complaint regarding the Italian Consulate service of renewing passports and expired documents for Italian nationals. I have been at the Consulate to file an application to renew my expired passport, on 11/11/1111. Upon arrival I have been informed that I must apply using the online service or by calling the number provided for the service, which charges 75 pence per minute. I have therefore followed your instructions to go online only to discover that your service is a shamble!! as there are no appointments available whatsoever. I am sure of this because I have been trying to obtain an appointment SINCE JULY AND IT HASN'T HAPPENED TILL NOW, DECEMBER, even though the reason why I want to travel is quite urgent. I was planning to travel to Italy to visit my sick brother, affected by cancer and whose health was rapidly decaying at the time. And I made another attempt recently to apply for a new passport by going directly to the Consulate as my brother has now died. Due to my current financial situation I am not able to use the phone service, as it is way too expensive and morally unjust . Apart from being really disgusted to be be an Italian in this particular circumstance and ashamed at the way the Italian Consulate in the United Kingdom operates and treats it's people. I have also suffered emotional distress, anxiety and problem with my overall health because of this situation the Consulate has put me in. I REQUEST TO SPEAK TO THE GENERAL CONSUL BECAUSE THIS SITUATION IS UNACCEPTABLE. And I also want to make an appeal to please be mindful of how you treat people and change your policies because you may find yourself guilty of many disasters in people's lives and not only, in the future. I will take this further, unless I receive a prompt answer from someone willing to solve this situation effectively. Sincerely, mattia esposito

Re
Dec 31, 2015

Comments

• Da
      Apr 24, 2018
    Best Best Advice

I am disgusted and appalled by the service. I have been trying to get hold of the telephone number for the passport booking service since November 2017. My passport is expiring in June 2018 - and now it is end of April and i still have no passport. I need to visit my niece who is very disabled and probably not going to be around for much longer (she has an awful condition) but your consulate is terrible. I want a response, how do i renew my passport. How do i get a new passport? I believe many people are complaining but you are doing nothing.
    I am ashamed to be considered Italian right now as you are helping no italians.

• Kh
      Jun 05, 2018

To whom it may concern,

My name is Khalid Mao and I am hereby making an Official Complaint regarding the Italian Consulate service of renewing passports and expired documents for Italian nationals. I have been at the Consulate to file an application to renew my expired passport, on 02/04/18. Upon arrival I have been informed that I must apply using the online service or by calling the number provided for the service, I have therefore followed your instructions to go online only to discover that your service is a shamble!! as there are no appointments available whatsoever. I am sure of this because I have been trying to obtain an appointment since April and it hasn't happened till now, even though the reason why I want to travel is quite urgent. I was planning to travel to Morocco to visit my sick brother, I made another attempt recently to apply for a new passport by going directly to the Consulate . Apart from being really disgusted to be be an Italian in this particular circumstance and ashamed at the way the Italian Consulate in the United Kingdom operates and treats it's people. I have also suffered emotional distress, anxiety and problem with my overall health because of this situation the Consulate has put me in. I request to speak to the General Consul Because this situation is unacceptable. And I also want to make an appeal to please be mindful of how you treat people and change your policies because you may find yourself guilty of many disasters in people's lives and not only, in the future. I will take this further, unless I receive a prompt answer from someone willing to solve this situation effectively.

Kind regards

Khalid Mao
    MOBILE: 07454205848

• La
      Jul 03, 2018

I have been trying to deal with the Italian Consulate in London for three weeks. My passport is due to expire in January but your passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months and I need to travel for work in Sept and October. Spent every morning for the last three weeks calling that number and of course - since putting in place a simple queueing system is too difficult - the number is constantly busy. The online system is not working anymore. IN SHORT, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT. Without the appointment you cannot renew your passport.

I spent two hours in line today and all they tell me is to keep calling that number or make an emergency request with letter by my employer.

SHAMEFUL!

• Iv
      Jul 08, 2018

same as above...I don't really need to read the posts before me anyway..my experience is like so many others'..been through the whole thing...no result, but few bitter laughs.

Hey bureaucrats, you are paid by us, Italian citizens! Get the [censored] out of there or start working for us! You good day at work: a coffee break to start with, a chat, another cappuccino, a martini...Come on, dear friend, another day paid to do nothing...oh I was forgetting that favor! Oh I am such a good bureaucrat! I represent Italy: a [censored]ing mess, thanks to me too! Poor, the little men, how can it be their fault? They are incapable and therefore got those jobs.

• Ar
      Jul 13, 2018

questa e' la riflessione diretta del menifrechismo e l'inadequatezza del governo italiano vergognoso come l'eterno solito troppo poco, troppo tardi, o assolutamente e solitamente, chi se ne frega.vergognatevi tutti voi al governo per non fare nulla al riguardo. come cittadino italiano all'estero non mi sono mai sentito cosi'vergognoso come adesso di considerarmi italiano. e lashiamo le solite stronzate l'italia qui l'italia qua noi siamo i migliori in questo e quello, noi in questo caso siamo il cesso del mondo, inefficenza, inadequatezza, assenza, inefficenza, strafottenza, queste sono le parole che io definisco, la burocrazia di merda italiana.

• Ly
      Jul 13, 2018

Oh I so agree with all of the above. I have been making 50 calls a day for about a week now trying to get through. Really, it is time the Italian civil service had a thorough overhaul.

• Ly
      Jul 13, 2018

Yeh - I have just got through and have an appointment on 16 August. My advice is to hit callback on your iPhone constantly. It took 56 attempts today but I got there!!!

• Fr
      Jul 18, 2018

This is actually unacceptable. London and the United Kingdom is a major partner of Italy and has thousands upon thousands of Italian residents. It is extremely embarrassing and unprofessional to have a consulate that is not reachable in any way and a passport renewal process that is like winning the lottery. Maybe I should switch my nationality to a third world country...it will probably be easier to get a new passport that way. Shambles. Vergognatevi.

• Re
      Jul 24, 2018

Recently I made a trip from Leeds to London to renew my passport. I had an appointment booked in, was seen on that day and after 4 hours I was walking out of the consolate with my new passport. I was not expecting that at all.
    Very big thank you to all staf there as they are very friendly, working very hard and keen to help everybody.
    Also people arriving without an appointment have been seen and dealt with on that day. So no need to try many attempts to call and to book.
    Again a big thank to all staff for your hard work and help. 😊

• Ki
      Jan 04, 2019

I have managed to get an appointment with the Consulate on the 18th of December 2018. I have booked a trip back to my home country on the 6th of February 2019. They say it takes 30 working days for the passport to arrive. Do they stick to their 30 day word or do they keep you waiting for extra days. I don't want to lose out on the money i have paid.

• Li
      Mar 27, 2019
    Italian General Consulate In London - Change of AIRE
    Italy

I filled a request to have my AIRE changed to London almost one year ago, on 26/03/18, and it has not been accepted yet! They want you to keep your details updated, and change any information as soon as possible, but they do not do their part!

• Gi
      Apr 30, 2019

I am two years on, no passport, due to the birth certificate name change, I was born in Belgium on route to Canada to Italian parents. Belgium for some unknown reason translated my birth name to what it would be in their country. My wife and I have been attempting to call statocivili, for over 6 months and logged thousand YES thousand of calls. (I am convinced the phone is only manned by one person) Now we are attempting the e mail route. We did contact other departments and had one e mail with a bit of information. THANK YOU but the matter is far from settled. Given i have no passport, i am effectively stateless.