IT digital trading sim lim sq / price cheating

1 Singapore Review updated:

I was cheated by IT digital trading in Sim Lim square. address : #01-33/34 Sim Lim Square singapore.
On April 9, 2009 I went to spore just to looking a new camera for me, I think Singaporean honestly do business, and this is more than 20 times i visit sim lim square, I live in Indonesia (Batam), after check to about 3 shops, then i enter a shop at corner #01-33/34 called IT Digital trading, after 10 minutes, I decided to buy canon Eos 450d with kit Lens 18-55 and tele 75-300 lens all price incl gst was S$1, 100.-, then I pay cash money to them.
after that, the sales (man about 50 years old, 150cm height called A Joo) start the trick, hey, why you not pay more S$350.- to get a far better than eos 450d, this FujiFilm S100fs is a new release about 1 month ago (later I know release more than 1 year ago), this camera have 3000 high resolution lines, HD video recording (actually not at all), have lens 28 - 400mm, I ask him is this a DSLR camera ?, yes this is DSLR, I can give you special S$1, 450.- because our boss get a a thousand unit from importer, so from the price list more than S$2, 000.- I can give you special price. after much bargain (I think this sales have to adjust Lcd / display setting, and other program setting at Canon 450d so take a bad picture) than ask me to compare by my self which camera is better canon or fujifilm.
after 15 minutes much bargain, I add S$280, so total I pay to him S$1, 380.- after that i have lunch then try the camera and i shocked because i can not change the lens, it is a fixed lens, and it is also in the category of
bridge / prosumer camera, Not a DSLR. now i know i was cheated, and call to shop asking to replace with Canon 450d, they refused, even no money return. (i will lost S$280), they still refused. and asked me if i want to replace with Olympus E 520, but must add another
S$300.- . I check with another shop, that surprise me, the price of Fujifilm S100fs price is S$680 incl gst.
in Jakarta the street price is about Rp4, 900, 000.- (S$685). SO I WAS CHEATED S$ 700.-
a Camera price S$680, sell to me for S$1, 380.-
a few days later they conform to compensate me with spare battery(OEM) and cheap China made tripod with total worth less than $75.- I dont know to whom i must report this cheating, to Police ?, or I can only let our Indonesian here to know that Singapore now is no more a Shopping heaven.
All Indonesia must beware to shopping in Sim Lim Square.
can help me solve this problem pls, this my email : asiaprimaworkspace@yahoo.com.sg
regards,

Wa

Comments

• Ge
      29th of Jun, 2009

I also bought a camera from them. Few days later only i found out that they actually sold the camera to me in a higher price compare to the market price. As usual I only searched for some of the camera models that I would like to buy. They persuaded me to buy another model that I never thought of buying before, they explained and compared the camera features to me, and as a first time buyer, I trusted their professional recommendation and advice. The camera is only sold in $399 and some even lower than this price, and they sold it to me at $525 which after discounted by them. I feel so pissed off and cheated by them. I went back to them and ask for refund, they said cannot, item sold out is not refundable and they start avoiding me. How can this happen in Singapore? I thought consumer is very protected here?

What I can advice is DON'T EVER GO TO THIS SHOP!!!

REMEMBER THE SHOP NAME - I.T. DIGITAL TRADING PTE LTD

• Sh
      17th of Oct, 2009

I just bought a projector and screen from this shop too. I got ripped off. I went in knowing roughly what I wanted. Was looking for projectors about $800-$900. Then that guy said no such thing about competitor's pricing, started abusing the competitors for being dishonest and making fake claims, then wanted to sell me one for 1, 100, then I said it was too expensive, and walked away, he then lowered it to 1000, then 900.. but I still walked away. At $900 I stopped because he threw his cigarette on the floor and scolded me for being insincere.

Thinking $900 would be an OK deal, I proceeded to defend myself. I finally was coaxed into buying the whole set, projector and screen for $991 inclusive of GST, thinking it was a fair deal.

Screen was not available and had to be ordered so I had to come back the next day. The next day, when I collected the screen, he told me to bring back the projector he sold me to exchange it for a better one. I was surprised and thought he was being nice. The next day I came back with the projector, and he said, sure.. you can exchange but you'll have to add $600. That's crazy! He intentionally mislead me and wasted my time making a trip there.

When I got back to Malaysia, I just happened to check for the prices, and the price difference was $216 at $775 and in Malaysia, they even offered 12 months 0% interest payment and no extra charge on credit card.

What a rip off. Singaporeans are cheats. If you want to buy computer or electronic stuff, please go to Malaysia - Low Yat Plaza. Most stores have a price list which is already the discounted price. You can probably get a few dollars off, but it's pretty much rock bottom prices. Do just be careful to ensure that the item bought is exactly the item you want and that you get the warranty and receipt. You don't even have to worry about walking away, as no one will bother to scold you or make you feel stupid.

You can be assured that you won't get verbally abused or put down by uneducated cheats.

1st of Jul, 2011

I am from Australia. While in Singapore on 9th May, 2011, a taxi driver (the name he supplied me was Richard, Phone # 83553756) supposedly taking my husband & I on a city tour of Singapore, took us to IT Digital Trading Pte Ltd. Bad decision!! We ended up getting ripped off to the sum of $1600.00 AUD!!! On top of that I handed over my old camera as a trade-in, having been told by the store owner that it would be sent to India to be donated to less fortunate people. We have been totally conned by this man, it makes me feel sick on my stomach just to think about it. This experience has turned us off ever going back to Singapore on holidays, even though we love the cleanliness of the city. My one wish is that something can be done to stop him from trading as he is giving Singapore a bad reputation.

• Ta
      20th of May, 2012

THESE SHOP IS RIPPING PEOPLE OFF AND GIVING SINGAPORE A VERY VERY BAD NAME.