Issuances Office/Data Release Division / Fraud concerning sweepstakes winnings

1 22 Donald Ct., Metairie, LA 70003Metairie, LA, United States Review updated:

My wife received a letter from the Data Release Division from the Issuances office in P.O. Box 9000, East Meadow, NY [protected], telling her that she won $1, 400, 000, and that if she sent in a fee of just $19.99, which would "guarantee her 100% access for the Award Monies and Prizes". THis letter was signed in blue ink by the Prize Anouncer, Robert Richards. We then checked the internet and found out it was a scam. I'm furious about receiving letters like this because hard-working people are being robbed of their money by vultures like these. Please help to get this company prosecuted and thrown in jail!!

Thanks,

Joe

Comments

He
  14th of Sep, 2009

i completely agree they need to be brought accountable for their false actions...I just received my second letter and as soon as i saw this on the inteneret i ran and took the first notification out of mailbox and ripped it up! if it weren't for people like you posting this information i would have become one of their probably thousands of victims...what can be done about this "false advrtisement"?

Jo
  15th of Oct, 2009

i just recieved the same notice, reading exact amount 1.4 mil today october 15, 2009 i had a feeling this was a scam!!! joe

Bl
  16th of Dec, 2009

Joe, i just recieved one of these letters, luckyly i look them up online and found your posting, thanks to you i'm not gonna be scamed by this company.. they should be prossecuted!!!

Li
  17th of Jan, 2010

Joe,

Thanks for saving me. I also received a letter like this today January 14, 2010. I googled the information from the letter and received your input on this matter. I absolutely hate the way people can scam off of other peoples emotions. The economy is bad enough and everyone is going through hard times that when you do receive something like this you wish it really was true. EVERYONE NEEDS TO REMEMBER IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS. It is people like you who we need to watch out for us. Exceptly when you are young and don't realize the horrible things that people can do to get away with scams like this. Thanks again for saving me, and everyone else that will read these comments. This company will be hearing from me and I will be sending this information to the better business bureau so more people can receive information regarding this scam.

April

Gr
  16th of Feb, 2010

i just received my third letter from drd/robert richards address of east meadow, ny and am outraged that they can still get away with what they are doing. what does it take to get our government involved to protect hard working people who are struggling every day due to the economic situation and are grabbing at straws just to keep a roof over their heads. the letter looks very geniune and if i had not researched probably would of fallen for the trap. please do not fall for this kind of scam, i am sure the $19.99 they are asking for can be used for something far more important. i have turned my letters in to the post office, hopefully something can be done. god bless all and please take care. grmmx2 in florida

De
  15th of Apr, 2010

I also received the letter stating I have won 1.4 million. I have seen these type of letters before and have been a victim to such scams. If it wasn't for this posting I would have to became a victim to yet another scam like before. Thanks

Gv
  15th of Apr, 2010

I recieved the same letter today where it states that I was a prize winner of 1, 400, 000.00. I have searched high and low and used a site that investigators use to find specific people and Robert Richards is non-existant. Please donot fall victim to this scam. Please be wise and before you send a company money for anything do a little research. They will have their judgement date so for those that have been taken advantage of no worries.
GV32

Da
  15th of May, 2010

Lock them up and throw away the key we got this letter to and we hope others do not fall for this scam there are hard working people that fall for this and are stolen from this thieves they want to take the easy way and ripe off others that are working for there money and they want to sit on there a** and get money for free. How can we all be the winners.

Ho
  14th of Jun, 2010

I recieved the same letter dated june 10th 2010, the language was the same as the others with a prize of 1.4 million. I check the return adress at box 9000 East Meadow, NY 11554 and found another name at that address called CPPD Special Matters Office. The BBB website gave them a rating of F, gee I wonder why? People that prey on others should have the same thing put in their own lap!!!

As
  16th of Nov, 2010

i just got 2 letters from 2 addresses saying if i sent 19.99 that i have a 100% chance of gettong my monies and prizesi wish it wasnt a scam cause it sounds to good to be true and when it sounds to good to be true it usualy isnt!I hate that i sent $11.98 to someone else and then other people are trying to get me to send 199.99 it is not going to happen cause im not going to get screwed well that sucks very much never again will i trust these letters like this.

Mi
  18th of Jan, 2011

How Phony can you get. READ the letter and look at the way it is written.!!. There is no way this is for real. The only thing that is real is they sucker people into sending $19.99 in real money to spend or amass to a fortune for them. Hummm Send 100, 000 of these for a $19.99 return on 50, 000 that is a good return and makes a good days work for someone. The first clue for me was at the top of the 1st page just under the address to the right side of the page. Name of person, "here receiving notice" that would state, name if person, " is hereby notified of winnings} and nowhere in the English language or legal doc, ever put a "$" in front of any text such as in this letter $ " Full $Amount" lets get real here. no legal or authorized org to award prizes would be so vague about who they are awarding any winnings for without stating the exact sweepstakes that you entered and on what date. So this so full of SCAM written all over it . DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY to them. Everyone that got one of these letters should sign it ' FANTOM CATS ORG and mail it back letting them know they are real fools to think the American People would be so foolish to send them one dime. Also might attach 1 penny with scotch tape and tell them to take the rest out of your winnings beings they own you more then you owe them. Good luck and please read for the correct English text, after all they can not translate from their own language to English correctly. That is FIRST CLUE!!!

Ma
  13th of May, 2011

These people are true scammers! Same letter, wording and address used in my letter. Do Not send these people any of your money! We work too hard to make it by each day, to support someone who is a FRAUD!

Nj
  13th of May, 2011

Janet
I just to received the same letter saying, I won 1.4 million
I knew the writing was fake and I looked it up and sure enough it was fake
Austin, Texas

Sp
  16th of May, 2011

Thanks for this posting, first thing that popped up on a google search for this company. Sent to my husband May 15, 2010, lot of funny jargon and no phone numbers. Sucks that this kind of thing is a scam. now my husband is grumbling about how he could have been debt free and rich in two days...