Ispeak Video / Rip Off

1 99 SE Mizner Blvd, Suite 120Boca Raton, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-443-0862

Stay clear from this scam, they pretend they are going to make videos for you or any other service. They request a 50% deposit yet they never deliver the product. I requested to have video made back in July now it is December, and they charged the full balance. They never respond to email or any other request. STAY CLEAR FROM THIS SCAM. You will not get what you paid for they are just out to get your credit information. Check there BBB status they have other complaints like this too
http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/advertising-agencies/ispeakvideo-in-boca-raton-fl-92011789 Also have a fake New York address

Ispeak Video

More Ispeak Video Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Is
      3rd of Sep, 2011

iSpeakVideo was purchased by iSpeak Interactive in Seattle last April. We claim no responsibilty for the actions of the past owners, who are no longer associated with the new iSpeak. We are an entirely new business that just happens to have the same name. Although under no obligation, we have "made good" with many of their past customers. If anybody that has done business with the previous company would like, they may contact us at 855.547.7325.

• Wi
      9th of Oct, 2012

• Wi
      6th of Mar, 2015

It's ridiculous that this post is still even up. The company was purchased over 4 years ago, and has an A+ rating with the BBB. Why is this still up? Just enjoy hurting small companies I guess

• Pi
      11th of May, 2015

Well, I paid the deposit for a video from the seattle company in in 2014 and Im still waiting for my ispeak video. so... sorry, it is still a scam. i've called left messages and lyle and ken king never call me back. they said they'd fix it and they still ... now may of 2015, their phone number doesn't work.

• Pi
      11th of May, 2015

I gave them lyle and ken king i believe their names were, a $800 deposit for a video, i called and complained that a year later it's still not done, albeit, i was to blame for some of the delay in getting them a script and some high res photos, so they said they'd do it all for just the deposit price and to not worry they won't charge me full price and the product i got back as a demo was a joke, i've been calling to compaling for a year now and no one will return my calls and emails. i simply want my deposit back.

6th of Oct, 2015

Big Scam. On February 12, 2014 I entered into a contract with iSpeak Interactive, Inc. AKA iSpeak Video (Lyle Holmes) to create a website and 7 videos for a website. Cost of project was agreed upon at $10, 350.00. An upfront deposit of 50% ($5175.00) was required and paid in full. Months went by with absolutely nothing being done. I kept being told that the work was being done on the back end and was almost complete. After 8 months of absolutely nothing being done Lyle Holmes agreed to and met with my developers and myself via internet meeting. My developers handle software development for my other company AT. The meeting was to discuss and to hand over the development project to them. My developers would take over the development of the FF website and iSpeak Video and Lyle Holmes would handle the productions of the 7 videos. 11 months later, almost one year to the date, September 29, 2015 and not one thing has been done on the videos. Last communication from Lyle Holmes was on September, 21, 2015 via email where he stated:
    “I will make it a priority to have the scripts for you Wednesday. We can review them on the phone (Thursday) or by email, whichever works for you”.
    Wednesday September, 23, 2015 as well as Thursday September 24, 2015 came and went without any communication from Lyle Holmes or iSpeak Video. No one will answer the phones at iSpeak Video. No one will respond to email at iSpeak Video. Lyle will not answer his cell phone. It is my understanding the offices of iSpeak Video were closed down and Lyle now operates out of his home where there is no production facility to make the videos required. It is also my understanding that all employees and actors have left the company because they have not been paid and are owed money. I simply would like my deposit returned and my AT website assets returned to me from his Amazon servers.
    A final note, I have noticed on previous BBB complaints of Lyle Holmes with iSpeak Interactive making reference to “free hosting” that was never charged for as work was being done. Let me nip that one in the bud before it is presented here. In my service agreement it clearly states, “iSpeak Interactive will provide free hosting of the site on iSpeak Interactive servers which are part of the Amazon network”.
    I would highly recommend any person or company considering iSpeak Video or iSpeak Interactive to reconsider. A background search via Google will yield several red flags. I wished I had done my Google background searches prior to doing business with William “Lyle” Holmes. My bad.

6th of Oct, 2015

BBB A+ rating has been removed Mr. Holmes. I encourage all to click on the BBB A+ rating icon on iSpeak Video's website and it take you to the BBB where it states his A+ rating has been removed. Furthermore he is fraudulently taunting this A+ rating by the BBB that does not exist and will not take down the link. http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/marketing-programs-and-services/ispeak-interactive-in-seattle-wa-22673331

6th of Oct, 2015

Big Lie! BBB A+ rating is a big lie. Go to the link William "Lyle" Holmes has posted: http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/marketing-programs-and-services/ispeak-interactive-in-seattle-wa-22673331

• Tr
      24th of Oct, 2015

In defense of iSpeakVideo, as someone who knows them well, iSpeakVideo has been overly generous with trying to please their clients, sometimes to their own detriment. There were some clients who asked for things beyond the original project scope. They didn’t take heed to the professional advice and experience of the iSpeakVideo staff about best web practices and insisted on doing things their way. When it backfired on the client, they blamed iSpeakVideo who then went out of their way to re-do the project the way their staff recommended in the first place. This took time away from their other clients' projects and from a financial aspect, the time outweighed the cost which means iSpeakVideo made very little profit on those projects. In other words, sometimes iSpeakVideo took it in the shorts to make their clients happy, which is a reason they were forced to lay off some of their staff. There have been many more happy clients than unsatisfied ones, and being familiar with iSpeakVideo's integrity I can only imagine they will amend any outstanding issues. They did not ask me to write this review and had no previous knowledge that I was going to do so. I prefer to remain anonymous.

23rd of Nov, 2015

Is filing Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and screwing many hard working Americans out of their hard earned money your idea of iSpeak Video and Lyly Holmes taking it in the shorts for their clients Mr. Truth Teller. Funny how Mr. Truth Teller only knows details that Lyle Holmes himself would know. Maybe Mr. Truth Teller will enlighten us on past prison sentences, felony history, and other related bankruptcies in the Holmes household. Let's share what the Seattle Weekly News said in an article:
    Seattle Weekly News

More scares for Scarecrow

For a while it looked like the founders of Scarecrow Video, George and Rebecca Latsios, would be forced by federal bankruptcy court to sell their business to a convicted felon in violation of his probation, merely because his was the highest bid. But the buyer failed to make his down payment for the store by the deadline set by the court, March 31, and the Latsioses stepped back into its day-to-day management, only to discover a little souvenir left behind by ex-buyer Lyle Holmes during his months as manager: an unpaid bill from New York's Fassbinder Foundation for rental of some 20 films by the late German master, presented under the aegis of Scarecrow back in January. Attempts to contact Holmes have been fruitless. Meanwhile, the search continues for a buyer both able to put up the million-plus needed to satisfy the Latsioses' debts and likely to maintain the collection of one of the half-dozen leading video rental shops of North America.

Another finding:

In 1993, Holmes pleaded guilty to conspiracy and mail fraud after embezzling money from the U.S. Department of Housing and Development. 33 at the time, Holmes was sentenced to two years in prison and ordered to pay more than $976, 000 in restitution to HUD.
    Trustee Services Inc., with Holmes serving as CEO, was contracted to collect money on foreclosures against HUD property. Holmes admitted to using the money to pay off personal debts and credit-card debts. Investigators also found evidence he was planning to use embezzled funds to start a new company.
    Eight years later and out of prison, Holmes was attempting to purchase Scarecrow. A bankruptcy judge refused to block the deal despite the past conviction. But the Scarecrow sale eventually fell through and new buyers stepped in. In 2014, Scarecrow reorganized as a non-profit and remains one of the last operating video stores in the city.

• Di
      9th of Dec, 2015

I really apprciate your work but what about the last due payment which i have not got since last 6 months. i have done many projects of Ispeak Video and due to Odesk.com issue i havnt got my payment from your team. so please let me know about this that when can i get my payment
    Divyesh Pala, India
    +91 98989 34198

9th of Dec, 2015

Don't hold your breath Divyesh. Lyle Holmes and iSpeak Video AKA iSpeak International have filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. He literally has screwed hard working people like yourself out of $1, 283, 184.00. Not bad. It's his idea of doing this world a great service. Even the previous post by Mr. Truth Teller thinks that this kind of business operation is a grand characteristic of Lyle Holmes. I guess it is okay in the eyes of Mr. Truth Teller and William Carlyle Holmes to be an ex convict and current con artist and screw people out of over a million dollars. Sorry for your loss Divyesh.

• Fr
      30th of Dec, 2015

I am related to Lyle Holmes and am very aware of his questionable activities. Please contact me if you want additional information about Lyle and/or his spouse, Janet Jennings.