Iso Beauty / Unauthorized billing

United States Review updated:

I was at the mall and was stopped by a salesperson at one of the kiosk. They were selling flat irons. I had a good Sedu flat iron at home. She started to flat iron my hair and I was amazed. My hair had so much shine, it was silky straight and then she put these beautiful ringlets in my hair that would only come out when she ironed them. She told me the temperature of the iron did not get over 250 degrees so it would not damage my hair and a bunch of stuff about negative ions. I was a idiot and fell for it $165 later. Not only did I buy one but, I talked my daughter into one and they gave it to her for $99 When I got home the iron worked like crap and did not even work better than my Sedu. In fact my Sedu works a lot better. Also the temperature reaches 450 degrees and the iron is hot to touch. When I paid for the iron I was given a receipt stamped "NO REFUNDS" which I was not even told about, nor was there any visible signs.

I got in touch with the company by email and phone and they were very rude and unhelpful. We just went back and forth with out getting anything resolved. I went back to the kiosk and they told me I just needed to practice more.Why would I need to practice when I been using flat irons for years. The company said they would exchange, but I do not want the same crappy iron I already own. I am sure the ones the use to do your hair are not the same as the ones they sell.

If you go to their website isobeauty.com you will see that their iron sell for around $300 that is how much my box says. If you want to be safe DO NOT buy from the internet except from folica.com, only buy from Beauty Supply stores, Dept. stores, and Drug stores, places where you can return a item if it does not work the way you would like it to.
Va

More Iso Beauty Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Sh
  8th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
The same thing happened to me today, I got ripped off at a mall kiosk, the salespeople were pushy and wouldn't take no for an answer. I really want to return it or somehow get my money back, but am not sure if there is a way. Did you have any success in trying to return your flat iron?

Thanks
Mi
  6th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My flat iron from the mall ISO kiosk works great. I paid 169 all together but they threw in an extra one as a buy one get one free. I wouldn't trade that flat iron for anything and I was told up front about no returns and that if I wanted, I could exchange at anytime. Maybe the flat iron I bought was new and improved or something...
Wa
  13th of Dec, 2009
I got screwed too. I'm going to take my medicine, but the next time I am at the mall and I see them giving a customer the same treatment I got, well, I'm just going to exercise me right to free speech. God, I don't want to go to jail.
Wa
  13th of Dec, 2009
I got screwed, too. I'm going to take my medicine, but the next time I am at the mall and I see them giving a customer the same treatment I got, well, I'm just going to exercise me right to free speech. God, I don't want to go to jail.
Is
  22nd of Dec, 2009
i would like to help you resolve any problem with iso beauty im from iso beauty.
you can reach me at 8187719359
1877-9-for-iso
isobeauty@gmail.com

we can help you with any of your complaints.
just let me know where and when it happened.

we will contact the vendors to explain them if it will happened we will stop selling to them.
Ad
  11th of Nov, 2010
We would be more than happy to hear what you have to say please contact us
1877-9-FOR-ISO
818-7719702
isobeauty@gmail.com
www.isobeauty.com
Ar
  9th of Jul, 2011
I would love to know why ISO people here are pushing a site for their product that is suspended. Sorry but this iron is crap. It DOES NOT curl hair without something being put into the hair. I'd very much like to know what was put/sprayed into my hair at the mall.
Ka
  9th of Oct, 2013
I had a horrible experience at the Iso straightening irons kiosk as well. I went to the mall last week on a lunch break and today again to get a book, and each time I pass that kiosk they swarm me like mosquitos and won't take no for an answer. I was kind the first time, but the second time it happened I realized their script (during both of my experiences) were EXACTLY the same. They both whispered that their manager is out and they "want to give me a deal" and they both made the same comments about how a customer left behind a coupon and I'm free to use it to get a bottle of oily stuff for free. I called them out on it. All three salespeople were there and I told them that to sell their product they better have a better variety of scripts because their scripted lies are going to put them out of business. Their mouths all gaped open as I walked away. Do NOT get talked into buying one of their irons. They're horribly hot and bad for your hair and are ridiculously overprices. Bottom line--it's a SCAM.