Island Overhead Door / Abusive un-informed staff

1 Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

Poor business practices on part of the company leads to abusive calls. Anybody concerned about personal integarity should avoid this company. My experience with them has been nothing but a nightmare. At no time do I ever apperciate disorganized outfit calling me a liar when I make the effort to correct their mistakes.

They simply deserve to go out of business. When you purchase from a reputible company atleast you have means of lodging a complaint. Good luck with these people!

Comments

• Da
      2nd of Mar, 2011

I have dealt with this company for several years and they have always been helpful, kind and have gone out of their way to assist me after hours when required. They are on the site at a drop of a hat when there is a mechanical breakdown with a motor or garage door / gate. I disagree with your comments and perhaps you misunderstood the context in which your problem was being handled. I strongly suggest you contact the company to discuss your feelings as they have always been helpful with my garage door and gate needs. Perhaps they can help you if you calmly discuss your concerns and issues with them. When you call there, ask to speak to Darren, the owner. This is who I have always dealt with and he has been great. Good luck with your problem, but I feel you have wrongly described this family run company!

28th of Feb, 2013

I agree. Abusive and rude!! Worst company to deal with. Don't stand behind their word or products. Absolute jerks on the phone. I wouldn't send want a free door opener from them. Inad to hire another company to fix why they would not. I went with then as they had a BBB rating. Biggest Mistake ever. I hope they go out of business. But sadly In a town like Nanaimo there is a sucker born everyday.. I was one of them. Family buisness?!? That family should be ashamed of ripping other hardworking families off. The comment that disagrees look like a employee/family member. STAY AWAY. BUY FROM SEARS OR HUNTER DOORS. DON'T WAISTE YOUR $. You are ON YOUR OWN AFTER YOUR OAY FOR PRODUCT AND INSTALL.

Wish I had seen this before I dealt w

28th of Feb, 2013

Wish I would have seen this review before I dealt with these crooks.

• Th
      2nd of May, 2013

Island overhead doors lacks integrity . They say one thing and don't follow through. I have dealt with them twice, the first time I was somewhat disappointed, but tried to give them the benefit of the doubt. The second time they confirmed my initial experience. They are slow to order, slow to install, not not return calls or emails once they get your money. Warranty issues, part replacement, etc. A company's integrity is only as good as it's owner's...stay away, do not deal with Island Overhead Doors...there are a lot of good companies out there I wish is used one of them.;

• Li
      8th of Jun, 2013

this company disgusts me. The old guy who owns the place is horrible and rude. The woman who answers the phone as well, lacks customer service. She treated me as if it was a huge pain in her butt to help me out. I've seen first hand how they treat their employees and I am surprised that they have any left! How Island Overhead Doors stays in business is beyond me. STAY AWAY from this company!!