Island One Resorts / Rip off!

1 8680 Commodity CircleOrlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-979-2147

I have been trying to sell my Island One Resort's Bryans Spanish Cove timeshare for three years to no avail. I was told last year that I could put my Week 6 timeshare up for rent this year. I filled out the forms and called during Week 6 and a family from New York was staying in suite 204. I called and asked when I could expect my rent money so I could pay for my 2008 maintenance fees. I was told that I would not be receiving any rent money and was told I had agreed to this when I filled out the forms to put it up for rent! I couldn't believe it. This is the mother of all ripoffs.

This company should be shut down immediately. There are complaint against them on this site. Stay way away from them.

Va

More Island One Resorts Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ke
      26th of Mar, 2009

I agree with this person 100%. They should be shut down. Anyone thinking about buying a timeshare from them dont. Its the worst thing you could do. They lie about everything. Stay away from them.

• Th
      11th of Jan, 2010

It's funny that I did the same thing. I had Week 6 at Spanish Cove, Unit 206 and called to find out someone was staying there. Got the same thing. I agreed to it but I also had sent a request to have it rented. I have just decided that I will not longer pay the maintenance fee. I'm old enough and secure enough, to tell them to shove it. I am also rich enough but that doesn't matter--it's the principle of the thing. Shut them down!!!

• Ra
      9th of Nov, 2010

I agree 100%. They lied about everything. They are an extremely high pressure sales force, with their routine down pat. For what I pay in annual maintenance, I could find a resort to rent. I had written to the Attorney General of Fl., but all I got was we'll look into it. If you must have a time share, go on line and rent one from the suckers like myself. I have had my unit for about seven years, and I can't give it away, which I would do. Also, the sites hardly rate the high stars they are given. At best they are two and a half to three stars out of five. Yes, they should be shut down, but caveat emptor, let the buyer beware. Don't get suckered into money or gifts for listening to their spin. They do not easily give these, and they put you through hell. Is a half day of vacation worth at best $100?

• It
      28th of Mar, 2012

All of this is LIES!!! I work at Island One Resorts and the company is NOT a rip off! Onwer do not read their contracts so they dont know how the timeshare ownership industry really works. Also when you own a timeshare, you dont own a specific condo, you own TIME! and if you call 2-4 weeks before you want to come in then of course we wont have space, especially if your wanting to come during a peak season! ISLAND OEN ROCKS!!!

• Gr
      25th of Jul, 2012

for anyone who is having a problem with this company Florida will not do anything about them. The best thing to do is contact the Federal Trade commissioner and let them know how they have defrauded you, and how you are aware there are many other consumers they are ripping off as well. Make sure you write they are ripping off other consumers as well. you can do this on line. Do it now. If you want results

• Ni
      30th of Dec, 2013

been trying to sell a flex week at plantation cove with no luck... not using it anymore... have been depositing weeks with II and using it that way for now... Now we do not need it... no resale dept.. anyone know who I can talk to face to face in st. augustine... Everyone wants money up front to sell and you never meet them... BBB says this is a scam.. so I am stuck, , HELP. St. Augustine, Florida
    Taxes current

• Di
      16th of Apr, 2016

Rudest company ive ever dealt with. Very abusive in the phone