Island One Resorts / Lack of contact

1 London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 00 44 7957165603

In October I received a telephone call from Howard [protected]) from Island One Resorts, informing me that they had recently taken over another company with whom I had a vacation booked and paid for and agreed the destinations. Howard informed me that they had taken over the previous company and were now responsible for my vacation. After giving my payment details (card number etc) and paid £167-00 to extend it as it was coming to an end, I got a call back to confirm the arrangements by the customer services [protected]). They were supposed to post the details of the vacation to me within 2 weeks from our conversation and to assist me on what i needed to do etc etc, however, it has been three months now and I have not heard anything. I have made several attempts to contact this company with the telephone numbers that i was given, but have been unsuccessful. I have a feeling that I may have been robbed of my money. I have paid in total approximately £1, 300-00 towards this vacation and it is very disappointing that I cannot speak to anyone about it so that I can start making arrangements. Howard gave me the impression that they were a genuine company with a very good reputation, which I have checked on the net and it appears to be, however, It is difficult to see this when I have made numerous attempts to contact them, to no avail.

If you could please assist me, I would really appreciate it. would I be able to get my money back, at least. Because I feel that I cannot trust this type of vacation anymore, as appealing as it may have seemed.

Yours sincerely

Sarah Sachar

More Island One Resorts Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Er
      13th of Sep, 2010

we are island one owners and every time we book a vacation with them it is nothing but a bloody headache. Once we are there everything is great but they do not run their business in a very organizied manner. Next time I go to Orlando I'm going to see Deborah Linden who is the founding owner and CEO of Island One. It's too bad such a beautiful place seems to under pay the staff so the people working there do not do their jobs with the dedication that is required by Island One.