Island One / Club Navigo / Haven't been refunded

1 Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-851-3212

We were contacted by club navigo for a timeshare free vacation. We were told false details including our responsibilities over the phone. Once we paid by credit card ($199. 00) and received info in the mail we noticed all the requirements that we specifically asked on the phone were different than we were told on the phone. We submitted a request for refund by certified mail per their requirements. It has been a few days short of one month since they received our request for refund (Via certified mail) and still no refund. My husband just tried to call them again and was hung up on. He immediately tried again and he got a answering machine saying they were closed, try back later. I guess we will try back later. Ha

Comments

• Zs
      12th of Jul, 2009

I was also scammed by this compnay, Island One/ Club navigo. My original contract was for an Every other year timeshare ownership interest. I was made to believe that I would pay maintenance and taxes every other years. I informed the rep that EOY was good, but EY was not an option and would create a financial hardship for me. However, after the first year of paying M&T, I was billed the following year as well. When I called to inquire I was simply told that the Association could change that at anytime. On top of that they informed me that they DO NOT buy back properties and can not help you sell it. "We can however, rewrite the loan for you or perhaps refinance it for you", they say. They need to be investigated because they are really taking advantage of people.

• Ti
      11th of Oct, 2009

I also upgraded to a 2 bedroom every other year and I also am paying maint. and taxes every year

• Ad
      31st of Oct, 2009

You purchased a timeshare after sighning contracts for all of this stuff. You still pay maint. every year when you own a EOY it's just split in half so you dont pay as much at once. Some people are just so fast to point fingers and say they have been scamed when there own stupidity has taken over. I have been an owner with Club Navigo for 13 years and love it. I use it every year and own a EOY, imagine that. I pay 420. a year in total fees and recieve 2 weeks each year. Yet there is stupid people out there that believe everything and cant even blame themselves most of the time.
    Happy Club Navigo owner here!!!

• Ka
      18th of Feb, 2010

I also feel that I was told false information. What I bought was a 7 day stay in Daytona and what I got was 7 days in Kissimmee! Was promised Daytona, but got another resort. I paid over $1800 for 8 nights, but if I would of just got online and reserved the same condo, my cost would of been over $900 less!!! So yes, I feel as if I got scamed and I am not stopping at some posting on this site. I will get my money back! Nothing against the resort itself, but the company that is behind these false promises must pay! I work hard for my money and I deserve what I was told I would get for my $1800 and not what they felt that they could "accomodate" us with!

• Is
      26th of Feb, 2010

This company is the biggest scam around! We were told that they would sell our PA timeshare for the one they were offering or there would be no deal. We have written documentation and are taking them to court if they do not refund our money. This company will promise you everything to try and get a sale and are 100% fraudulent. Do not deal with them! If they are making you offers, run in the other direction. Deal with a company that is ethical unlike this company. BIGGEST FRAUD AROUND. BIGGEST SCAM AROUND. BIGGEST HEADACHE AROUND DEALING WITH CLUB NAVIGO, ISLAND ONE RESORTS, IN ORLANDO FLORIDA. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS RIP OFF PROBLEM COMPANY.

• Ri
      14th of Jun, 2010
    Grand Sees/Club Navigo - fraud
    Grand Sees/Club Navigo
    Florida

Breech of contrcat. Fees paid., Service not provided

• Ut
      19th of Jan, 2011

My husband and I purchased a one bedroom timeshare through Club Navigo several years ago and are very happy with the service and the resorts at which we have stayed. We just upgraded to a two bedroom last year to get additional points! Have to disagree with above complaints, if you read the contract it is all stated in black and white - if you don't read, you may wind up with something you don't want.
    We are very happy with Club Navigo!

• Dr
      23rd of Feb, 2011

Many of Club Navigo complaints are "i didn't read the contract" problems...All adults should know that if a promise is not in writting is not valid...I'm a happy Club Navigo owner, since 2006, of 4800 points with Crescent Resort in South Beach Miami as my home resort. I have visited almost all resorts in the club so far...This year 2011, we are going 7 days to South Beach and 7 days to Playa del Carmen Mexico...READ THE RULES...you have to play by their rules and read the contract and everything will be ok. i, e. Reservation Request Periods, Limited Reservation Request Periods, Banked points, when to use, etc...you have to know your @#$@!!!

27th of Feb, 2012

We would like to ask for proof of cancellation of a number B1164159-1 contarto signed on 02/14/12 and 02/15/12 canceled days. We also request the cancellation of credit card charge in the amount of U $ 711.00. The contract says that we could cancel up to 10 days at no cost. Regards Mario Jose Agnes e Agar do Nascimento Agnes

• Sh
      24th of Mar, 2012

I too own a timeshare with club navigo, my home resort is the Liki Tiki! I have 4000 points and mine is every other year as well. Yes, I pay $540.00 per year for maintenance fees. I think what I'm seeing here is that it all boils down to what you agree to at the time of purchase. Kay Horn said her fees were only $420.00 a year? Last summer we went to my home resort for one week, two bedroom as always and they took all of my points for that one week! Now, I have to wait until 2013 before I can get more points or use my timeshare/but I still have to pay maintenance fees for this year. That doesn, 't seem fair to me! Unless I don't know the ins and outs of taking full advantage of my timeshare. By the way, we always went to liki tiki in the past, but this last trip there-- it looked so ghetto! I was very disappointed in Liki Tiki!

• Zo
      1st of Oct, 2012

I am a club Navigo owner as well. We stayed at the The Cove On Ormond Beach, and went to the owners orientation if you have any questions, or want to upgrade. We inquired about buying another timeshare in my wife's name to give us points every year instead of every other year. Well, the entire conversation was directed towards my wife and not me. A day later, I get an alert on my phone from my credit monitoring company alerting me that island one pulled my credit. I never gave anyone permission to run my credit at all. Never signed or verbally gave out my info. Island one will hear from our attorney.

18th of Jan, 2013

When I bought my timesharing, they told me it was an investment since if I wasn't interested anymore, they would resell it for me. Found out it's not the case. I want to sell it but doesn't know what to do. I have a week every other year at The Cove. Is someone interested?

• Fu
      20th of Jan, 2013

My wife and I were rooked into a timeshare presentation yesterday morning, luckily I had read some reviews first and it seems nothing has changed in the last ten years of reviews with this company and I believe they still use dishonest practices. First they promise you breakfast with the presentation turned out to be coffee and dounuts that you are not even slowed down to get one (I know its not a big deal but to me becon and eggs or pancakes or something more traditional is breakfast) first missleed. Once Mark (the sales rep) gets us to the table the first thing he tells us is he can send us anywhere in the world for just $149 to $179 thats it!... sounds good to me I think sign me up, then he asks what 5 or 6 places in the world would you like to go, we mention a few places he tells us all of those places would cost thousands of dollars to go there for 7 days if we payed out of our own pocket, however his $179 also soon turns out to be thousands of dollars as well air fair, food, maintenance, taxes, condo fees etc. When we started to question his figures he blew up! throwing his pen on the table raising his voice and becoming very unprofessional. My wife says thats it we are done here, his reply is oh no you signed a contract to sit here for 90 minutes if you want to get your gift (Folks there is no free gift! we pay for the tickets to a theme parks as does everyone else that get coned into this so called presentation) my wife's response is I am good with that if want to sit here and argue for another half an hour. He takes us down to watch the 7 minute movie. When the movie is over I start to tell everyone what an ### our rep turned into when we dared to question anything he told us (remember it is your money and if you have questions who cares if they don't like it) so he comes into get us and tell us thats it we are done, Joe his co-worker will finish up with us. Now Joe also has to try and get us to buy something so he offers us a complimentrary 8 day 7 night for only $1599.00 he tells us the company makes absolutely nothing on this it is in hopes we change our mind (we are both confused what happened to $149-$179) so we politely decline and explain to Joe that we only payed $710.00 for 8 nights, now Joe is not sure what to say and finishes up the paper work so we can get our gift (remember the tickets we pay for. How things change I have always considered a gift as something that is free and no strings attached)
    So our take on this company and its representatives is that there seems to a lot of truth to what we have read misleading, deceitful, dishonest and condescending. It is your money you work hard for it so don't let anyone con you in for it!!

• Ba
      12th of Jun, 2013

There is also a company called "Sandos reservations" which is related to the Royal Elite Timeshare resorts in Mexico. They offer very cheap vacation packages, but after you pay an upfront, they keep charging you with more fees, not to mention that you have to do the timeshare presentation if you want to travel with them. This is another forum with more complaints made on both companies:

customer, BEWARE

• Br
      6th of Jan, 2014

We purchased a condo form Club Navigo in 2005 and at the time had a timeshare in Branson. We told them that we could not afford both of them. No worry, we will buy that one if we can't sell it for you in 60 days. Well 60 days came and went. No sale. We called and the gentleman that sold us the line of BS no longer works there(if you believe that), and no one will stand behind his statement. Did we get that in writing. Well no, we took the man at his word. Something we thought we would never do again. We recently stopped paying for the condo to force their hands to cancel the contract. A collection agency got in touch with us to settle the matter. Club Navigo would take half of what we owed and clear up our credit if we paid by a certain date. We paid in plenty time. Nothing from Club Navigo has been done to clear up our credit. We have received nothing in writing that would release us from our debt. Club Navigo is nothing but a scam and it just keeps happening to gullible people like us, that want a place to go and take our grandchildren.

• Ra
      5th of Jan, 2016

Club Navigo is a rip off. When we purchased our timeshare in 2004 we were paying $480 for taxes and maintenance every other year. Now we are paying $510 every year. I feel that the company is taken advantage of the owners. I tried talking to customer services and no one gave me any explanation of the higher cost. The customer service person even felt that we were getting ripped off. Do not recommend any purchase of timeshares.