Island Furniture - Melville, Long Island / Don't trust them!

I purchased a dinette set with Island Furniture on April 7, 2007. Twice I was promised delivery dates, twice I was stood up. No call from the company. When I finally spoke to the manager, Mr. Julio Kim, he said to come into the store, Sunday (April 29), to collect my down payment. He assured me it would be on record why I was there. I went to the store. Not only was Mr. Kim not there, but also his sales associates had no knowledge of the situation. Of course, no envelope with my money. Constant, blatant lies. Constant deception.

Caveat Emptor!

Linda Sottosanti
Middle Village, NY

A  26th of Feb, 2008 by
They are liars for sure. Since when does eight weeks = 4 months. I am still waiting for bar stools that I DOUBT I will ever get. I wish someone told me to stay clear away from these crooks. Lies, lies and more lies. I have had three dates to expect these stools and still nothing. They are awful liars.
D  15th of Oct, 2008 by
I have to say that I disagree. Iwas told 2 to 3 weeks for my order, and recieved it on time. My salesperson took their time in helping and the delivery was just as great. I would highly recomend them.
N  4th of Aug, 2009 by

I had the worst expierence. It is the worst furniture show room, worst customer service. They delivered me sofa and a coffee table after 60 days, of course after so many fights, and arguments. I bought a coffee table and by mistake glass was broken. I ordered a glass from them and they got me a wrong size. I went over there and talk to Bree and she is not willing to refund the money back and yelling at me. Whenever I go there, always I see customers over there with complains. This is the first time in my life i got so much angry with someone and came online to write bad things about someone.

D  2nd of Nov, 2009 by
I was an employee working for ISLAND FURNITURE/AMELIAS on 110 melville and Carle Place NY, when my employer HELENE was playing games with my pay, she pays when she feels like and pay was backed over a month, finally i quited two days before labor day weekend 2009. He favorite words are "Tomorrow" and another favorite think is avoiding phone calls to individuals she owes money to, Her personal cellphone. This is a typical thing Con/Crooks do avoiding phones and/or having P.O Boxes. Since she built her tab of over $600.00 she got down to 364.00 until i sent a lawful doc, a powerful papersoldier, "NOTICE OF UNPAID EMPLOYMENT SERVICES" notorized and Certified to ISLAND FURNITURE/HELENE, ET AL, because a typical common thing Crooks do is hide behind "CORPORATION" to avoid liability for there actions, She was worned on a lawful/legel action i planed to iniate on her, and she called me upon arrival of that doc, and stated "Come in Oct 26, 2009 Mon" for the rest of my money she owes me, She then said "Sign the Paper that I sent her paid in Full" thinking i was getting everything and after she "Bamboseled" me out of $50.00. and back to her favorite word again "Tomorrow". And now still a week after and she's back to avoiding calls again, Hoping she will get away with the 50.
I have legal experiance and was attempting to iniate a Common-Law lien on her, along with the Entire Court-System, Attacking her personally and her Business, Since she tricked/manipulated me into signing, the only thing i can do is Attack her With more papersoldiers laborboard, Irs forms since i never got any of my W2's back from her, and she never made me fill out a W4 form, during beginning employment. I might still bring her through the Court system for what she did, because I can be a "###" when i wanna be, because she pushed me to my limits. If anyone wants to get together, that she screwed they can contact me at ruggerio007@netzero.com, Remember the Power is in the "People" and Numbers.
N  18th of Dec, 2009 by
I usually not one to post comments, but Island Furniture infuriated me to finally do it. Save yourself some headache and go somewhere else, even if you have to pay more. They lie about delivery dates and promise it next week or "tomorrow" and never deliver. You take time off of work to meet them and they do not show. They do not answer the phone and when they do, they put you on hold for 15 minutes. They promised me delivery on 2 sofas in 4 weeks. I am now creeping up on my ninth week and delivery was supposed to be today at 5 pm. It is now 8 pm and no call...go figure! I cannot stress enough...save yourself the headache. I only wished I'd done my homework first!