Irvine Company / Ripped off after move out

I was staying in an apartment called " the village" in irvine CA and when i moved out i was handed a bill of almost thousand dollars because theey said that the carpet needed to be replaced. The carpet was in a very good condition when i had moved out and in no circumstance did it need to be replaced. When i asked them to show me pictures which showed the need to replace the entire carpet they were very very vague about it and were unble to produce any and threatened to spoil my credit if i did not pay. I was very disappointed with the whole process and just paid the money to avoid my credit spoiling. It is as if though we are at the mercy of the irvine companies.I hated paying that money especially when i had maintained the carpet in such an immaculate condition.

Ja

Comments

17th of Mar, 2012

I had the same problem! They ripped me off over the toilet and bathroom drainage. The fact was that they sucked at the moment we moved in. Nobody came to repair even upon several request. Really horrible experiences living there. Compared to living in Canyon Villiage in the valley, it is really horrible. I wouldn't move out CV if not for my job change, the Manager Rita there is super duper sweet. She took care of everything in the building, also helps out with your personal matters. I wish I could find a similar place in Irvine which has a great building manager like Rita!

• Ob
      28th of Mar, 2013

First of all I think its great that your bringing to the attention of all local citizens this obvious wrong doing. I also think that the city of Irvine is a great city to raise a family but at what cost ? If your unhappy with the attorney that you have may I suggest this website. hpps://ocapps.occourts.org go to the online civil cases type in the box business search the city of Irvine, you will see a plethora of cases listed. Choose a case then go to the top section of the page and click on the tab participants.
    It will show you each attorney or law firm that participated in the cases. The trick is go over the case summary to make sure your looking at simmular cases. In my opinion there is a double standard in this city. Your getting hassled for a parking issue yet one of my neighbor runs a auto repair business out of his garage without a business license. What's funny about this is the police, neighbors, even one of the neighbors who works for the fire department knows ! In my opinion Irvine needs to focus on keeping good people like yourself if what you say is correct. Speaking about interesting facts is Pyongyang the sister city to Irvine ? Irvine has the Great park North Korea had the Great leader, Irvine has a quite a few empty apartment buildings, Pyongyang has quite a few empty building Irvine has a mass media campaign on How wonderful and safe Irvine is including a 24/7 am radio commercial on am 1640 about an FBI report pitching the greatness of Irvine. In North Korea they brainwash citizens from birth on the greatness of their social progress and so on. But they key difference is we in Irvine are not forced to listen to anything that we don't want to and we can turn it off !

• Be
      11th of Jun, 2018

No one can fight against Irvine Company, because they are too big, and too rich, they bought all judges in Orange County, also the whole California. You can not show me even one lawsuit against Irvine Company that won a case in court of law, one nurse put all her saving in court of law to fight against Irvine Company and she was hoping to win the case !!! You must get ride of corruption in order to have a law suite against Irvine Company..

https:///link removed/

20th of Sep, 2018

Irvine Company sued its general contractors multiple times and did not make repairs prescribed by its own experts. They delay repairs until after a shrouded arbitration to inflate the numbers for a profit; meanwhile, mold causes illness and dry rot, weakened structures risk failure (especially if there is an earthquake).
    Irvine hides the defects with layers upon layers of paint. It's beauty is a facade. Villa Siena and Serrano are the worst to my knowledge. Irvine has a history of silencing people like me to protect their brand. They have so much money that governing agencies dare not touch them. LIVES are at risk. See my LinkedIN. I also have a lawsuit against them for retaliation.
    My complaint has all this information buried in the middle for some reason. Find the case and my linkedIN where I've been trying to get their attention for 11 months. [continued below

20th of Sep, 2018

They steal money from residents upon move out and when the lease is broken. At least that was true from 2013-2016. Contact to kjarecky@irvinecompany.com to find out if that's still happening.

Orange County Superior Court Case Number: 30-2018-00981498-CU-WT-CJC