Ironwood Communications / Rude installer / Mike #9182!

I received installation of a directv mount and receiver on march the 5th 2007. The installer called at 9 am to say he would arrive @1100am then did not arrive until almost noon. I then showed him where we had our old system which we removed so the new one could be placed there my husband also already had cable run through to the house and michael (the installer) #9182 said: well I wish you would have talked to me about that first because i need a cable with two connections. So he then took the cable out and threw it on the ground outside where he left. It we also already had an electrical box and a plate cover on it. I unscrewed and removed the cover and i unscrewed the box from the wall where my husband had it placed but i did not remove it. I left it for mike to do when he removed it he broke it so when the job was finished he couldn't put it back the way it was and he was very rude about the wiring and installation. He said this job would have been a lot faster and easier if you hadn't tried to help i thought that was inappropriate for him to say he also said that we should have left the old equipment outside, because he could have used it now why would we pay to rent equipment we already own? When he was hooking up the cable he looked behind the entertainment center where we have other equipment and other wires and he sighed and shook his head like he didn't want to waste his time working around all of our equipment which i thought was also inappropriate and then when he was finished he left the box hanging out because he couldn't figure out how to get it back in. He then said he would leave it for my husband to fix because he couldn't do it because we messed it up for him again inappropriate. I feel that he was rude and arrogant the entire time he was in my home and i should not have to be treated that way by a representative of a company. I am paying good money every month for television.Very poor service!!!

Sincerely,
Kristen Chafa

Comments

6th of Jun, 2007

Ironwood Communications was suppose to come out Saturday June 2 @ 8:00 a.m. and install my direct satellite dish. I called Friday evening to confirm the appointment when they notified me that they showed Friday morning while I was at work, I asked why they didn't call me ahead of time and the telephone number they had in the system was all wrong. So I reschedule the next earliest date, Tuesday June 5, @ 7:00 p.m. I wait until Tuesday @ 5:00 to call and confirm the appointment and they tell me that I was schedule for Tuesday June 12th, they couldn't even find my account because they still had the wrong telephone number in the system. What an incompetent bunch of slack-off losers.

• To
      17th of Jul, 2007

This company is horrible. Their dispatchers are incompetent and rude. They called me at and told me that they arrived at my house ten minutes ago and nobody answered the door. We were downstairs the whole time and nobody came. They yelled at me and said "Why aren't you at home?" I'm in customer service and no way in hell this is the way you treat your customers. Direct TV just lost a customer because of their contractors.

• Tr
      3rd of Sep, 2007
    Ironwood Communications - Poor service, undependable

I really wanted the NFL package, scheduled an installation with DirecTv who contracts out to Ironwood. The first try I was rescheduled three times and ended up just canceling the install. A few weeks later I signed up with Qwest, and again ordered DirecTV service. After two reschedules I actually got a living human being at my front door (he was almost an hour later). He walked out to my patio took one look with his signal tester, said there is nothing he can do for me and left. Now I was really angry, called Ironwood they said they would send a different technician on Monday (labor day) for a second opinion and install. Scheduled appt time of 8 - 12, at 1230 called Ironwood directly, technician decided not to show up to work, so I needed to be rescheduled again!!! I told them that either it happened that day or I was canceling yet again!! Spoke with supervisor who said there was no one to do the install. Canceled again!!!

• Ro
      8th of Oct, 2007

They are the biggest thieves i have ever met. They owe me as an installer 1500 dollars! my bills are behind and i need help! my family is suffering. The issue is because George Utah local payroll sup has stolen our money and will not answer phone calls! our business has gone under and us honest hard working people are in trouble. Direct tv Ironwood. You owe us. We are starving! We need to pay our bills and we worked for you!

15th of Oct, 2007

These guys have to be one of the worst in a continuing trend of horrible service. Incompetence and ignorance are their trademarks. Do yourselves a favor, just have DTV send you the box and install it yourself...

• Mi
      28th of Oct, 2007

Can you see through walls?? Do you know how long something is supposed to take you before you do it? Although I do not work for ironwood I know how they run their business, and if it wasn't for stupid people with dirty houses and junk piled up everywhere they would be able to do our job right the first time.

• Ro
      6th of Nov, 2007
    Ironwood Communications - Never showed up for the installation - disastrous customer service

Ironwood is a joke. I ordered Directv 3 weeks ago before moving in my new home. This is how it all went down...

11/2/07

Original installation scheduled for between 1 and 5 pm. At 4:55pm, they called me stating that they didn't have a receiver and couldn't install. Please reschedule. I called directv who patched in ironwood. Everyone is sorry sorry sorry. I state that this is unacceptable (5 minutes before they can't make and they call) and ask for re-installation. Note that I took the afternoon off to wait for the installation. They state that someone will be there between 8 am and 12 on Sunday.

11/4/07

No one shows up between 8 and 12. My wife spends 45 minutes on the phone trying to talk to someone and they claim they don't know why the installer didn't show up and that a supervisor will call back in 10 minutes. One hour later they call back and tell me that they don't know what has happened and that someone will call back AGAIN. No call back on Sunday night.

11/5/07

After being on hold for 45 minutes, I reach a supervisor named John who reviews the account, can't really explain anything, can't really defend the company and doesn't do much. He puts me on hold for 10 minutes and then explains that someone will be over in the afternoon. I leave work to go home and at 5 o'clock I am left with...that's right, nothing.

I call Directv and explain that there is no choice but to cancel the subscription. This is unacceptable. Again, nothing but apologies from Directv. The woman at Directv gives me the number for ironwood. I call them and they tell me they now have 2 customer systems and can I call them back on the same line and press 3 instead of 2 to get to the other system. What!?! I call back and get to someone who reads my account and says "Sir - are you aware that this account was cancelled?". I begin to explain to no avail.

In the end, Directv lost a customer because of their subcontractors and they didn't really seem to care about it. Ironwood didn't really seem to care about anything....I talked to 4 different people at the company and no one could tell me what was going on.

• Ad
      8th of Nov, 2007

First of all I have been in this business for around eight years now... As techs, we get to our offices at 6:00 in the morning and join the rat race of getting our route, dealing with issues and getting our equipment assigned out to us for the day. Hopefully we get out into the field before and at our 1st house at 8 am... when I say first house, this means first of between 4-6 jobs a day. People are told of their time frames and such... so freaking be ready for them and clean your house... I hate showing up at 8 am and no answer at the door with two cars in the driveway... after ringing, knocking and making the several calls to the customers home phone they finally get their a$$'s out of bed to answer the door... If only the general public had to deal with s[censored] us satellite installers had to deal with. I agree with M Chaves a hundred percent. If you dont own your house, dont expect us to drill holes or even think about installing a system without something in writing from the landlord... you dont like this policy, then buy a house and stop renting. Another thing that is annoying as hell is when customers ask you to move furniture....there is a good reason that we dont do this... if we break it, we have to replace it... we are satellite installers not moving services... We make a living doing this just like everyone else out there in this world. We are in this to make money not lose money and time is money. Most people have no idea what a free standard professional installation includes... it includes going through the floor or going through the exterior of the house. If you want it fished through the wall from the attic, then expect to pay for it... time is money and this sometimes can take a lot of time... Why would people complain about paying, when its their house. Its a long term investment and its not like when they cancel their service, we are going to come and yank the cable out of the wall. So bottom line have your furniture moved out at least three feet from the wall so we can get access and make this process quicker... and please people with dogs, please lock them up while we are there and please clean their droppings up in the yards.. there is nothing more nasty then stepping someone's dog ###. If you dont like the service that you received please call the local offices and scream until you get a manager.. and maybe you should think about doing satellite installs if you think that you can make a difference... It takes a special kind of person to do satellite installs, one who can go under house, above houses, on roofs and be able to put up with as much b/s as we do. To those of us out there who do this line of work in a professional manner, Much love and props to you... the rest of the piece of [censored] installers!

10th of Nov, 2007
    Ironwood Communications - Poorest quality service call ever!

Ironwood is the outsourced repair arm of DirecTV. On October 19th, Kai, a serviceman from Ironwood trashed my home by leaving 5 separate messes he made. He borrowed my ladder and left it the last place he used it. He left his powerdrill on a 1960's Grundig stereo. He installed a new dish on the roof without removing the old one and I mean he installed a new dish, left the old bracket attached to the roof, and then left the old dish on my roof instead of removing the trash! Ironwood took 19 days to respond to my complaint. They are ###, DirecTV is ###.

16th of Nov, 2007

Why dont you PAY to have your system installed. That's the way it's supposed to be. A typical simple satellite cost from $200 to $300 dollars.

Look at what else you can get for Free; a cup of water, a book of matches, a plastic decoder ring... . What kind of logic are you using to take time off of work for something that's "free" so you can watch TV>? (It's not even "free" because they take it out of your bill for the 18 month commitment)

Them kids at Ironwood are a bunch of idiots that watched the install video, got a nice company shirt, and a nice Ironwood truck then get routed an impossible 8 job day, basically making nothing for it.

A satellite dish is not rabbit ears, buddy. You want the state of art in TV watching. If you want a quality system, contact a tech from Hughs Net or WIldBlue to install your outdoor unit and the cable run, and an electrician to ground it... the more it's worth it to you, the more exactly you can expect them to show up.

5th of Dec, 2007

its not like that easy.we do training and we do have inspectors checking over us all the dam time.and no it don't take a dam know it all to do a install..just brains.every job has a loser but it doesn not mean the whole place.

• Da
      24th of Dec, 2007

I had a appointment for between 8-12, Dec. 24th, 2007, Ironwood called at 11:00 to let me that the tech had called in sick and that they may be able to install on Saturday, maybe. I called DIRECTV to complain, the DIRECTV consultant attempted to help, but the Ironwood operator acted like she could care less, even the DIRECTV consultant was suprised about her attitude. The operator for Ironwoods said she would call the local supervisor and have him call me immediatly. A few hours later I am still waiting for a call, I have called DirecTV several times to file complaint, but I believe the complaints are falling on deaf ears. Directv needs to find another sub contractors.

• Ri
      26th of Dec, 2007

I upgraded my service to hd on Dec 17.The installer put the dish up in a manner that interfered with our Internet dish(though we didn't know it until the next day)After removing the old dish,he then through it out into the yard and left it there.He left the receiver package and old receiver lying in the middle of the floor.A new appointment was made Dec 20 for the next 24hrs.,then the next 48hrs.Now it's 26th of Dec.with no dish,therefor no broadcast tv.The Ironwood website is not connecting today so I am unable to check on an appointment.

• Ge
      28th of Dec, 2007
    Ironwood Communications - Not showing up to appointments!
    Ironwood Communications
    San Dimas
    California

After two attempts and 2 days of waiting for an installer. They never even had the courtesy of calling to informs us they would not be showing up. As a result, we canceled the order for two systems from Direct TV and will use another competitor.

• Lo
      28th of Dec, 2007
    Ironwood Communications - Improper installation!
    Ironwood Communications
    City of Industry
    California
    Phone: (626) 691-8625
    www.Directtv.com

This company is absolutely a nightmare and needs to be dropped by Direct Tv as one of there installers. First time they came out the installer did a horrible job. They did not install my system properly. I got Direct Tv for my husband as a Christmas present. The Quality Check Supervisor came out and took pictures of the horrible mess they left and we also took pictures for filing a lawsuit if we decide too. We did not sign the service work order when the installer came out. Their customer service department is notrotious! They put you on hold and then don't call back. The original installation took place on Dec. 19th and it took till the 28th for a supervisor to personally call me back after many hours of calling and complaining and back and forth between them and Direct Tv. Just a mess. They said they would come out and reinstall the equipment by fixing the mess but we will see.

1st of Jan, 2008

Moved Nov 23rd. Called the DTV moving number for install. Yold Dec 31st was the closest appointment. OK we were home. We waited between noon and 4pm. By 2pm we called Ironwood. Five calls later I got a rep on the phone. She stated "you are scheduled for today". Then she stated she would called the tech. Now I was told that no install for today. Next available install date if February 11th!

One must be kidding me. I was there ready but no one shows and I must wait another 42 days for an install! Total down time is 73+ days without service!

DTV was very helpful, but they could not get anything in a closer install date.

So I am asking DTV to let me out of the agreement as they cannot provide the service. OR Send me the dish and I will install myself.

This is certainly the worst company( IRONWOOD COMMUNICATIONS) I have ever dealt with in my entire life.

If you are thinking of satelite TV go DISH!

• Me
      1st of Jan, 2008

Ironwood Communications should not even be contracted by DTV! Why, after all of these postings doesn't DirectTV get another contractor!!?? I scheduled to have my serviced moved 3 weeks in advance so I could have service the day we moved in. Well... Ironwood never showed up or even called. I was told the line about how they have a new system and she couldn't access my order so I had to call back and push number 3! Then once they found my order, the tech or supervisor could not be reached. So I sat here for 7 hours waiting waiting for NOTHING! I have better things to be doing than waiting for 7 hours! Atleast a phone call would have been nice! I am the customer here. We pay good money for our cable service and this is how we the customer is treated!? I was told I have to reschedule. The earliest reschedule date is 3 days from the original date. A week without tv in my house is not my idea of fun! I don't get refunded for a quarter of the months charge for not having service! I am so tempted to just go back to our local cable company. Maybe they would take better care of their customers!

• C
      2nd of Jan, 2008

I agree this company is HORRIBLE. I don't give a rat$$ a$$ about you installers complaining about us. HOW DARE YOU. We are given appointments for which you people may or MAY NOT show up. Or when you do -- you "claim' not to have the right equipment and then you split leaving us to have to make yet another appointment and give up another half of a day. You tell us you'll be here between certain hours for which you may or may not be on time (if you come at all). I had an installer come over and claim I needed a certain bracket, so he split. I made another appt which NOBODY showed up at all. I waited another week and gave up another half of a day waiting (this was my third appt). The installer never even read his service order that specifically said to bring a special bracket. What kind of ### doesn't read his service order instructions before leaving the office??? Then he tells us the first guy was wrong and we don't even need that special bracket-- so WHY did it take me staying home on three separate occassions to find this out. ARGH. Then this third installer didn't even finish the job before he left. He claimed it was all done, but the minute he left we found our tv had NO SOUND and the remote didn't work. The receiver he relocated to the bedroom didn't work either. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with directv who decides to transfer me back to Ironwood. They acted real sorry and said someone would call me back-- well that was TWO days ago and as far as they know I have NO TV. Turns out my husband was able to fix the mess. The "installer" didn't put in the hdmi cable, and he had an audio input going to a video output. He also had the wires crossed on the bedroom receiver. what kind of BS is this??? Installers-- you have no right to take out your frustrations on us. We are paying customers. If you don't like your jobs-- don't make us suffer. Go get another job. I cannot believe how unprofessional you and your company are. Shame on you. I am a business person and for me to wait home on THREE separate days to get this system installed in unacceptable. Who pays me for my time?????? Ironwood ought to be ashamed of itself as should directv for using these jerks. (as for the professional installers out there-- if you are really out there -- I'm sorry the rest of the idiots are giving you a bad name-- but I've had NOTHING but problems with this installation, so I wish I could be more supportive......I'm angry and frustrated and feel powerless. I just have to take whatever crap is dealt to me. I can't get anybody to listen, care or call me back.) UGH.

• Ka
      2nd of Jan, 2008

This company is absolutely HORRIBLE. On Oct. 27, 2007 we moved into our new house and had our new equipment installed. The night before we had just put together a brand new, expensive entertainment credenza. They guy that came in to do our install scratched the hell out of our furniture and ruined it. We put in a complaint to Directv who then turned it over to Ironwood Communications. Ironwood Communications sent us a letter stating that we will give you the full amuont that you paid for the furniture in return for the piece. We feel that this is totally unacceptable. Our property was damaged and this piece was a one of a kind. How can they expect us to give them our furniture in exchange for the money. This NEVER would have happened if the installer was more careful. They have no respect for anyones property or personal belongings. My husband does installs of a similar kind and has stated over and over again that the installer was very careless and irresponsible. They should have had enough common sense to be extremly careful with handling customers property. We are still going round and round with Directv regarding this. We do not feel that it is proper for them to come in and damage our property and then try to buy us off by taking what we worked hard to purchase. None of this makes sense to us. This company is HORRIBLE, DISRESPECTFUL, and CARELESS.
    We will get the outcome that we deserve. There is no excuse for companies to treat people the way we have been treated, and to be so careless in someones home. Ironwood Communications should be ashamed of themselves and should take responsibility for their actions and give people a little more respect than what they have or have not shown us.

• Ka
      3rd of Jan, 2008

12/26 no TV, called, first available 12/31 - between 4 -. 8 pm I called to see if they could come earlier. . . they said they would call. 5p.m. I called only to find out they cancelled my appointment, as they said I called and said I was leaving town. . lie!!! I was on the phone with Direct TV and Ironwood from 5:00 until almost 7:30, explaining and waiting to talk to a supervisor. I was told by DirecTv that Ironwood would call me tomorrow 1/1/08!

Surprise. . .no call So, I got on the phone again.. blah, blah, blah blah. It's like a recording. Another 2 hours wasted on the phone! 1/2 /08 spent time on the phone talked to two supervisors and still no Tv. 1/3 /08 talked to Direct TV supv. this am and was assured that the supervisor for the company here would call. Well, the only call I got was a confirmation of my appointment for next Monday 1/7/08 4 - 8??? Got on the phone and spent another 45 minutes only to told that they would call me back. . . 8:00 p.m. no call yet!

They do not know what customer service is, or that without customers, they would have no business!
    This customer will be a non customer SOON!