IRL Of Atlanta / scam attempt

I was contacted by IRL of Atlanta, promising me free magazine subscriptions, a gold watch, and entrance into some sort of sweepstakes. They tried fishing for my credit card number, then by checking account number, and when I told them that I would rather pay by mail (which they couldn't accept), and that I wouldn't be offering those numbers over the phone, they quickly hung up.

Al

Comments

• Mi
      14th of Feb, 2009

if they are legit, they will give you mailing addrss and all info you need and will take MO or check.

• Pr
      28th of Mar, 2009

Hahahaa. I worked for them. For four days. It was the worst job on Earth. It is a scam. Telemarketing is a ### business. BUT I got paid $9/hr. Great pay. ### people. Lots of ###.

• Ca
      20th of May, 2009
    IRL Of Atlanta - Scammed
    IRL of Atlanta
    Georgia
    Phone: 8002575722

The called my wife and told her that she was purchasing magazine subscriptions for $20 / 6 months. They have charged us 90 over 3 months, and are trying to get 44 more out of us. They lied over the phone, and should be shut down immediately.

• Ls
      8th of Sep, 2009

I worked for them for a total of 12 hours and was so insulted that they were lying to people. ONe of the girls who was monitering the floor said nobody was gonna win anything. They are shady to say the least and I cant believe they are still in business!!!

30th of Mar, 2010

I was dumb enough to give them my card number! They have taken over $120 out of my bank account with $60 of that being after I told them I wanted to cancel. I have had to now cancel my check card and submit fraud charge sheet with my bank to retrieve the funds. They said "You WILL get your money back!" I just can not believe that I was stupid enough to fall for this! Never again!

19th of Oct, 2010

I fell for the same thing. They tried to hit my credit card for 2, 197.00. I told them cancel my order. The magazines have stopped. But they call my house 5 to 12 times a day.. What can I do to stop this.

28th of Oct, 2010

Yes i currently work for Irl Of Atlanta I have a child i have to feed which is the only reason i work with them the people there are so pushy its a good paying job but honestly its all just [censor] if i was anyone i would hang up the phone as soon as i heard IRL or Atlanta its all [censor]!! and i would be more then glad to offer and info to sue the hell out of them!!! ripping people off its sad!!!

2nd of Nov, 2010

I am getting ready to file a class action lawsuit against IRL of Alanta. I am back to getting 4 phone calls per day. I just don't have an address. If anyone else would like to jump on board. please reply here. Thanks

2nd of Nov, 2010
    IRL Of Atlanta - Harrassment
    IRL of Atlanta
    Atlanta
    Georgia

I got sucked into purchasing magazines from this company. First they started sending me magazines that I did not want. I tried for two weeks to call these people on the phone. I could never get an answer and the place didn't even have an answering machine. I wanted to stop the magazines so I called my credit card company and they proceded to tell me that this IRL company had tried to hit my credit card for over $2, 000.00. I cancelled my card and waited to hear from IRL. They did finally call on the phone and I told them to cancel my magazines. I explained I didn't want there service. They proceded to tell me too bad. I told them that I cancelled my card because of the money they tried to charge on it. They said it was a clerical mistake. They call me at least 5 to 13 times a day. How do I make them stop?

• Ba
      29th of Apr, 2011

Tell them you want to be on the National Do Not Call List. It takes around 30 days for your number to go active on that list, but they are legally required to add you too it. This will keep you from being harassed by other telemarketers as well. All these companies share the same large NDNCL thats run by some branch of the government. Each and every telemarketer is legally obligated to add your number to that NDNCL if you specifically say it, if they do not their company can face some steep fines. Though please do keep in mind, telemarketers can be irritating they are just people trying to make a living, and while for you its an annoyance, they are stuck doing their jobs till they can find something better. You will also have better luck getting your numbers off their lists and out of there system completely if you are nice to them. Good luck!

29th of Apr, 2011

Thank you for you message. I am on the list however. They finally have stopped calling but now they have an attorney supposedly calling. I have never recieved any formal letter from an attorney. This people are very good scam artists.

25th of Jun, 2011

They have tried the same thing with me..

• Me
      14th of Oct, 2013

They already overcharge my credit card for 3 months and I can't find a phone number to stop the charges.