IRepairSquad / They stole my PS3, put me through hell.

1 4200 E. Washington St.Peoria, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-476-3349

irepairsquad...did they mean irepairsquat??? This is absolutely the worst experience I have ever had with any company.

First off, my PS3 stops playing disks right. I still have the original receipt and it's still under warranty from sony but that process takes 4 to 6 weeks. So I opted for this company ireapairsquad that advertises 24 hour turn around. Don't be fooled, this company appears completely legitimate and professional from their web site. This is a mask and the devil awaits underneath.

I sent them my PS3 and 4 weeks later I still haven't heard anything. I have called their 1-888 # several times and at one point waited over 5 hours for somebody to answer. At first your caller #8, then 3.5 hours later your caller #1. Then after about an hour of that you realize, Hey nobody is answering the phones, the only reason why I'm going down in numbers is because the people in front of me are hanging up...lol. I'm so sorry if this sounds all too funny and sad at the same time, it's just that I am so frustrated with this outfit that I can do nothing but laugh now.

They have a online technical support option. But forget that because nobody is ever online. And they have an automated e-mail support option. But forget that because they don't answer or even possibly read their e-mails...5 sent, 0 replies.

Please, if your thinking about doing buissness with this company...DON'T. Hopefully your not like me and you've already done buissness with them and the only reason why you found this is because your upset.

Jimmy
porterville, California
U.S.A.

Comments

12th of Nov, 2008

I bought an Xbox 360 Elite, $470 with shipping and all, I can't even describe the cruel and awful things that this company is doing from letting me get my money back. I havent had an Xbox in over 4 months and I think I'm just going to have to buy a new one... I agree 100% with your article haha

• Mi
      24th of Nov, 2008

hahaha well funny you say that about the ps3. My favorite experience was when an irepair tech was trying to explain to me how lasers go bad because the cd in the drive gets so hot that it melts the cd and plastic drips onto the laster LOL... omg

I wanted to check to see how irepair is doing. How about instead of listing specific cases... let's look into events that lead to a system with terrible service. I really wish I could give specifics, but legally I can't.

Irepairsquad.com ownership became a very dysfunctional group of people, but the egocentric views angered me the most. In the end it boils down to the fact that the majority of the management there isn't competent and they WILL NOT accept anyone's opinion. When entering an argument managers will have already made up their mind prior to the argument (even if you show them concrete proof that they're wrong they will blow it off).

The overall lack of communication and lack of documentation really hurt the company. This is what lead to the horrible protocols and the decisions that make absolutely no sense. Now this company punishes by firing, so DONT QUESTION AUTHORITY >:[! haha or you'll get canned no questions or warning.

Termination for me was rather interesting, but unexpectedly when I was fired(for absolutely no reason). I wasn't sad to leave, stressed I had no job, but I was so relieved. I nearly skipped out of the office.. when I was in the car i literally yelled "I AM DONE WITH THEM!!!" I can't explain the elation hahaha

7th of Jan, 2009
    IRepairSquad - Terrible experience
    IRepairSquad
    irepairsquad.com

To start with they advertise that they can diagnose the problem with your device in 24 hours. They then offer you a price on the repair and give you the option to pay for and receive the repair or to decline it.

So 20 days after they receive the device they give me the diagnoses. Then they want twice as much money as other places to fix the problem and warranty their service.

So I pay for the service but they do not fix it for a few days and I ask why, they say that when I paid i didn't complete they payment by returning to there web site after paypal. But they already had the money. So after another day of talks they put the money back in my account and told me to pay again.

I had enough so I paid $20 for them to ship it back overnight. They shipped it ground. And when i sent it to be exchanged they said that it was to badly damaged to be exchanged. That means irepairsquad started to fix it before the payment was complete or just tore it up on purpose.

• Te
      6th of Apr, 2010

I bought an ipod with over night shipping. It took 2 weeks to get it. They said they sent it with overnight shipping. It turned out that they did but they waited two weeks after the order was processed to actually send it. The item was in stock so there was no reason for them to take that long to send it. They refused to refund my money even though my request was within there return policy. These people all belong in prison. Finishing up law shcool in less than a year an I hope to put them all there.

• Pi
      9th of Sep, 2010

I sent my xbox 360 sent into them last summer and paid $120 for them to "replace" my disk drive. I got it back the first time reasonably quickly, with a note in it that had a checklist that started with cleaning and had a few other things on it. They had checked off the cleaning part, and then put an OK by the testing thing and marked through the rest of the sheet, leading me to believe all they did was clean it. I was upset about it but didn't complain because it worked again. Needless to say 2 weeks later, it stopped working again and I complained. They made me pay to ship it back to them, and about a month later I called again wondering where my Xbox was, but nobody seemed to have any answers. I got a call a few days later from them, asking for my credit card number to pay an extra $30 or $50 to ship it back to me. I argued and complained but figured there was nothing I could do, so I gave it to them. Then another person comes on the line and says that I have been tampering with the machine and they are going to charge me like $570 and keep the Xbox to "cut their losses." Obviously I flipped [censored] on them and they threatened to get "legal" involved. I took them up on their challenge, as my good friend is a lawyer who would love to help me out for free on this case. After a few more levels of speaking with the supervisor, they agreed not to charge me and just to keep the Xbox and again said they would "cut their losses." I proceeded to say you mean cut my losses, and the guy told me to watch it or legal would be contacting me. I told him to [censored] off and hung up, and that's the last I heard from them.

So in short, I would never do any business with them.