IRepair Squad / Don't deliver what is promised!

DO not use IrepairSquad. They completely ignored what I told them the MP3 was doing and charged me over $50 to replace a $5 battery, which didn't fix the problem, causing me to return it with the original complaint, where they charged me for another repair--prepay, and dropped off the face of the earth for several months ignoring my calls and emails. Trying a different department I got someone live and they told me they can't get the part I needed to repair my player, so I requested a refund in full of both repairs plus my broken player back. I got my player back in days, missing the battery!--they STOLE the new battery!! So the next repair guy couldn't check it out. I then had to phone, fax and email daily for a month to get a rep to promise to process my refund and send me a used battery. I waited, and nothing came. So I decided to daily call, fax and email and told them I wasn't going away, that in fact in March I would be in their area visiting family and would come and see them daily, maybe go to small claims court and ask for MORE charges to be paid, IF I didn't receive my refund and battery before I left. My refund arrived yesterday but NO BATTERY. So I have a broken Zune no one can check out until I have a battery put in and have had since August of 2008 of grief with Irepairsquad promising me repairs and then the refund. It took them TWO months from the first promise of refund to the arrival of the refund and for me to make them my project to get my refund in hand. Is the check any good? I won't know for 10 days. They have terrible communication skills. But they do take your money fast and with ease. They don't tell you that you may wait months for your repair. Don't use an online repair site for anything unless its manufacturer warranty! I am confident, that IF I had NOT made their lives miserable on a daily basis the last month, I would not have my refund in hand.

To

Comments

• Gc
      24th of Jul, 2009

WARNING - This Company is a scam. I purchased an XBox 360 from irepair squad and paid extra for an extended warranty this past June. First, the AV HD component cable would not switch between standard TV and HDTV. I thought no big deal I can buy a new one for $20, but in less than two weeks from receiving game console it stopped working with the three red rings. I finally received a shipping label to send back and was informed that I voided the warranty because the warranty seal was broke. My first response is why would I try to fix or tamper with it since I paid extra money for the extended warranty and second, how could I prove this was not the case. Then I realized this is a scam. They sell you consoles that don't work and then they don't honor warranties. Buyers beware...do not purchase an XBox 360 from irepair squad.