Ira Wood and Sons / poor service / cancellation fees

1 3021 Harbor RdOwensboro, KY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 270.852.1828

I ordered a set of towel bars, tissue holder, and robe hook, plus one kitchen sink basket, on January 1. All items were listed as "usually ships the same or next business day" and my credit card was immediately charged. After a month of trying to learn why the items hadn't shipped and of being told only that I would be advised re: shipment once they heard from the manufacturer, I located the products elsewhere and emailed Ira Wood that I would like to cancel the order.

After two days of trying to confirm that the order had been cancelled, I received an email that all items but one had been received and could be shipped within 48 hours. I still wanted to cancel because I was so disgusted by the transaction but I was told a 15% cancellation fee would be deducted from my refund. Not wanting to lose $35, I said ok to the shipment. Now, however, I'm being told that nothing will be shipped until the final backorder arrives, possibly by the end of the month. They've had my money since January 2 and I have nothing! Why they would want to treat a customer who has spent nearly $3000 with them during the previous six months like this is beyond me. I can promise, however, that they'll never get another penny.

Comments

Pe
  13th of Feb, 2009
Ira Wood and Sons - failure to deliver product or give refund
Ira Wood and Sons
Kentucky

I ordered a stainless sink from them. They have failed to deliver the sink and refused to issue a refund. The "service department" sent me to sales. Sales said they would call the manufacturer and send me an e-mail. They sent a form interim complaint e-mail and the link back to the company's site says the complaint and or customer do not exist. They will not return my calls or e-mail. They say they have no obligation to deliver the product that is up to the manufacturer and they will not issue a refund. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Ir
  20th of Feb, 2009

Ira Wood & Sons, Inc. goal is continued customer satisfaction as has been the case of over 90 years.

Please feel free to contact us by phone, email, or case and we will be sure to resolve any issues in the most professional manner.

Ir
  20th of Feb, 2009

Ira Wood & Sons, Inc. is committed to providing the best customer service possible.

23rd of Feb, 2009

update IRA Woods after a week of silence and non-response to my e-mails and phone calls finally responded after my complaint posting. They now claim the mass produced commonly available sink I ordered (even available at Home Depot) was out of stock and is expected to ship to them on 4 March and then they will ship to me. That probably means probably 50 days from order to receipt. Again< they do not allow order cancellation even in cases of extreme delay. I will post further on whether or not they stick to the new schedule. Peter DeFazio

24th of Jan, 2010

I ordered a towel rail on December 5th. It said "Usually ships in 2 to3 days". When there was no sign of it on December 14th, I contacted them by e-mail. They said "Oh it's back ordered until mid January." I was angry as it was to be a Christmas gift. However, I wanted the towel rail, so have been waiting patiently. By January 20th, having received no word about my towel rail, I phoned 5 times, no-one answered, but I left a message each time requesting a call back. I also e-mailed 8 times. No-one has called or e-mailed. My credit card has been charged $588.20. I am at a loss what to do, aprt from seeking legal advice. Can you help me?

Bl
  26th of Jan, 2011

Is there a class action lawsuit against these guys yet?

Wa
  9th of Apr, 2011

Warning- Warning
After working in the trade for several year- having respectability and knowledge I have to say that dealing with irawoods was a surprise- and mostly not a pleasant one. The movement from local retailers to internet was not only a great way to save money but time.
My main experience with irawoods occurred lately when a good size order for a client's bathroom renovation was placed. While they fairly priced all items for the most part- competitively and even offered a slight further discount being in the trade- I found the entire experience bitter- sweet. Sweet when placing orders- getting pricing and bitter with regards to follow-up, getting information about the items not shipped and way past due, sweet in regards to what appears to be a solid company and bitter in regards to what appears to be accompany doomed for failure if this continues.
Months of calls, emails, near tears- begging- bothering and frustration.-how is the healthy and dependable- It is not. I now have 7 pages of emails, uncountable calls to prove the fact that the updates are not given- money taken and the good customer service that they boost about not existent. If you are able to deal with the pressure of not getting items within weeks of your original due date, mot knowing when and if you will ever get your items, spending time on trying to get credit for items that arrive damage- or canceled form weeks of delay-- than go ahead.
If irawoods goal is great customer satisfaction for over 90 years- than something is very dysfunctional here- I have not figured out where the problems stem from- the owners- the cash flow- the staff, but I can tell you that the few dollars you may save with them are
Just not worth it. Try Home Perfect, Faucet Direct, Décor Glamour but do not trust that your situation will be any different than the many complaints files on line about this company.

Ho
  22nd of Jun, 2011
Ira Wood and Sons - VERY BAD COMPANY
IRA WOOD AND SONS
Kentucky

VERY VERY BAD SERVICE COMPANY LEGACY SAY SCREW AMERICAN PEOPLE WITH SENDING THEM WRONG PROUDCT AND BILL THEM. HAD ORDER MICROWAVE TRIM KIT WHAT WAS PROMISE ON PHONE IS COMPLETE WRONG, NOW THEY SAY IT'S CLOSE OUT ITEM AND CAN'T REFUND MY MONEY, I HAVE ALREADY DENIED TO ACCEPT FEDEX PACKAGE, HAVE RETUN THE MERCHANDISE, BUT THEY WOULD NOT GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK

VERY UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTIVE AND ITS HISTROY GOES WITH ITS NAME MR. WOOD WAS CRIMINAL WHO HAVE THUGS LOTS OF PEOPLE MONEY WITH WRONG BUINESS PRACTICE. WONDER WHY OBAMA DON'T DO ANY THING OF THIS THUGS RUNNING NASTY BUSINESS.

WILL NEVER RECOMMENDED ANY PRODUCT FROM THIS THUG BUINESS, YOU WILL BE STUCK WITH PROUDCUT AND WOULD LOSE ALL YOUR SAVING . THEY ARE THEIF WHO STEAL PEOPLE IDENTITIY.

VERY SAD FOR SUCH AN LOW GRADE BUINESS TO BE STILL ALIVE.

Re
  23rd of Jun, 2011

the mooselims are coming!! the mosselims are coming!!