iqderma.com / Bad business practice

Tricked me into a free sample - I gave them my credit card to charge me $3.95 for shipping. Received the product (full size and the sample meant using it for 30 days and it wasn't just one product, it was two. The paperwork that came with the product stated that if I didn't return it within 30 days they would charge my card $95.00 and send me more automatically in 30 days. It costs me another $8.00 to send it back and I'm sick that they have my credit card number. I feel like crooks have my visa number! The only reason I fell for this is because it was on the front page of a reputable national news website... I have learned another lesson!

Va

Comments

• Da
      20th of Aug, 2008

I too have been scammed by this offer. Ordered for wife to try. She was not crazy about this. In fact Neutrogena sells the same stuff.

• Ba
      26th of Aug, 2008

I also paid 3.95 for a "free sample" . today, I see from my bank statement that I have an order pending from these people for 104.35. this is ridiculous!!! How do these crooks get away with this kind of rip-off. They had sent me emails to order more but I just erased them and ignored them. Now they're just assuming that I want to order more? I'm calling my bank tomorrow to get this cancelled before they get my money. Please people, don't place any orders with this company.

3rd of Sep, 2008

The exact same thing happend to me. I gave them my credit card number to cover shipping for a free sample. After that they sent me frequent e mails telling me I had a $15 gift certificate to use. A resonable person(such as me) would not have realized that they were signed up to be billed almost $100 every 3 months to receive 2 small bottles of cream. Beware !

• Le
      9th of Sep, 2008

I also was surprised when the samples arrived together with notification that I would be sent another month's supply at the end of my 30 day trial and my credit card would be charged. I went back and carefully read the ad to which I had responded and there was no indication that it would be an ongoing transaction. I did pick up on this careful reading that return shipping was my responsibility. I am going to try the samples and unless there is the same incredible "before" and "after" results, I shall return them and if my credit card is charged I shall dispute it and not pay it.

• Vi
      22nd of Sep, 2008

The exact thing happened to me, I never knew when I ordered the product I would be billed for another shipment, even tried to contact them telling them I did not want it, not to charge any further products to me or ship any other products, they still charged me for 96.35 after I canceled my account with them and tried to remove my credit card from their web site! I am appauled and wish I had never tried their product!

• Li
      30th of Sep, 2008

I tried the free trial offer, called and cancelled and sent them back. My account was still charged, they claimed they never recieved the prouct. The were willing to give store credit but not my money back. I will be disputing the charges. Save yourself the trouble go to your local pharmacy and by nuetrogena its the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if they were just repacking nuetrogena's products!!!

• Br
      15th of Nov, 2008

my acccount was charged with $96.35 for products i did not order i do not want this product so stay the hell out of my account and put my money back.

29th of Nov, 2008

I too agreed to a free trial and was sent the full size product and was billed $104.35. I called and cancelled membership and today I received another shipment. I will notify the Better Business Bureau and whomever else I can regarding this company.

• Je
      28th of Feb, 2009

im sorry but doesn't anyone read the terms and conditions? the directions are very clear on the first paragraph lol. before u even make the purchase, you have to check off where it asks you if you've read the terms and conditions and the privacy policy. and you can't make a purchase UNTIL you've checked it off. it clearly states that you'll be billed monthly unless you cancel and return the free trial product within the 30 days. now, if they claim to not have received their product back, then yeah, dispute the charges and do what you have to do. but you can't win a case because you didn't know that you would be billed monthly. afterall, you electronically signed that you knew that you'd be billed monthly... (sigh) Good luck everyone!