IQ Data Internationalidentity fraud, extortion

1 Review updated:

i recently applied for a home mortgage when i learned that IQ data international turned me in to all 3 credit beauros for non payment of $5370 to wood hollow apts in san antonio, tx.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Amarillo, TXAlthough i've never received a letter or phone call from anyone, I explained to the company that i've never lived there and they have the wrong person. IQ told me i needed to prove to them that it wasn't me, so i did though fax. I was then told by them that I was out of luck, and there was nothing they could do about it. After filing a police report, i learned there were 2 people with my exact name living in san antonio. I want this company put out of business.

Comments

• Sn
      Jul 11, 2009

You can sue them for up to $1000 for every incidence that they reported false and inaccurate information to the credit bureaus, which means you should be able to sue them for $1, 000 for each report to Transunion, Experian, Equifax. I would talk to a lawyer, because depending on the state you live, you may also be able to recover damages and attorney fees.

• Ho
      Feb 26, 2011

Immediatley call the BBB attorney generals office file complaints the more complaints filed the better chances of a class action suit against them.

• Kn
      Jul 13, 2012

THIS COMPANY IS FRAUD!!! THEY ARE NOT EVEN LICENSED IN THE U.S TO COLLECT DEBT!!! THEY ARE SAYING I OWE 2700 FROM DAMAGES TO AN APARTMENT I HELP CO SIGN FOR A FRIEND AND THEY CAN'T EVEN PROVIDE ME PROOF OF THIS DEBT!!! NO RECEIPTS, NO PICTURES OF THE DAMAGES!!! I SPOKE TO A UNPROFESSIONAL PERSON NAMED DOUG JONES EXT 1304.. WE WENT AT IT!! I ALREADY HAD DISPUTED THIS 8 MONTHS AGO AND IT WAS DROPPED FROM THE CREDIT BUREAU CAUSE THEY HAD NO PROOF OR THEY JUST NEVER RESPONDED!! NOW I JUST GOT A PHONE CALL SAYING THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION!! I SAID GO AHEAD, ILL JUST FILE A COMPLAINT TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!! HOW THE HELL ARE THEY TRYING TO CHARGE ME AND DAMAGE MY CREDIT WHEN THEY DONT SHOW PROOF OF THE DEBT!! MAKES NO SENSE!! WHEN I ASKED "DOUG" MAIL ME RECEIPTS AND PICTURES HE RESPONDED "WE DON'T HAVE TO"... I SIMPLY RESPONDED "THEN GO [censored] YOURSEL[censored]" HUNG UP!! PLEASE PEOPLE, GO TO THE BBB WEBSITE AND FILE A COMPLAINT AGAINST THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY!!! BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!!! THEY ARE VIOLATING THE FAIR DEBT COLLECTORS ACT!!!