Iprimus Telecommunication Pty Ltd / Unnecessary billing

1 2 Tweed Street, VERMONTMelbourne, Victoria, Australia Review updated:
Phone: 0413970179

Iprimus was advised disconnections of Telephone and internet in December 3rd week ( do not remember date exactly). Moved my hose on 20th dec'08 and phone and all related services was advised to be disconnected from 20th Dec'08 onwards but I still receive bill for the month of Jan'09. When I called them to find out bills then I was advised that only phone line was disconnected and Internet was not disconnected.
Well, when I called to disconnect my all services with Iprimus that includes Telephone and Internet but why Internet was not disconnected is not my problem.
And How can it possible to use Internet without Telephone services. Infact Internet was disconnected before 16th Dec'08 and I called to find out on 18 th Dec that Internet is not working and I was told that it has been disconnected. Since we were moving 2 days later i.e on 20th Dec'08 I did not advise to reconnect Internet but It surprised me when I received bill for Internet service for the month of Jan'09.

I am lodging complain for sending unnecessary billing due to their staffing problem who made mistake of not disconnecting Internet and only disconnected Phone services.

Comments

• Ip
      13th of Mar, 2009

A staff from iprimus rang me and gave me the spill on how much cheaper and how much faster it their wireless is, compared with adsl.
    I was told that there is a no-charge cooling off period of 10 days if I was not happy with the wireless service. Sounded too good, so I decided to give it a go.
    I was told that I should also at some point cancel my adsl so I don't get charged for both services.
    So I cancel my adsl straight away, fearing the double charges.
    The wireless arrived promptly. But After 2 days of the wireless service getting disconnected every 20 minutes, I decided to cancel my wireless and go back to adsl.
    I was then told be the iprimus mob that there is a $90 adsl reconnection fee! No one told me about that! In disgust, I ask to cancel all my iprimus services, the guy transfered me to someone else who helped me cancel all my accounts with them. No questions asked. As like the don't care why I'm canceling my account with them.
    What is worse, 1 week later, iprimus charged $97.42 to my credit card. When questioned, iprimus tell me that due to the cooling-off period, there was no charge for canceling the wireless, but there are other charges like administration, postage and the 1st month payment for the wireless that is a prepaid charge! What bulls! What about the no charge 10 days cooling off period?! They don't tell you about all the other charges!
    I will never ever use iprimus again. They will charge you any other ways they can.
    I am now with TPG. Very reasonable. Fast service. Very clear and precise about everything.