ipod2computer.com / Charges not clear until credit card authorised

England, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom Review updated:
This company advertises its product at $19.95 but it does not make it clear that this is a monthly subscription for a 12 month subscription until after the creit card has been authorised. They do not wish to refund this despite an immediate cancellation and not downloading their product

Comments

Wa
  30th of Dec, 2009
I purchased this product and paid $24.95. When I attempted to use it, I was advised that I needed to upgrade and pay antoher $24.95. I attempted to send an email to support @copytoy and the email failed twice. There is no phone number to contact them. The only recourse I had was to file a complaint with the FTC. I was never told anything about a monthly charge or that I was purchasing a standard version. This is a scam indeed.
Ja
  9th of Oct, 2010
When I tried to use CopyToy, it went through the motions as if it were exporting my songs from my Ipod, but then all of the folders were empty. I tried to email, but no response yet. I have a feeling I have been scammed.
Ke
  26th of Nov, 2010
Product definitely does not perform as stated on their website. Once I got the songs from my iPod into iTunes, the whole library is totally messed up now. Just purchased today and there is absolutely no mention of a monthly charge. I have already contacted them twice by e-mail (again, there is no phone number) to express my dissatisfaction and that I wanted a refund, but have received no response. I have spoken with my bank and plan to dispute the charge on my credit card.