iPod Mechanic / Be careful dealing with iPod Mechanic!

This company is taking in ipods and not repairing them or returning them, unless a visa no. is given. Their add says free diagnostic service!

Help somebody, i just want my ipod back!!!

Comments

• Le
      3rd of Apr, 2007

I sent my ipod to the "ipodmechanic" in January and they took three weeks to let me know the problem. Then they told me they wanted almost $200.00 in all to fix my old black and white ipod. I told them to send it back and they wont. They keep telling me that "it is dumb for me to want a piece of metal back". The reason is because they are going to make a 90% profit by selling it to someone else. They are Thieves!!!

• Wi
      18th of Apr, 2007

I sent my Daughters IPod in to get an estimate for repair in January, after not hearing from them for 4 months I contacted them only to be told that the Ipod had been "abandoned and recycled" in other words stolen.

23rd of Apr, 2007
    iPod Mechanic - Scam repair service

I authorized IPOD M's 1 cent charge for a "free" inspection of my daughter's broken IPOD and sent the unit to their site in "Portage, Michigan". Unfortunately, I had to give them a credit card number to do this. IPOD M offered via an email communication to repair it for $141. I turned them down by not responding. Shock of shocks! I was billed anyway by IPOD M in "Mattawan, Michigan" for the $141. To make this tragedy worse, IPOD M still has the original IPOD and refuses to release it.

• To
      25th of Apr, 2007

I sent a iPod for a repair, made mistake and paid $102 up front on a Mastercard. They emailed and stated that they wanted another $120 and would not refund my $102 + kept the iPod. They are crooks, wish that I would of check out the Internet first, many, many complaints. They have been kick out of Paypal. I am sure I will get my money back from Mastercard, I am planning on filing a internet fraud with AG office. Crooks, Crooks!

• Ni
      26th of Apr, 2007

The customer approved repairs, we have proof. Because he changed his mind it does not grant him the right to a refund. The customer also claims to have done a credit card dispute.

Regards
    Nick

• Su
      12th of Jun, 2007

These guys are a complete ripoff. Their so called 24 hour quote took me 5 business days to get a response. Their quote for fixing my ipod was $150 and when questioned about it they tried to negotiate a lower price. Their price for returning it back to me was $25 via ground UPS and not even sent back in the original ipod packing in which i had sent it to them.

Stay away from this outfit. PS their customer service is poor and they filter out negative complaints and only post positive feedback!

• Ed
      24th of Aug, 2007
    iPod Mechanic - Refund Denied, Lies, Poor Customer Service

I sent my iPod nano in for repairs on August 9, 2007 and it is now August 25, 2007 and still have not received my iPod yet. I tried calling numerous times and I got voicemail only. I e-mailed them numerous times finally getting a response saying " If we can get your iPod to the technicians today, you will have it back tomorrow. " Never got it. I called them the next day to check on the status, Chantelle, a very monotone cust service rep said it has not been repaired yet but it will be worked on shortly. Very upset I called back a few minutes later to cancel repairs, she puts me on hold for several minutes and says, " sorry but we can't cancel repairs because the guys are working on it right now" I ask to speak to a manager, after 10 minutes, a guy named Halli gets on and says" like so what's the problem? " I said I need to cancel my order, as per your website, order may be cancelled if repairs have not yet been completed. He then replies with " Your iPod is fixed and has been sent out via UPS, I sent you an e-mail with tracking number. "
    My iPod was magically fixed in 5 minutes and sent out while I was on hold. Don't think so. I said I will dispute these charges on my credit card, he says, " go ahead, we'll dispute right back " He denied refund and said the iPod was been shipped already.

I should have researched this company before I did anything as I found complaints all over the internet with these guys and they have over 963 complaints that are unasnwered with the BBB of Western Michigan!

Do NOT use this company, I got burned. I paid $89.57 for just a screen replacement while Apple is offering fully refurbished iPod Nanos for $99 free shipping and 1 year warranty! I feel like a turd.

• Ed
      24th of Aug, 2007

Be very weary of a company that fights you
    till death to refuse a refund, says alot about them.

Nick, why don't you answer all your compalints with the BBB of W MI?

• Kp
      14th of Sep, 2007

It true. This place sucks. Check out the complaints online.

• De
      15th of Sep, 2007

Like so many others iPod Mechanic has ripped me off. I purchased what iPod Mechanic stated was a new iPod Shuffle. When I finally received it, it did not work. I have tried contacting them several times over the last few days, and like many others have experienced, they will not reply.

16th of Sep, 2007
    iPod Mechanic - Bad quality of product!

I ordered and paid $100 for two refurbished ipod shuffles. I have never received them. My complaints were ignored by the seller. I still did not receive any refund and the seller will not reply. Is there any way we can sue them?

Advise smb!

• Sg
      10th of Oct, 2007

I was one of the lucky ones... I got my iPod back after badgering them for two weeks. However, they never replaced the faulty hard drive I had purchased off their site two months earlier.

Must be nice to make money by manipulating our trust.

• Ky
      8th of Nov, 2007

I sent my iPOD to them and it took a week for them to diagnose the problem and a month to get it back after I approved the repairs (a new hard drive). It cost over $100 plus shipping. After I got it back, it stopped working 1 week later. They refuse to refund me and suggested I send it back for more repairs at my own expense.

DO NOT USE iPOD MECHANIC, THEY ARE A RIP OFF!!!

18th of Jan, 2008

I paid $174 for a new hard drive. it took them 3 weeks to "fix" the unit. When it came back it did not work. I tried it on two different PC's. I have learned a lesson.. Do research before you do business with a company no matter how good they seem on their web page. Stay FAR away from these guys!!

• Gh
      30th of Jan, 2008

They quoted a hefty $250 and I paid the money for repair. It took them months to repair it and get it back to me. I finally got it back and it had another problem. They would not repair it or refund the money. They also told me they do not check the iPods before sending them back after repair, that they can't just go around listening to everyone's iPod every day, they get too many iPods. I filed a complaint with the BBB and they responded saying they would repair it for free. I called to make sure and this was a lie. They would have charged again for something they broke and they lied in an email to the BBB saying they would repair it for free. They also lied to the BBB saying they never told me they don't have time to check iPod's after they "repair" them. Every one of the representatives I talked to were unprofessional and nasty. I picture some greasy-haired loser at the other end making a living at repairing iPods in some boring place and taking out the loss of whatever aspirations he had for his life on people who can afford to buy an iPod. And stealing from us with false promises and overpricing. DO NOT go here. They will rip you off and you may not get your iPod back.

• Br
      3rd of Feb, 2008

These guys have a history of ripping people off... I see I was not alone. In my case, the repair took over a month (I sent in 3 machines). 2 of the 3 actually worked when they came back. The last one was a fairly new Nano (perfect screen and front)...what I got back was a piece of junk... all scratched up, so much so I couldn't even read the screen! They had swapped out the top half, returning the bottom part with my serial number (the electronic number now does not match the number on the case). The stole it to resell. I tried to return what the sent... they sent me a UPS label... and managed to dodge the return for 2 weeks until UPS gave up. They must have a dead address to use in cases like this! Do not use these guys!!!

7th of Feb, 2008
    iPod Mechanic - Bad quality of product!
    iPod Mechanic
    Michigan
    www.ipodmechanic.com

Now I find out there's a zillion complaints about IPOD Mechanic. Great. Guess I've lost my 40GB IPOD. I get a .pdf letter from Levine and Levine requesting information about my IPOD. You have to wonder why a lawyer is involved this early in the transaction. You see, I had sent the IPOD in to replace the hard-drive since the genius ' at Apple said it would be way cheaper to do it through a 3rd party anyway. There's another horror story I should write a complaint about... Anyway, after sending them information on the IPOD (including serial number) AND the IPOD, they now have a lawyer involved to tell me they are "unable to complete the repair and return the IPOD at this time". Lawyer speak for WE LOST YOUR IPOD. So, I now join a growing horde of pissed off people who would like their IPODs returned, but in all likelihood have to spend more money to replace the one lost to IPOD Mechanic. Perhaps, we should all band together and sue IPOD Mechanic out of business. But hey, there's another fool right behind me desperate to get their IPOD repaired 'cause Apple can't fix their own equipment.

• To
      11th of Feb, 2008

We agree with Nick' We own and run a successful online ipod repair service and we ALWAYS give the customer the first and last word.

tony
    Owner
    ipodrefresh.com

25th of Feb, 2008

THIS PLACE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN ON THE INTERNET. THERE SHOULD BE SOME KIND OF LAWSUIT BROUGHT AGAINST THEM.

• St
      26th of Feb, 2008

The current problem with iPOD Mechanic is that the IRS has seized their assets presumably to compel him to pay his taxes. Unfortunately that stock consists of iPODs sent in for repairs. So my son's iPOD is being held hostage. The bottom line is these guys are suzbags and they are still responsible for the iPOD we sent in for repair regardless of their problems with the IRS