IPI Wireless / Ripped off and scammed by IPI Wireless

I ordered a phone from the website. I received an email stating my credit was declined, and my order would not be processed. 30 days later I noticed a charge on my credit card bill from the company. I called them to find out why I had been charged. The sent a cellphone to an address that was not mine and charged me for it. The phone had been activated for over 30 days because they activate before shipping. I went to the address they shipped the phone to, and the people there were kind enough to have saved the package unopened. When I called Cingular, they said they would prorate the month the phone spent at the wrong address off of my bill, as I had never made a call yet. The phone was defective, and the accessories shipped with it did not match the phone. I called IPI Wireless to set up a return. They explained no return is possible because 30 days had gone by. I DID NOT RECEIVE THE PHONE FOR 35 DAYS DUE TO A SHIPPING ERROR COMMITTED BY IPI Wireless. After several LONG phone calls, with many minutes spent on hold I finally got a executive supervisor to agree to allow me to return the defective phone for a refund, and he would ship a new one to me. I have now been charged for both phones, and the refund for the defective phone will not be issued. They tell me it is because I returned the phone after 30 days. They tricked me into sending the phone back, and are not refunding my money, and they have charged me for another phone. They should refund my money for the defective phone I returned to them as they said they would. I also want a refund for the amount of the rebates included with the phone because I see after searching the internet they do not satisfy the rebate promises they make (big surprise) A phone that should have cost $0 after rebate has cost me $240 and a months service I did not get because it was shipped to the wrong address. OH, they also charged my card $1 presumably to see if my card was valid. I never agreed to this charge either.

Comments

Pu
  28th of Sep, 2006
IPI Wireless - Ordered 4 phones, charged for 9!

I have been on the phone with this company for 3 days, I ordered 4 phones, they charged me for 9. The funny thing is all the phones were free including overnight shipping. They put a debit hold of over $400.00 and I never authorized it. I have spent a total of 6 hours fighting on the phone demanding a faxed letter to authorize the release of my $$$. I am still being passed around and put on hold. I am an investigative producer and will be filing a Fraud complaint with the FBI & filing formal complaints with Better Business Bureau, The Federal Communications Office, The Attorney Generals office in California and in the state where they are located, also with the Department of Consumer Affairs. You should do the same. My products are suppose to arrive tomorrow.......we will see.

El
  1st of Feb, 2007
IPI Wireless - Unauthorized charges

On 11/17/06, IPI charged my credit card account in the amount of $105.97. To date, I've not been able to accomplish a refund to my account, only voice mail answers the provided phone number [703.636.4600] and we're at a loss how to obtain a refund. Can anyone assist?

Mi
  11th of Feb, 2007

I have heard that IPI Wireless is scamming people out of their rebates and that a lawsuit has been filed. Does anyone know how to be added to the list or if it exists? Thanks.

Ru
  7th of Apr, 2007

Wow, that really sux. If I were you, or better yet, if I didn't have anything better to do. I would take them to court or at least file a small claim court case against them. Trust me, there not going to want to send someone and you'll just get a refund for your problem. But, then again if you're time is worth more than chasing a phantom cell phone retailer, you're screwed.

De
  21st of Jul, 2007

Sounds like you DID get the shaft. But just for the record, the $1 charge you mentioned is valid. As a retailer I deal with several companies that do credit scores using a credit card, and I've seen this many times. But that doesn't excuse them not telling you, or the rest of the crap they pulled.

Fr
  18th of Aug, 2007

This is a company I would never recommend for anyone. They are based in Fairfax, Va. however the people you speak with on the phone are in fact from India, they have not got a clue how to perform decent customer service. I had a problem with them and have been writing complaints ever since, my problem started when I ordered a Nextel phone and plan on 7/20/07 which was supposed to arrive within 72 hours.

Next I got an email stating that the phone I ordered was a very popular item and they had run out of them and were restocking so they could complete my order. By 7/25/07 I still had not received my phone and on that day I was told that they had received a shipment containing the phone I had ordered and would be shipping it to me. On that same day my current carrier att canceled my service and Nextel/Sprint activated my new service. My phone did not arrive until 7/30/07 and could not be used until 7/31/07 since I had to charge the battery for 24 hours prior to using the phone.

If anyone is thinking of doing business with these people, forget it, they are idiots, you're better off going to your local phone store than putting up with the crap these people will put you through.

De
  2nd of Oct, 2007

On 9/30/07, I placed an order for a phone with wirefly. They stated that my order was free, however due to verification of address purposes I had to use a credit card. This would result in a 1.00 dollar charge that would eventually in 5 to 7 days fall off. On 10/1 that night I decided to check my card activity to be shocked. I found a 1 dollar charge and a 9.99 dollar charge from a company called IPI Wireless. I immediately called wirefly because I had only issued information of my credit card to them. They denied any affiliation with IPI Wireless, but was familar with the 9.99 charge and the 1.00 charge. I was increasingly angry because she summed the charged up as a shipping charge. I asked her how was it a shipping sharge and nothing had been shipped. By this time I had already spoken to the carrier and they required a security deposit that I was not willing to pay. I requested that the order be cancelled the morning of. The lady argued with me until I told her I was recording the call (which I was) and asked for her supervisor. He stated that the charge would fall off in 5 to 7 days. I am waiting to see, because I am taking this to the police with my tape if it doesn't. Again IPI Wiress and Wirefly is one in the same.

By
  18th of Mar, 2008

I'm surprised at how many misinformed people there are concerning this. If anyone actually went to their website you'll notice that their only the authorzied agent. All orders actually go through a company called Simplexity:
"tmiWireless.com is an Authorized Agent for AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Sprint Nextel, and Alltel. All orders are fulfilled by Simplexity, LLC. at a 35,000 square foot fulfillment and activation center located just outside of Washington, DC in Largo, Maryland. All aspects of your purchase are handled at this facility, including phone activation, configuration, and packaging of your order. Customer service is also handled at this facility. "

So maybe these complaints are hurting an honest business and need to be redirected to Simplexity, but I think most consumers need to better educate themselves especially if you're planning on making such a big purchase online. I know I wouldn't buy such a thing without being fully aware of this information.

Da
  20th of Mar, 2008

David,

I emailed you privately, but also wanted to post this to the forum. I help run tmiwireless.com and I would like to do whatever I can to right any wrong that may have occured. TMI Wireless (tmiwireless.com) markets and promotes wireless products that are fulfilled and completely handled by Simplexity (formerly Inphonic). While we (TMI) actually have no control or decision-making ability to that end, I personally will use all of my resources and contacts to make sure you are taken care of.

Please get back to me (through email if possible) and provide a phone number where I can call you. Also, if you have any information about your original order (like an order number), that would be great.

Daniel Hung
Affiliate Manager
TMI Wireless, Inc.

Ro
  12th of May, 2008

I cancel an order 3 days ago and you guys haven't return my money to my account.

Bo
  8th of Aug, 2008

Most if not all of these complaints have the same themes...I want this or that...you promised...etc.
If the merchant is honest, they will immediately (within 24 hours) resolve the problem... If after that, the problem(s) have not been resolved, do the following in order:
1) File a police report for credit card theft.
2) File a complaint and summons with the local small claim court listing the company as defendant.
3) SAVE all paperwork, show up in court on the correct date and time.
4) You win the court case ... now you have to collect the judgment.
5) File a collections notice of action with the 3 credit bureaus.
Best of Luck in your efforts to collect!

Hi
  9th of Mar, 2009

your story sounds like horse sit to me

Da
  18th of Mar, 2009

I ordered a phone from tmiwireless.com and was charged 9.95 for "free" shipping and was also charged 49 for "insurance" I never agreed to. After arguing with them and finally getting the phone after 10 days - nothing takes 10 days worth of shipping - the phones had numbers from 200+ miles away. Not a real big issue, but I was already tired of dealing with them.

I got the authorization to send them back, never used the phones, threatened to go to the attorney generals office for credit card fraud once they accepted the package.
Surprise, money was refunded same day they got the package. Now I'm dealing with T-mobile to cancel the account - no problem with them though. They are actually trying to figure out how to make / keep me a customer... Tired of dealing with cell phones and companies right now so I'm still with my current provider. Maybe in a few months I'll go to a REAL cell phone store.
Don't bother with TMI Wireless or any other affiliate in my opinion, go to the company you want service from no matter how "good" the deal is from an affiliate.