iPhone 5 / A complete scam

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

That deal of the day is complete scam when it comes to hot deals, today IPhone 5 was on sale for 999dhs, first of all I was signed in by 0845am, finally when the product appeared around 0900am or a bit later, I was not able to choose the item for purchase, after several attempts I finally was able to select the item and the system responded, at which time the deal was 45% sold, the system prompts me that I was not to buy the time and to try again, then I kept on trying on and on. And it never allowed me to purchase the item. Someone was controlling the system and allowing other buyers to enter and buy the system, that entire deal was completely rigged and on selected people with earlier agreement were allowed to buy the mobile. Not to mention that an email alert never came to me, honestly this is the first and last time I am ever going to use this site, at least cob one.com and groupon are honest and transparent.

Kh
Apr 29, 2013

Comments

• Do
      29th of Apr, 2013

Dear Khaldoun,

I totally agree with you. The whole thing was rigged right from start. In fact many from my office tried it and none could get through to complete their purchase, the website would never open and it showed pre programmed messages like 45 %. sold. When we called up, the guy from the helpline struggled to even minimally justify the existence of this sale.

I believe as you said either the sale was controlled or it was fake sale just to trigger a high traffic response. Either ways this should be categorized as misleading and deceptive conduct. I do not know what is the appropriate govt authority to report this issue.

Regards