iPage Web Host / Rip off!

I purchased a complete Website Hosting package from them in January 2013. It was supposed to be for $1.95 a month - well when they got finished adding up all the "extra" services the annual bill came to almost $300.00. Well by that time I was pretty much all in - so I went ahead and purchased the hosting service and extras for 2 years (they gave me a bit of a price break.) It's now March, 2013 and I just realized my Website is down - when I called Tech Support at iPage [protected] to see what the problem was - I was told that my domain has expired, and is set for deletion. Well, as a newbie with this being my first Website - I am thinking something is wrong somewhere as I just purchased everything I needed to have my own Website for 2 years! After numerous calls, and a bit of arguing with upper tier support personnel - they were initially willing to let me walk away as a very dis-satisfied customer who informed them that I would blog, and tweet my ### off about their poor service, product, etc. as well as hiring an attorney to sue them - they finally admitted that they had made an error. Well the Mgr. in Sales who identified himself as the "top manager" told me this error would be corrected and my Website would be back up online "instantly." THAT WAS 2 DAYS AGO! I JUST CALLED IPAGE AGAIN TO GET A STATUS REPORT ON THIS ISSUE/TICKET AND NOT ONLY DID I SIT ON HOLD FOR 15 MINUTES BUT THE LOWER LEVEL TECH WAS RUDE AND ASKED ME IF I WAS GOING TO CONTINUE TO CALL ALL DAY LONG ABOUT THIS ISSUE. I told him "yes if that's what it takes for me to get my Website back up online!" I am very dis-satisfied with iPage - and will be looking for another host as soon as I re-gain control of my domain! They can suck my big toe!!!

Mk
Mar 5, 2013

Comments

• Ni
      21st of Sep, 2013

ipage does this to all the users. They intently inject malicious virus into your files and asks you to buy some type of virus protection plan from their partner sitelock.com. Also, they recommend you to DELETE ALL FILES FROM THE ACCOUNT otherwise will keep suspending your account.
    They ARE THE WORST COMPANY THAT I HAVE DEALT IN MY LIFE.
    IPAGE IS A SCAM COMPANY. DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM.
    IPAGE IS A SCAM HOSTING COMPANY