IP-MyDownloadSite.com / Caught in the trap

On November 25th at 2:20 PM I ordered a download music service from what I thought was I tunes. It turned out to be another site completely. I paid through my visa credit card. The fee said it would be Approx 40.00 for continued use. When I saw the invoice it said 53.71. I immediately called them and the representative said that they would refund the 14.95 for additional service I did not order. The following morning Nov 26th at 9AM I realized that I could no use the service at all. I called and canceled after some difficulty the representative said that he would refund the money except for 14.95 for a service fee. I strongly objected (He gave me confirmation numbers for the cancellation.) saying that it was less then 24 hours that I canceled how could he charge me a service fee. He then lowered the fee to approx 9.95. I was very angry. I do not think is is legal and fair to charge a service fee for a product I canceled within a 24 hour period. Also the ad said that You could cancel within 7 days. I spoke to my bank and they said that after 30 days I could dispute the 10. The company has given me the refund of $43.76. I will not dispute the $10.00 because of the effort it will take, but I want to make it known that this company SHOULD BE BLACKLISTED so that other people will not get caught in the trap.

Comments

• Be
      2nd of Dec, 2006

I redieved a $38.88 charge on mt credit card and have no idea what is is for. Can yoou please tell me what it is.

• Ed
      3rd of Dec, 2006

I just received a visa bill statement period 11/23/06 for 38.76 posting date 10/26 trans date 10/24 for ip-mydownloadsite.com 8888888-8469590 could you please tell me what is the reason for this charge. This is also the first time i received a finance charge of 1.06. Please feel free to call me at 215 675-8824. Thank you

• Ed
      5th of Dec, 2006

I have not received a response from IP-MyDownloadSite.com therefore I will turn this over to the proper authorities.

• Mi
      9th of Dec, 2006
    IP-MyDownloadSite.com - Under age unathorized charges to download on bank card!

My 9 yr. old was allowed to use my checking card charging me 60.54 for music off of this web site. they do not answer to my phone calls on their toll free number they have supplied to the bank for charges and refunds. I do not have the money to make this occur however, my 9 yr. was given authorization by this site to take funds from my account. If anyone has info on how to get my money reimbursed for something that my computer never excepted, please e-mail me at [protected]@yahoo.com. at this point I do not know what else to do but warn the public that anyone can use our banking cards and no one double checks their authorizations. does this mean that I screwed???? Help!!!!!!!!

10th of Dec, 2006
    IP-MyDownloadSite.com - Taken amount of of my cerdit
    France

I tried without succes to cancell my order, in the 7 days time frame days allowed. Here my account got a debit of 40,29US$. How can we do to get this money back

• Mi
      11th of Dec, 2006

11th of Dec, 2006

I tried without success to cancel my order, in the 7 days time frame days allowed. Here my account got a debit of 40,29US$. How can we do to get this money back?

• Br
      13th of Dec, 2006

IP-MyDownloadSite.com took money out of my account with out permission. BIG SCAM!!!

• Sh
      14th of Dec, 2006

I received my bank statement for December and ip_mydownloadsite.com had taken out 28.88 i don't know this people or what it is for i do know if i don't hear something i am going to get a lawyer .

• Ca
      18th of Dec, 2006
    IP-MyDownloadSite.com - Membership cancelation problem

On the 11/27 or 11/28 of 2017 I was going to enroll with this web-site in order to download music. I though the fee was 40.00 for a life time membership. After I punched in my credit card #'s the web-site stated that it would be 66.00 dollars. I then though that I had canceled the membership until I got my credit card bill and saw that I have been charged $66.00. I think that the fact of charging more than what was first stated is a little on the dishonest side. I would like to cancel this at this time and get my money of $66.00 refunded. My credit card co. states that first I should try and get this refund first and if not than they will take the money back out of your account.

19th of Dec, 2006

I too received a charge on my account for an unknown reason. I was charged $32.72. for nothing!

• Ju
      21st of Dec, 2006

I foolishly gave this site my card to enable music downloads expecting a few of about £16-I lost £36 to them without any recourse and my bank has upheld the scam debit.

• Fr
      22nd of Dec, 2006

This was to be a free adobe 7.5 down load. Adobe down load is free from adobe, my computer is not working as it did before I got sucked into this "The Sofware Members Area.com. How to cancel? I am going top arbitration with my credit card company.
    What great service did this transaction provide? None.

25th of Dec, 2006

I was charged a total of $38.34 on my credit card for music downloads from 360 proshare / limewire and it worked for about two weeks and the I received a message pop up that continually says fatal internal error. This was for lifetime full and unlimited access and net spy protection option. I've tried to contact the website given and it says that the domain doesn't exist. So now I'm trying to track the company who charged my credit card because I don't have money to blow on nothing.

• Be
      1st of Jan, 2007

I have tried in vane several times to use the "TheMusicMembersArea.com" and have been unable to use it. Any advice may have would be greatly appreciated.

• Ka
      1st of Jan, 2007

I'd like to get them; they kept 33% of the refund when I discovered it wasn't Musicmatch but rather yahoo music box or some such crap.

I am so angry that these people are allowed to do this to unsuspecting people.

17th of Jan, 2007

I think these people should be put under control. In bought the product a few days ago, I selected the $24.95 membership. My bank account was debited $66 and I never received a password or any info in my email as I was supposed to.

Andy

25th of Jan, 2007

I was charged for this service I never used or wanted or understood. What is this?

• C2
      7th of Nov, 2010

I have all of my proper information printed and documented from mydownloadsite.com purchasing Limewire Pro Lifetime subscription along with teh NetSpyProtector option and as it turns out- it wasn't a valid license at all. My credit card was also charged $38.34 and when I tried to contact customer service, I couldn't even log in! It was as if my information didn't exist, yet somehow I have all the information.

I'm most likely contacting proper authorities as well.

18th of Mar, 2011

I clicked on a link to download some software (yes it was legal) that purchased and it brought me to mydownloadsite.com. They said it would only cost mw $1.99 to sign up and download my software. But instead, they charged me $47.32 and now now the mydownloadsite.com no longer works!!! I am afraid they may charge my account again. Does anyone know if and how I can get a hold of these jerks?