Ip Colon Aid—acai Berry Product / Fraudulent Charges

1 456Northlake, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 708-615-0966

I received a free trial email from Acai Berry Products, however just like anyone else --who wants to loose weight--I went for the free trial offer--paying for the shipping only. They took the $4.02 out of my account on 08/27/2008 and now took an additional $89.31 on 09/09/2008. Each time the name of the company came up different--celebrity fits--ip colon aid. In the meantime I have to cancel my credit card and be inconvienced. The kicker is I never received the free trial by mail! It is a shame you can't even go on line and order any products without having some kind of hidden fields that allow them to take money out of your account. You have to watch your account with a fine tooth comb.

Always be sure to check and read everything through before giving your credit card number to anyone!

Comments

• Do
      15th of Sep, 2008

I also ordered the trial from this company, paying only for shipping . They took out the money for the shipping, 3.95, and then three weeks later took 89.31 from my account. I called the company and told them I wanted my money back, they said no problem it would take 2 to 3 working days to recieve my money. Well its been 1 month and still no refund. I have called five times, just trying to get MY MONEY back!

16th of Sep, 2008

Although the same thing happened to me, I got back on their website and read the "Terms" which explain the $89.31 charge. I got their customer service phone number from my bank, which is: 1-877-350-8512 if you're interested.

The terms read as followed:
    CAREFULLY READ AND AGREE TO PURCHASE TERMS BELOW BEFORE ORDERING:

I understand that by ordering Extreme AcaiBerry, I am agreeing to receive Extreme AcaiBerry for a free 14-day trial period (days of availability for actual usage could be less depending on shipping time) beginning on date of order. $3.95 (non-refundable) for S&P. I understand that unless I cancel by calling 1-877-350-8480 within this 14-day period, beginning on the 14th day my credit card will automatically be charged $89.31 (Free Shipping) for a 31 day supply of Extreme AcaiBerry to be shipped at that time to my door.

Thereafter, until and unless I cancel, my credit card will automatically be charged an additional $89.31 every 31 days for a new supply of Extreme AcaiBerry. I understand that I may cancel any future shipments Monday through Friday by calling 1-877-350-8480. Our hours of operation are from 8am to 5pm MST.

We do not accept returns on any products that have been shipped.

Extreme AcaiBerry
    4650 SW 51st Street
    Suite 711
    Davie, FL 33314

• Lu
      24th of Sep, 2008

Any other company would give a money back guarantee, and if they were reputable they would not have hidden the 89.31 charge.

They are nothing but a bunch of scam artists.

• St
      29th of Sep, 2008

Has anyone had any luck getting through on the 800 numbers in order to cancel? I'm trying and I am endlessly on hold.

• Be
      30th of Sep, 2008

I discovered the charge to my account last night and had no idea what it was for. I went to google this morning and found out who it was. I will try to call them this morning and then go to my bank to place a stop on this transaction. Being a banker for 41 years this really irritates me to think there are still so many crooks out there. They should use their talent for something constructive and not make peoples lives miserable. Modern technology permits all of this to happen. When you think you can saffely order things on line and then this happens.

30th of Sep, 2008

I ordered on the 19th and received the acai within 3 days.
    I called today the 30th cancelled. I was on hold for a good 15minuets but once they answered the person on the other line found my information and gave me a cancel number.

I will keep a close watch for the next 2 weeks to try to make sure I do not get billed by them after I did call and cancel.
    But I do find it strange they have no email custoer service to get this in writing from them.

• Fr
      4th of Oct, 2008

Yes I am another victim of this scam and they should be stopped by any means possible. These people are the worst kind of ### who walk the earth. I will going to the bbb and calling the police in fl. It is bs. If i could get my hands on these people i would get back everybodys money.

• Ra
      10th of Oct, 2008

I did the same thing and called my credit card company and they blocked the user. I couldnt get hold of the Acai Berry company at all. Tried the number lots of times. Anyway I will write to them and make sure it is cancelled and tell them I have blocked them on my credit card also. I dont think I will ever be doing anything like that again!!!

• Bb
      12th of Oct, 2008

I just wanted to the free trial. Now the kept charging me for 2-3 months over $80. This without my approval! I had to call my credit company and go through different questions and change my credit card number.

DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT!!!

• Ke
      14th of Oct, 2008

i ordered my free trial and tried to cancel because i wanted to try it out before i start paying for it, anyway i called customer service and was told tpo call back, and when i did i was put on hold for over an hour and still never got thru to anyone! so i kept on calling and still never got thru. i am very dissapointed!!!

• Do
      15th of Oct, 2008

I was only suppose to get the free trial I received a phone number on the website called and cancelled, also cancelled by email.

I still received the sample and the product and was out $89.31, they will only put it back when I return the product and I have to call them with the tracking code.

I just refused the package, because I work part time that 89.31 was almost a fourth of my pay check, and I couldn't afford to pay for its return.

If I don't get my money back I will go to the BBB.org in theier area and refer to several websites where they have complaints against them.

good luck to all of you

• Mi
      16th of Oct, 2008

The same thing happened to me. I paid the $3.95 for shipping and cancelled within the trial period, but they still billed my Visa for $89.31 and sent me another bottle of their placebo product. When I called to request a reversal of the charge, a very nasty company representative told me that the "fine print" says that I have to send the trial product back within 10 days. This is a very disreputable company and I would appreciate any comment anyone has about any agency that can help a consumer fight this kind of terrible business practices. These people need to have their licenses pulled.

• Ke
      16th of Oct, 2008

How can these people be getting away with this mail fraud? There is no office responding to calls to cancel anything. Hopefully some people can see them shut down.

• St
      20th of Oct, 2008

I agree that it is difficult to get through to the customer service department, but it you're patient (at least 20 minutes worth) you eventually will get through to them.

I did and was able to get a confirmation number for cancellation of further shipments.

I'll know for sure next month when I don't get another shipment I suppose. The number I called was the 1-877-350-8480. I spoke with someone named Nellie, who was cordial and did not hassle me in any way. Nellie said she was located somewhere in Utah.

Good luck to all who are trying to do the same as me.

Step

• Di
      28th of Oct, 2008

The same thing happened to me. I got the sample but was billed
    $89.31 a few days later. I got my card changed. I've learned not to trust in any "free" sample offer.

• He
      3rd of Nov, 2008

Ditto to all the above comments! I cannot believe they scream so loudly "free sample" but avoid the small print until they have your order and credit card number! DO NOT ORDER ACAIA BERRY FREE SAMPLES (pay for shipping only) and then an unexpected bill for $89.31 for NOTHING!

• Mi
      30th of Jan, 2009

I too was scammed. I called the company in October, and they cancelled my account. They also agreed to refund the amount charged. They have failed to do so, three months later. I have called the company back, and they're now telling me that they had an "accounting malfunction" around the time when I requested my refund, and that they have re-issued it today. I will check my account the day after tomorrow, and if it has not been received, I will be filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. They charged my account and did not ever ship me a product, so they have engaged in Wire Fraud. I suggest that everyone else who has an issue with them also submit a complaint with the FTC; perhaps with enough complaints, the issue will be investigated by the government and resolved.