ioogame.com / counterfeit

1 Brighton, England, East Sussex, United Kingdom Review updated:

I have just bought DVD boxset from ioogame.com (Gilmore Girls Complete Season 1-7) but the image and sound quality are of very poor quality, and so is the packaging. I'm pretty sure they are illegal copies. I have emailed them to claim a refund and I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Comments

• Va
      4th of May, 2009

thanks was thinking of buying queer as folk the us version now i know they are fake they should have thier site taken down and stop trading

• Va

ioogame.com - scammers
    London
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom

Ordered dvd set, never arrived, so contacted them (sorry tried) but there is no address, phone or email to contact them, so tried emailing thier sales but all emails bounced back.
    Dont order or buy from them its just one big scam.

• Ad
      14th of May, 2009

I wish I had read about your experience a week ago. I have just received my box set of The Wire from Ioogame. It is obviously a fake copy and the receipt indicates that it has come from China. It is also on the NSTC format, when my player works on PAL. How is this allowed to Happen?

• Bl
      29th of May, 2009

thanks so much, was thinking about buying the charmed box set, but I don't want to risk it not arriving, and apparently it has really bad picture and sound quality!!!

• Bl
      29th of May, 2009

thanks for that I was going to buy the charmed box set but now I don't want to risk it not turning up, and apparently it has really bad sound and picture quality. It may be cheep, but it doesn't seem as if it is good for money!!! Watch out for this picture!!!

• Br
      1st of Jun, 2009

I never heard back from ioogames despite bombarding them with emails. Can't say I'm surprised since they're in the business of selling pirate copies of DVDs, but I too wonder how this is allowed to happen...

• Ka
      3rd of Jun, 2009

ioogame.com is a total scam. I never received my goods. I was promised s refund, and nothing has happened. They have PayPal which i thought meant it was safe, a trusted website, but its not.
    Kaye_c

• Br
      4th of Jun, 2009

If you never received the goods you should be able to get your money back through paypal. I filed a complaint with them but they couldn't do anything since I had received my parcel and my complaint was about the fact that I received a counterfeit where I thought I was buying the genuine article.

I understand that if you have never received anything Paypal can help you though; definitely worth trying if you haven't already.

• La
      21st of Jul, 2009

Totally agree, I have never recieved anything, it was all very strange any communication I had with them and plenty of excuses were made.

I have filed a complaint through paypal, and if someone else files a dispute aswell basically they will contact them to resolve the issue and if there is no reply within 10 days they will give you a refund.

However I cannot recieve any money back until another member has complained about them.
    So would someone please do it!
    You will need to phone up however if it was over 40 days ago because you cant do that online.

• 3r
      5th of Aug, 2009

Laravking,

You are not alone in getting screwed by this company. I purchased Star Trek: TNG Box Set from this company and only received 2 sets of Seasons 1-4. They kept putting me off in fixing this problem until the window for a PayPal claim had passed.

Based on your input, I have contacted PayPal again, and mentioned both your and my stories. It has now progressed to PayPal Fraud Department to see what will happen.

Could be good, could be bad.

Keep fingers crossed.

• Ge
      5th of Aug, 2009

This is a ### company!I have never received my items and they have never responded to my mails.
    Avoid them!!!
    They are thieves who just steal your money and do not send anything!!!
    ###ers!
    There is absolutely no way to get in touch with them again!
    Best if you do the same!!!
    Save your money and time!!!

• To
      14th of Aug, 2009

I bought a copy of the Stargate series - over half the disks are faulty. In addition, most of the extra feature don't work properly (no sound, links don't work etc).

I have emailed them numerous times but to no avail. I also not that previously you could post a negative comment, but within a day it was taken down again - they only leave up good comments (probably as fake as their CDs). However, they now stop any comments being posted at all.

I suspect that the site is being operated by one of the criminal elements in that part of the world as they don't seem to operate as a genuine business would.

Save your money and time - don't buy from them.

• Am
      18th of Aug, 2009
    ioogame.com - Faulty D.V.D Boxset
    ioogame.com
    ioogame.com

I ordered the complete boxset of Buffy The Vampire slayer all seasons and when it arrived it wasn't very safley packed or protected and all discs were marked and scatched and were basically unwatchable I think this is unaccetable espeailly when they start ingnoring your E.mails when it clear that you are entiled to a refund or replacement and they haven't even got a phone number or postal address only E.mail it terrible

• Pa
      22nd of Aug, 2009

Got a box set of Stargate Atlantis Season 1 to 5 from them. Very obviously make with a shoddy box and the media were placed in cheap plastic envelopes (not even a DVD wallet).

It would be very ridiculous and unethical to have me send it back to the seller to allow them to scam someone else. Can't we surrender the counterfeits and report them to local authorities (I live in Singapore) and based on the police report generated, Paypal issue a refund?

- patrick

• Ri
      26th of Aug, 2009

DVDs are not worth buying as they are not originals. They are also of low picture resolution and sound quality.

• Lu
      1st of Sep, 2009

I purchased a set of DVD's from them and they are obviously copies. Paypal offer no protection against this and protects this company.

The website was also advertised on the ebay website. All these companies want is their revenue, they don't care that companies use their name to sell sub standard and illegal goods.

• Sc
      7th of Sep, 2009

Do not buy from them they are scammers and do not refund you. I bought charnmed dvd box set and it was the most terrible copy. They are not originals they aer COPIES!!

• Sc
      7th of Sep, 2009

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!! I purchased the charmed series dvd box set and 6 dics were faulty, I sent them an email to let them know and they said replacements would be sent and they never sent them nor did they respond to my email when i chased them up.

THEY ARE SCAMMERS... They are thieves who take advantage of people and steal their money and do not send anything!!!

Save your money and time!!! and buy original copies as they do not send originals!!!

TO ALL BUYERS WHO ARE THINKING OF BUYING FROM IOOGAME PELASE DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT THEY ARE SCAMMERS AND THE BIGGEST THEIVES...EVEN THEY THEY HAVE PAY PAL DO NOT USE THEM

10th of Sep, 2009

Good Morning
    i agree with every thing written above i ordered a box set of prison break season 1-4 and was sent season 1-3 i have not opened the box and currently working with paypal to resolve the problem.

yes its best to save a few pound and buy proper dvds i have learnt my lesson.

M