IONLINE Celebrity Sexy Lip Plumper / SCAM

A website I was visiting today had an article discussing the best lip plumpers around. There was a sidenote that upon visiting the webpage if you clicked the first star on the webpage you would get $50.00 off of the product and only pay shipping and handling fees. When I clicked on the link I was redirected to Celebritysexypout.com. When you click on the star at the top of the page, it says rebate offer activated and then lists 1 Lip Plumper (30 Day Supply)$0.00 (after $50 Rebate) + $4.99 S&H. After entering my credit card information, I was redirected to another page with instructions on how to claim my rebate AFTER I receive the item. I was then given a total of $54.98 and told that my charge would show up as IOnlineOrder.com. You are also entered into some kind of VIP Wellness Watchers program that will also charge you a monthly fee of $29.95. Their phone number is the only number given after checkout. When I called their number [protected], the gentleman asked where I had placed my order. I told him IOnline. He told me I would have to call another number [protected]. This number is nothing but a recording and directs customers to contact them via email with any problems, questions or concerns. After sending this company an email stating that I would like to cancel my order, I received a message stating someone would get back to me within 24-72 hours. I immediately called my bank to do a stop payment for this transaction. They told me I would have to come in and sign a form. My bank is 25 minutes away. I checked my bank account before I left and drove over to my bank. After 5 minutes with the teller, she told me they cannot do a stop payment because the amount has already been processed. I am extremely agitated and upset that companies like this can rip people off. I wish I had done research on this company before I ordered, as I have found thousands of complaints about customer service, no rebate, no refund after mailing the product back and even that the company changes its website to avoid having to refund customers. I now am faced with the decision of whether or not to close my bank account to avoid further charges. How are companies like this allowed to stay in business especially with so many complaints? Someone needs to put a stop to this immediately.

Comments

• Kf
      16th of Mar, 2009

sAME EXPERIENCE. tHIS PERSON IS RIGHT. sTAY AWAY FROM THESE ONLINE CROOKS.

• In
      23rd of Mar, 2009

This is what happen to me, and also when i got the product it did not work-NOTHING- it went back the next day and it cost me about $6.00 to mail it back...

• De
      30th of Mar, 2009

I called 1-866-976-3701 and although it took me about 8 minutes of waiting a person finally picked up, got all my information and said my entire account was cut off :-) I asked her if I needed to do anything else, or if there would be any other charges and she said no...thank goodness I didn't go through what you did!!

• Kr
      28th of Apr, 2009

I couldn't agree more with all of the above comments. I too WAS able to get ahold of a representative, but it's been 6 weeks and still no refund. Canceling the automatic "VIP enrollment" was a HUGE hassle, and the product wasn't even worth the almost 6 bucks in shipping. MAJOR waste of money and time. Besides that, was anyone else SHOCKED at the sheer SIZE of it? My nail clippers and that bottle are the SAME size. How pathetic? Shame on that company. They give other online sites a bad rap because they increase mistrust. Too bad, but all things aside? Small price to pay for a BIG lesson. Celebrity Sexy should be called "Celebrity Sux". What a joke.

• Si
      1st of May, 2009

I thought I would let everyone know that there is a new address to ship returns to per there return department. The address on the web site is no longer being used. The new address is: IOnline Order Returns department. 22100 E 26th Ave. Unit 100, Aurora, Colorado, 80019. Hope this helps. I also went through the web site to cancel the VIP rewards thing and the site told me that I was already canceled but I wasnt. I didnt find this out until calling the company and having them verify it. Just as a thought, don't trust the information you get on their site. Call 1-866-976-3701.

• Do
      6th of May, 2009

Amen. My lips are no sexier or plumper than before they sent me the "cinnamon gel". I sent my coupon in for the $50 rebate, got a letter saying that wasn't all but I was supposed to include tadut, tadut tahdah..
    Thanks for address, Sissy!
    donavan

• Be
      28th of May, 2009

I live in Australia and I have had the exact same problem as the ladies above. I returned the pathetically small "plumper" but am still getting charges on my credit card for the VIP rewards thing which I did cancel, but it's not cancelled! And to make matters worse, the $29.95 US is being charged to my credit card at $42.00 AUD! Such a massive scam and rip off. Really, really unhappy about this.

• Mi
      28th of May, 2009

This is a HORRIBLE SCAM. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! I have had the same experiences. THE PRODUCT DOES NOT WORK. I canceled everything once the shipment came in; however, 2 months later down the road I noticed 99.99 was charged to my credit card BY CELEBRITYSEXY WITHOUT me acknowledging this. I called, the person said he did see how I canceled 2 months ago, but the product had been charged and shipped already. ***what the ### right*** Do they have the right to do that since I canceled everything already. I had to ship the product back without being reimbursed and I'm still waiting for the 99.99 to be credited back to me. THIS WAS SUCH A HASSLE AND I WOULD TAKE EVERYTHING ALL BACK IF I COULD. I called my credit card company and was told if this company continues to keep charging my card I can file a dispute towards them. If you need more information about refunds, etc here is the site http://www.ionlineorder.com/faq.php DON'T FALL FOR THIS COMPANY AND ITS HORRIBLE PRODUCTS.

31st of May, 2009

Not only was this a HUGE rip off scam, but the product DOESN'T even work at all. It's nothing more than lip gloss you can buy at the local dollar store! No rebate either. According to the information I printed off line, it said I could go into a website and cancel my VIP rewards thing and not have additional charges put on my credit card. I can't remember if it said it had already been cancelled or not, but supposidly it has been cancelled. I gather from what others have been saying, I shouldn't trust this and should be making some phone calls to the company (if you can get a hold of them). So what is the bottom line here? How do you get the charges to stop? Has anybody just cancelled their card??? I can not believe the ###ing rip off this is!!! It's amazing companies can get away with this crap!!! This definately is a hard expensive lesson learned, not to mention the big hassle!! From now on I will not buy anything online unless I check it out first. Does anybody have anything else to add or additional advice? Is there ANYTHING we can do as a group?? It makes me sick people all over the world are getting ripped off!!! Jan

2nd of Jun, 2009

We have all been officially scammed! the product doesn't even work! The lady on the phone just told me I did not qualify for the rebate because I didn't send them proof of purchase (which is bull) I sent them My order form that I printed of line and I cut off the packaging that they mailed it in and sent them together. that's all I had.She said no there was a paper in the envelope. I sent her everything I had ane there was indeed proof of my purchase. I even photocopied what I sent. Also she said I didn't fill out there wellness evaluation.. bla bla bla.. Bull. I told her When I bought the product it said $50.00 rebate.. not BUT ONLY if you fill out this and that and send in this specifically.. !!! I want to do something about this. I told her I'm going to call the better business burrow. Maybe we should call 20/20 get an investigation on there ###!

• Ed
      17th of Jun, 2009

How can we get in touch with this company in order to receive an expected refund?

• Gi
      25th of Jul, 2009

I am sooo PISSED! Im sick of talking to the customer service people who act like theyu have no idea what your talking about. I too ordered the lip plumper. The very first day i got it I filled out the rebate and cut the upc and sent it all in w the reciet. The product is a piece of crap the tube is exterely tiny with barely any product in it. It has been 3and a half months and i am still waiting for my REBATE. When I got my Visa bill this month. there it was WELLNESSWATCHERSMD $29.95
    I called and got some man who did not speak English well and i could not understand telling me I never canceled. I was livid I canceled after 3 days of getting the defective product!!
    Actually their website offered a cancelation web page and i aslso filled that out too along with calling Anyone know what we can do

• Pa
      16th of Aug, 2009

This product - is GARBAGE. Does Oprah know they are using her name to advertise this garbage? I am not only NOT returning the garbage - I am not paying for it - they can sue me... I have placed a letter with the States Attorneys Affice in N. Carolina and will do the same with the Staes Attorney in Colorado AND send an email to Oprah's website to let her know they are using her to sell this CRAP