Invisible Fence / Scam and fraud!

1 304 State Route 10Randolph, NJ, United States Review updated:

Had a break in my fence yesterday. Invisible fence came out, told me I had multiple breaks, my wire was no good & I had to replace it at $.40 per foot. (I have 7 acres). I was So Mad; I called the local Dog Guard Dealer and he came out and had it repaired in no time... I saved over $3, 000 dollars!! to boot, they lied to me about the multiple breaks & then fried my electrical outletin the garage... Wonder how long it will be before they come out to repair that...

These Guys are a RIP OFF!!!

Va

Comments

• Jt
      19th of Nov, 2008

had a system installed by Invisable Fence and they put the underground wire three feet in FRONT of my gate. Do not sign their "satisfaction" form until you walk every inch of the installation and get the proper training for you pet. once you sign the form they refer back to it and use it against you. NO SUPPORT AT ALL FOR THEIR SCREWUP!

• Sh
      27th of Feb, 2009

MURDERED

DUKE ELLINGTON COLLINS
    3/17/2009 to 2/24/2009

Our baby boy, Duke, our family pet was shot with a shotgun and left to suffer along the railroad tracks about a ½ mile west of 600 W in New Palestine. We had to end his suffering ourselves. If you have any information related to this tragic event, please contact Wayne at the Humane Society at 477-4367 or Hancock County Deputy Christie McFarland at 477-1144…CAD# 090560228.

DO NOT invest in the Invisible Fence
    DO NOT rely on a collar/cable leash to contain your loved one. We do not want anybody to have to experience this devastating tragedy as we have been forced to. We love you Duke! And you will always be missed…Run the RR tracks in heaven freely!

• Je
      7th of Mar, 2010

First off, I know invisible fence products left and right because I use to install them for five years. I no longer do it, and have zero invested in the business since going into business for myself. Randolph, your claim that invisible fence broke your wire, well did the system work when they installed it? I would think so, or you wouldn't have be able to train your dog in the first place. Also your transmitter would have been beeping like crazy the whole time.
    The fact that your claim of a fried electrical outlet, plus the multiple breaks tells me that you probably had a severe lightning hit to your system.
    These things are not common, but it is possible. And can just as easily happen to any buried wire, cable, telephone, etc. But here is something to check out. If your outlet was not grounded correctly at the time of your install, then it will be the fault of invisible fence. all systems are required to be properly grounded. I have fixed several systems that had lightning hits. probably 95% percent of all lightning hit systems, the only thing that goes bad is the transmitter, which is covered under a lifetime warranty. the other 5% percent is usually a simple and easily repaired break, but there are those cases where every inch of the wire is fired from lightning. After installing hundreds of systems and servicing hundreds more, I probably ran into this issue maybe 3 times in 5 years. In other words, it's a pretty rare occurrence.
    These are the worst cases a technician wants to handle, because they don't want to replace your wire no more then you do. Plus the several hours spent trying to fix the wire, to realize it's not worth fixing, and needs to be replace.
    One other thing, don't expect Dog Guard to be any different. In fact the biggest reason why most customers go with invisible fence compared to dog guard or the other guys, is the superior customer service. I've heard real cases where hidden fence and dog guard will
    never be back if something goes wrong with your system.
    Also here's some advice if you ever want to fix your own wire. newer systems this probably wont work since they are fully digital, but the older ones, and maybe dog guards system is this way too, may run on an AM signal. if it does, you can take a small transistor radio and actually dial in the signal while holding the radio next to your transmiter. it would more then likely be low on the dial. the signal would make a pulsating tone. Once you have the signal, attach the radio to the end of a handle (like a shovel or broom handle) and follow the signal of the on the wire outside your house and follow it along through out your yard. When the signal dies out, that will be where your fence is broken. If you can find the signal from the other end of the wire and dig it up, all you need to do is splice the wire and your system is fixed.
    Just one other thing, use wire nuts you can find at the hardware store for outdoor use only. these have a silicone waterproof seal so your wire doesn't go bad from moisture. remember the fence wire is copper, it can corrode. hope this helps.
    Jeff

• Ss
      12th of Jan, 2011

The REAL problem with Invisible Fence, and any other non-physical fence is that it is NOT really a fence!

"Invisible" fences do not keep all dogs contained. Large, runners get passed the area of effectiveness before they respond to the "correction". My neighbor has an aggressive German Shepard who blows through his Invisible Fence on a regular basis... with frequent complaints and visits from the Sherrif.

Invisible fences also do NOTHING to keep unwanted dogs out of your yard and away from your pets. They also do NOTHING to prevent the neighbor's toddler from wandering into your yard to "play with the cute doggie" and yes, in most cases you WILL be held to be liable if that happens and your dog bites the child... it's kinda like installing a swimming pool but not putting a fence around it.

Bottom line... they shouldn't be able to use the word "fence" in the product name or description because it isn't one.

• Do
      16th of May, 2016

They have terrible customer service techs... I ordered a brand new collar. The tech handed it to me WITHOUT putting the SAFETY guards on... Long story short, I got a very nice shock... My sarcastic comment to him was, "Well, I guess we know it works!" He seemed to think it was hilarious. Me, ...not so funny...

• Al
      25th of Sep, 2016

The original anonymous post on this thread was first posted (word for word) on /link removed/ in 2007. It wasn't true then, and not true in 2016 either. Think about the "hero" of that story and you will find the source of the fake post. Also, check the other reviews posted by Valerie, obviously a paid fake complaint service.

• Ji
      6th of Dec, 2016

They promise you the world until they get your money then no service what so ever they are horrible !!! I had call after call to get the free training with the fence and got no where with them ! I was told the will repair anything free of charge but that is not true either . There are better systems out there for far less money and you dont have to deal with people who will cheat you out of your hard earned money !