Investools / Invest Tools / Think or Swim / Total Rip Off

1 600 West Chicago Avenue Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1.800.416.6861

This company is out to steal your money. They will preach about making you money in the stock market, suck you into some cheap seminar and convince you to buy into their program, then leave you with buyers remorse. They charge about $3k-$5k for their classes. It's just horrible what they are doing to the public. I can't believe they allow their commercials on the air. Invest Tools promises the world and delivers nothing but hard earned money taken from your wallet. Do yourself a favor and keep your money. I wish I did.

Comments

• Sh
      16th of Nov, 2009

My husband just lost so much money...all hard earned and saved while lowering the heating temperature in the house. All gone now. left us desperate.

• Ni
      4th of Dec, 2009

Please don't slander ThinkorSwim. They are an excellent broker, with an awesome platform. If you had bothered to check, pretty much anything Investools promotes as far as software can be found on the FREE ThinkorSwim platform. You can papertrade too. ThinkorSwim has a lot of education, and there is plenty of other education to go around the web. I went to a $99 two day Investools seminar, and I felt that they gave a TON of great info. I did not buy any of their courses because, yes, they are expensive. Instead, I'm researching on my own, and I decided to try the ThinkorSwim platform and I love it!

29th of Jul, 2011

I went to the seminar. Like Nightvoice, I was OK saying no and leaving. Their offers were very expensive and it bothered me that some very senior citizens were spending their money on what amounted to a veiled promise. I was OK with that because people can do whatever they want to do. That was until the following happened: Anyone who bought an expensive course, was shuttled off to a different room (based on the plan they bought) to have a quick orientation. WHILE THEY WERE OUT of the main room, the Investools presenter proceeded to offer a heavily discounted package to the folks that didn't bite on the first plans offered. I felt it was very dishonest and disingenuous to withhold the least expensive plan from people who just probably spent a ton of their hard earned savings on a different plan. By not offering ALL plans to EVERYONE, Investools sunk to a new level. I swore I would NEVER give them my business. Ever. My advise is to avoid them.

• Lo
      25th of Aug, 2011

Don't slander them? WAKE UP!!! Wait for the near future articles you are about to see from several of their customers. This is a GREEDY, IRRESPONSIBLE, UNCUSTOMER FOCUSED, JOKE OF A COMPANY.