IntlMOVE Inc

1880 NE 170 Street
Miami Gardens, Florida
Phone: 800-901-0910
intlmove.com
I have recently relocated back from Orlando, FL to the Bristol UK. We hired Intlmove to organise the shipment of our possessions. They sub-contracted out a co who arrived to our property on 11 Dec '08. On arrival we noticed the removal van already had other items on. We had ordered a 20ft container and Paid for in full at this time. We measured the available space and only measured 16ft. We spoke to Intlmove who confirmed we had ordered 900cuft we stated a 20ft container measured total 1100cuft (approx). Anyway, they carried on wrapping & packing our items and loaded the van. Not surprisingly not all items would fit on. They drove the first load to Miami and came back the following week to collect the remaining items. We waited 3 wks before we heard from Intlmove with an update after a lot of chasing. They confirmed we had an overflow of 222cuft and wanted to charge us for this. We requested that they gave us a choice of what we could leave behind in Miami for shipping separately. They confirmed that the container had already been sealed and at port waiting to go. They gave us no notice of the overflow until it was too late. They very cleverly left items we would need such us mattresses, clothes, all kitchen items and my boy's toys. We moved from UK to Orlando in March 08 and everything fitted into a 20ft container then and we had no extra items. We received an additional quote for $2664. I started to call other companies to get other quotes and funnily, Intlmove sent me a quote without knowing I was already dealing with them - this was only £1300. Obviously I spoke to IntlMOVE querying why we were being charged an additional £1, 344 for this! They said it was for the 2nd trip to collect the overflow items and packing (not necessary if the original removal van was empty on arrival and packing should have been included in first quote anyway). I got other quotes from other companies to pick up the overflow items and ship to us, these ranged from $1200-$1600. I spoke to IntlMOVE to cancel their services but was told I would have to pay $900 to release our items to cover their 2nd pick up trip. RIDICULOUS. They are just a rip off company and know you have no option but to pay when you are dealing with very personal items. We had no option but to pay the $2, 664 and arrange for shipment of the overflow. The overflow finally left Miami on 1st February after waiting for 3 wks and arrived at port on 24 Feb in the UK, cleared customs 4 March and are still waiting for a date of delivery. We should not have had to pay the additional costs by IntlMOVE. The UK company used for delivery confirmed that our 20ft container had been very badly packed in Miami by IntlMOVE and there was available space and said, in their opinion, the 222cuft overflow would have fitted in. As we already knew and guessed. They just use the overflow system as a way of getting more money out of you.
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country United States Complaint category Other

Comments

A  23rd of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Right now I am going through similar... I booked 646 cubic feet... the van that came to pick my stuff up was 24 x 8 x 8 so around 1500 cubic feet... once all my belongings were loaded up it was less than half full... I am now in England and I receive an e-mail saying I was 420 cubic feet over and they want a further $3100... money which I don't have right now!!

i either pay or lose everything!! if anybody can help let me know!!
D  23rd of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Mostly all of the complaints are usually people that request a move for a limited amount and try to cram as much as they can in the move. They go over their original volume and they know it expecting that the price wouldn't change. In the moving business everything is measured involume. If you say you want 10 boxes picked up and it ends up being a full house full of goods that is not the same and you will be charged for the extra amount.
Unfortunately this practice makes the moving company look bad when in realilty the job get done and priced accordingly. If this was the case these companies wouldn't be in business this long. If you want to get a true testament to a company I would suggest to check their BBB rating...you will be surprised of the results.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree