Int*idprotect Mntr Svc (877) - 974 - 1563 WAFRAUDENTLY WITHDRAWAL FROM MY CHECKING ACCT. ON JUNE 26, 2009.

My bank account showed that the amount of $19.95 was withdrawn from my account on June 26, 2009. The charge was for ID PROTECT MNTR SVC. This was followed by the number 24692169175000185994436. I have never heard of this company. This is a lot of money to me. I am a disabled senior, and on a very tight budget. Can anyone help me? [protected] Telephone number on bank account transaction.

Jul 06, 2009

The company's name is Intelius. Their website is http://www.intelius.com. I just had my account charged the same way. Apparently, if you have gone onto their website to do a Reverse Phone Lookup and purchase anything from them, they automatically give you a 7-day trial to their ID Protection subscription in which case if you do not cancel it, you will get charged that $19.95 every month until you call that number and cancel. Good luck trying to get your money back, though.

Jul 06, 2009

Another way you may be able to contact them is through their website. https://www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php I haven't heard from them yet, though.

Jul 06, 2009

I just called them again because I found my receipt that tells me absolutely NOTHING about the $19.95 charges. They told me that they have a no-refund policy.

• N
      Jul 31, 2009

I was able to get my money back working thru my credit card company, but the dogs will not get my business again. Intellius was the name of that company again, folks.

• C
      Aug 26, 2009

Yes, the use deceptive practices. If you do a background chech on anybody not only they charge you for their services but they automatically enroll you in a program known us "Identity Protect" like it or not. After several phone calls I manage to cancel that subscription and protested my charges on my credit card. Any way, a piece of advise, if you get snagged by this firm, when you cancel get a Confimation Number so at least you have some proof of your phone call.

•   Aug 26, 2009

Intellious has charged my credit card $19.99 three times. But, not this month. I canceled my credit card, and then got a new one, and they don't have this one. They ignored all of my emails. I am out about $60.00, but at least they will get no more of my disability check. What a crew of corrupt theives. Will prey on anyone. C. S. Baltimore

• B
      Sep 14, 2009

They refunded my money when I called. It was very deceptive. A "free trial" you accept upon buying a telephone lookup.

• P
      Nov 03, 2009

If they give you a hard time on refunding the money, threaten them with going through your credit card company and reversing the charges that way. It must be too much trouble for them to deal with the credit companies, because as soon as I mentioned that, he refunded my money. And yes, get a confirmation number. They won't give to you unless you ask.

• E
      Dec 19, 2009

I just sent this message to this company:

I DID NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THIS SERVICE. According to many Internet blogs, you hear this a lot. If users responding to one product are charged a different service not specifically agreed to, there is no implied consent, regardless of how deep you bury the negative checkoff's and fine print. The courts assess intent. Your intent is to defraud. You know very well what you are doing. I want all charges for identity monitoring that I did not sign up for removed from my credit card. If there is no compliance with this request, you will soon find someone using their position as a syndicated columnist to launch a class action lawsuit.

There must be hundreds of thousands of victims of this company. Let's find an ambulance chaser to initiate a class action and stop them from harming any others.

• O
      Feb 01, 2010

do not bother calling this company at all you be on hold then they hang up on you, they will tell you they have no refund policy, ETC just call your credit card company and they will take care of it. someone from state of Washington should call their state attorney and ask them to investigate this company