Intex Corporation / Poor quality product!

I purchased an Intex 18' X 48" easy set pool last June the pool was great at the time of use I took the pool down for the winter due to the freezing temperatures we experience in Virginia. I took the pool out this year to set up everything went well until I completed hooking up the pump to the pool when I released the water into the hoses to fill the pump and took the pressure off the pump I turned the switch on, the pump made a horrible noise like it was breaking apart I immediately turned the pump off opened the filter area of the pump finding plastic pieces in the filter area. I took the cover off finding the impeller blades had broken completely off of the shaft resulting in the pump not being any good for anything. I have called and called with the same results the volume of calls are so high that there will be a 15 or 30 minute wait. I do not have the time to wait on line to speak to someone since I'm calling during business hours and I have phones to answer at my place of business. I ordered another pump on line hoping this pump will be better than the one that came with the pool. My pump is under warranty and I haven't had much luck getting in touch with someone to replace it the operation manual states mail it back to Intex for replacement with prepaid postage, I have no problem with doing this as long as they will respond or replace the pump. I agree with a pool as large as 18' X 48" I would feel the pump does not pump enough water to keep the pool clean the GPH needs to be much larger.

Very poor service and product quality!

Comments

• De
      27th of Jun, 2007

I too purchased an 18 X 48 pool last June. The pool was originally sent with the wrong pump. I called a week after I received the pool and told them that the pump had quit working, while speaking with the customer service representative we found that the pump that was packed with our pool was for the 2 ft. pool. They sent us the correct pool and everything was great last summer. However, just as the comment above, our pump is still under warranty and we were informed to return the pump at our cost and they would fix our pump or send us a new one. Well, $21.00 shipping and three weeks later we received a pump, the WRONG pump! We spent about $50 on water to fill our pool and it has set for three weeks with no pump and the water is filthy, past cleaning so we will have to drain and clean the pool before we are able to set up again meaning that another $50 on our water bill. I too believe that it is a struggle keeping the pool clean considering the size of the pump verses the amount of water. I am VERY disappointed with this company and would NEVER suggest to anyone to purchase this nor would I EVER purchase another product made by this company.

• Ar
      3rd of Sep, 2007

I have exactly the same problem with the impeller broken blades but I called index and they said they were gonna sent me another pump since I bought it 2 months ago and still waiting no luck yet I call tomorrow.

• Ro
      7th of Sep, 2007

We purchased a double bed inflatable a few years ago for use when we have an overflowing house full of daughters and grandchildren. It has been used only six times for 3-4 days each time. Two weeks ago when we blew it up the center rose and the sleepers could not stay on the bed. It looks as if some of the internal welds failed and it became one big air chamber.

If there is a warranty I have no evidence of it. Please tell me what recourse I have either to replace it or to have it repaired. Thank you.

Roger A. Bachman.

• Br
      18th of Apr, 2008

Same as the above..worked great last summer, took it down for the winter..fired it up today and it sounded like I ran nails through it. Opened it up and like magic all the impeller blades were gone. Magically no-one seems to carry replacement blades and a new pump of the same size costs 100 bucks. So here I am with a pump that works great for scaring off small woodland creatures, but horrible for cleaning my pool. Maybe I'll use the motor to build a remote control submarine with a dustbuster hooked up to it...

• To
      24th of Apr, 2008

Same Same, my blades broke off as well. They said I couldn't repair it. The lady on the phone laughed and said I should just buy another one. Yeh, real funny lady.

At this rate it would be easier to just buy a real pool.

25th of Apr, 2008

I must disagree with this complaint. I contacted Intex directly (on hold for only 3 minutes) and the nice young lady that took my call informed me that my pump had a one year warranty. Not only that but they didnt even require me to send the pump, just a copy of the receipt. I did and next thing I knew I came home and I had a new pump waiting for me on my door step ready to go. I installed it and havent had a problem since.

thanks to intex for producing such a wonderful product thats perfect for me and my grandkids!

• Ro
      24th of May, 2008

Yep...13 months later...4 months of use...9 months storage...damn impeller blades sheared right off...called but no go since 13 months...SO I BEG TO KNOW, WHY CAN WE GET A DAMN REPLACEMENT IMPELLER??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????//

-Roy
    INTEX SUCKS...I WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER AGAIN BUY ANOTHER INTEX PRODUCT...USING A HAYWARD SYSTEM NOW...ATLEAST EVER PART ON IT HAS A PART NUMBER TO ORDER REPLACEMENTS.

• Co
      12th of Jun, 2008

I have been on hold with intx now for about 20 minutes, i am trying to get a replacement pump that i just set up 4 days ago and the pump already is broken. after being on hold 5 or 10 more minutes a representative finally came on the phone, went thru a list of questions about my water level, did i have enough water in the pool and so forth, trying to make it my responsibility/ even ask me how many hours a day i ran the pump/ i brought it to her attention that the pump has an automatic shut off and when it gets overheated should automatically shut off to prevent any damage to pump/ i went thru the owners manual for the pump and did not find a section on how many hours u should run your pump per day or anywhere that said running the pump for too long will cause damage// well i am now awaiting a claim form from intex that i have to fill out and send to intex and they will decide if they should send me a new pump / i will keep you posted of outcome

• Li
      12th of Jun, 2008

The same with me. I used it last summer, took it down for the winter. Then put it up about a week ago, and now the impeller blade has gone to pieces. Not only that, it also broke out with three pine holds for absolutly no reason. I called and waited and waited for someone to answer, without no luck, I just finally hungup. I should wish I would of read this before I purchased it last year.

• Mt
      15th of Jun, 2008

I guess you get what you pay for. The stuff doesn't cost much and doesn't last. They intend for you to just keep buying parts. When my parts wear out, I sure won't be buying any more. This company and the major retailer I bought this (18x48 pool) from are almost single handedly filling up our landfills with cheap junk. The store actually thinks they are contributing to being "green". It is a joke.

• Ag
      11th of Jul, 2008

i had the thig running properly last year and we set it up this year ran good for a month or so then sounded like some rockes got sucked up now i have the same damn problem now i have to buy a different pump and i garentee im not buying from intex ...no one sells these impellers so who ever does will make a fortune...lol...damn intex

18th of Jul, 2008

I had the exact same problem. And would love to know who John Chavez had spoken with so that I could get the same type of help.

These impellers are so poorly made.

• Ha
      23rd of Jul, 2008

Everybody has something go wrong no matter the amount of money we spend. Some of the problems with the pump blades could be the place of storage. I just got an intex pool that I bought a month ago from a friend, the pool and the pump were stored for almost two years and i have no problems. I do agree that the the pump is too small for the amount of water and continously worry if the pump is going to burn up, or short out, but that is my only worry.

• Do
      10th of Aug, 2008

I have the same impeller problem. Stored for the winter and set up for the second time. Are there any replacement impellers? I have been on the internet looking. Sounds like Intex should go out of business.

• Bo
      17th of Aug, 2008

I want to just buy the new impeller and replace it instead of having to buy a whole new assembly every year. Does anyone out there know where the part could be obtained?

• Di
      4th of Sep, 2008

I have had the 18x4 pool for less than a year and all the blades on the impellar have broken off. Altogether I have used the pool mabe 4mos and stored it the rest of the time in my shed. The pump and filter was very inadeqate for the size of the pool. I think this is just a scam to sell more pools and pumps.Because if they offered the replacement impellar then we would'nt need the $100 dollar replacement pump witch is the correct size that should have been included with the pool in the first place.

23rd of Sep, 2008

I will never buy another INTEX product again after owned over a year; ### IMPELLER broke after 5 month use. Why wont they sell replacment impeller? ILL BE DAMNED IF THEY WANT ME TO BUY ANOTHER PUMP THEY CAN GOTO HELL!

23rd of Sep, 2008

I think someone should put a video on YOUTUBE to let people know how ### this pump is, maybe INTEX will get the point.

• Fi
      8th of Apr, 2009

I have and am still suffering their outragous attitudude towards their failed productds. Their name is mud! Their equipment is junk! They will soon be out of buisness. You need the raving fan. They have the running herd. AWAY! from being burned again. Oh by the way the replacement pump is the same junk. I know, I have one.

• Fi