Intex 18' X 48& pool / replacement hoses

1 6212 Olohena rd.Kapaa, HI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 808-821-0353

We have an 18' X 48" Intex above ground pool. My 2" diameter water transfer hose recently sprung a leak and when I went on line to Intex.com amd there were no replacement hoses for our pump 520. I called and they told me that they were not required to have replacements after a two year period!!! Now, I have been looking all over on line and there is no such thing. They were no help at Intex, I was told to "Go to a pool supplier." Well, we live on a small island (Kauai) in the Hawaiian Islands and there are few of those and they don't have this particular hose. Now, we can't use the pool because the pump is not working and it is unhealthy. What in the heck am I supposed to do--waste money and buy a new pump when this one is working? I guess that the pool and its components are going to the dump. Very bad way to run a business:(

Comments

• Ir
      17th of May, 2008

We have the same pool. We leave in California close to the Company Intex base in Long beach. We had the same problem for almost a year and I have call every body and no one has that hose. They need to start making this hose for all of us who have the 520 Intex pool.

• Ir
      17th of May, 2008

People should not buying these pools if they will not have a replacement hoses. Now we are stock with the pool and we can't not use it any more and is in perfect condition.

• Da
      2nd of Jul, 2008

I am also having the same problem, pool supply companies say they don't carry hose for pools the dont carry. Hardward stores don't carry this either. If anyone has a place you can order over the phone or internet, please share. Thanks

• Bi
      9th of Jul, 2008

SOLUTION TO PROBLEM

buy a 2'' rubber discharge hose (the flat rubber hose sold at most any hardware store) Then, buy a 2.5'' spa hose or other hard durabule hose. Next put the rubber hose in spa hose and attach w/ clamps. leave a little room at the ends to seal rubber hose (spa hose is a tad bit shorter than rubber hose.

10th of Jul, 2008

Same problem here. I bought good waterproof caulk and caulked inside the grooves on the top side of the hose (where the cracks were). I let it dry and then wrapped it with "outdoor" duct tape (it's a darker gray and says it's for outdoor use). It's worked so far. If if fails again, I'll try something like Bill said.

• Ra
      12th of Aug, 2008

Respected sir

Rakesh Kumar S/o Sh. Dalip Kumar, Friends Colony, Near Shankar Kumhar, Hisar Road, Sirsa-125055

Vase

Parties
    1. Sardana Mobiles, Old civil Hospital Road, Sirsa.
    2. Intex Technologies India Ltd, D-18/2 Okhla Industrial Area, Phase II, New Delhi 110020.
    3. Intex Technologies Customer Service Center Sadar Bajar, Sirsa.

Sub. Complaint mobile not replaced and Service is V. V. Poor Condition.

Sir

1 I purchased one Intex Aura I 1224 Black IMEI No. 350077107212577 and Batt. S/No. GHD107270004418 Bill No. 760 Dated 06.09.2007 from Party No. 1 in cash Rs. 7700.00. He give me promise that one year full guaranty and said that if in one year any problem in this mobile you can tack every type of help from above parties in free based. And he said that if got any manufacturer defect in this mobile they will replace this mobile from company.
    2 After 2 or 3 month my mobile has accurd problems in mike and PBA Band. I informed and went immediately to party No. 1 for this problem. He get repaired by party no. 2. But after some days in this mobiles accurd problems again & again. The details and record are have Party No. 3.
    3 Now against Job Card No. 15534 dated 28.07.2008 of above mobile have blinking and past problems accurd. In that problems I have sent to company for replacement but company have repaired it rather then replaced it. When I go to take my mobile from Party No. 3 I got it very poor and damaged condition like that its nuts are opened and without seal. I refused to take that mobile because its mike (speaker) was not changed. When I asked about my mobile for this condition from Party No 3. He said that it is in same condition that company (Party No. 2) has sent to me. When I said to replaced that mobile to party No. 1 and 3 they misbehave to me and said that we are not responsible for any warranty and any replacement, and no need to come on our shop.
    4 Above parties not did their duties that’s why I am psychologically disturbed and I went their shops many times but they every time misbehave to me. I did not get any satisfied answer when I called to company’s website toll free no. So I want to get compensation from above these parties.
    5 I request that my mobile should be replaced from above Parties or 7700/- Rs and @ 2% interest per month from dated 28.07.2008 pay to me, and 21000/- Rs. will be giving to me as compensation And 3500/- Rs will be paid to me as case expenses also.

Thanking you

I declared that above complaints are with full explanation and will be right from my sight.

Respectfully yours,

MB- 09466559607, 09416403453

• Ra
      10th of Nov, 2008

Dear Sir,

I have taken one intex dvd player and one woofer with two speakers 2400 Walt's, on 25th Oct 2008 from Spencer's at pacific mall. at that time vendor told me that take these service company telephone numbers whenever you faced any prob just call once the person will come your door and satisfy you without any fees. now when i m using its running perfectly but its voice is not correct hear able. so i contact your ghaziabad service center to send one person who can demonstrate and understand me on the same, but he simply refuse to come home. I belive that if will purchase from lg, sony, bpl or etc they will satify me if i m not satisfied for his good reputation.

I believe that intex is reputed company and for the customer satisfaction and long term relationship with you pls consider this urgently and give me the satisfactory answer.

Regards
    Rahul Mathur

16th of Aug, 2009

i HAVE THE SAME POOL AND THE TRANFER HOSE SPRUNG A LEAK. INTEX SHOWS THE HOSE AS OUT OF STOCK. I LOCATED A COMPANY ON LINE THAT HAS THE HOSE, HOWEVER THEY WANT 29.99 FOR THE SAME HOSE INTEX SOLD FOR 2.99.

18th of Aug, 2009

Another solution to the problem,

I went to AutoZone and bought an M-299 Kelly Springfield radiator hose. it has a 90 degree elbow and 1 1/2 inch inside diameter. I had to do some cutting, but once I tightened the hose clamps it worked perfect. There is a crimp in the hose, however the pressure is still good flowing through it.

You may be able to find a radiator hose that will not crimp,

20th of Aug, 2010

Used Anamaniac's idea of the caulk and duck tape. It works great. I thought about using a radiator hose, too.

On a side note, I was able to replace the feeder hoses from the pool from a pool supplier but I was thinking that if the hoses were black then the sun might heat the water. Or maybe I should put an interim black tank in.