Interval International / Car rental fraud

Unknown, United States Review updated:

As an Interval International Platinum member, I chose to rent a car online using their website. The price quoted, including tax was $322.40 for a standard size car in Orlando for October 10-17, 2014. When I got the confirmation, the price was modified to $420.73. Although I cancelled the reservation directly with Hertz, I had to spend approximately three hours of back and forth phone calls to get this matter resolved. Interval, unfortunately, took little or no action and I was entirely on my own. I really thought that my upper scale membership would at least allow me some personal attention on this matter, but all they would say was we are sorry that you had that experience. At the end, I had to use another service to get the car rental, which cost me more than the price quoted on their website.

Oddly, had this been a restaurant, the manager would have taken quick steps to ensure that I was satisfied, even to the extend of offer compensation of some sort or a free meal. All Interval could say that it was my fault.

Da
Sep 10, 2014

Comments

• Mk
      Sep 11, 2014

"I really thought that my upper scale membership would at least allow me some personal attention on this matter"
    Really???
    "Oddly, had this been a restaurant, the manager would have taken quick steps to ensure that I was satisfied, even to the extend of offer compensation of some sort or a free meal. "
    Again I say... REALLY???

It sounds like you are a very deserving person in your own eyes... Good Luck With That