Interval International / Bait and switch

HI, United States Review updated:

Upon retirement we purchased a time share from Shell at the Beachoy Club in Hawaii. At that time we were told that we would be able to deposit all of our accumulated extra RCI weeks that we had and use them for additional Shell vacations. Shell has switched from RCI now and changed their affiliation to an inferior exchange company, Interval International. Further Shell has also limited the number of weeks that we can exchange, and thus the sole purpose of our contract. We were told accomodations would be made by the front office but when we contacted them they were very defensive and disorganized and only gave us a paper chase and a run around to avoid any culpability. We are currently considering a joining a Class Action lawsuit to get consideration from an obvious "Bait and Switch" scam.

Comments

• Su
      15th of Sep, 2012

Sounds like a bad deal for you. All of Hawaii has a pretty good Demand number altho not above a 10. Have you used your RCI exchange much? We have not been impressed with the RCI exchanges, only one so far even came close to a good resort compared to what we own. Looks like you had banked a bunch of weeks with RCI so you must not have traveled to outside resorts much.
    I am switching to I I... selling more RCI resort and making an even move to an II resort because all the RCI places I stayed at were not that great. All the good high points places get taken years before I even see them listed.

It does sound like you got a bad deal thru your resort when they switched you to II...
    It does not sound like your are having problems with II tho... more like with your home resort.

• Su
      15th of Sep, 2012

IT sounds to me like your Resort is the one with the problem not II. Your Resort switched you to a lesser plan with II. While your complaint is valid it is against the wrong company. You should get a class action suit against Shell Beachoy Club for giving you the shaft. I will keep this review in mind if my resort ever tries to switch me.

RCI has been a big disappointment to me. Sounds like all you did was bank weeks with RCI.