Interval Consulting Group / Fraud

1 7 Piedmont Center, Suite 300 Atlanta, GA 30305Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-980-3331

Well, I sent my refund letter in three weeks ago and I got it back in the mail yesterday, unopened and bearing a big yellow sticker on the front that reads, "Return to Sender, Not Deliverable as Addressed, Unable to Forward." I tried calling Interval this morning and their main customer service line is "Temporarily Disabled." How convenient for them!

I have my credit card company working on this now. I've also sent in a complaint to the BBB of Atlanta. I suspect that Interval will claim that they never received my letter, hence they've done nothing wrong here. I've made every possible effort to contact them. Not being able to be reached by phone, internet or mail says volumes about the type of business you run!

I have a feeling that any further posts here will be from customers that feel duped, disenfranchised or just need a place to vent about Interval Consulting Group. If you just got involved with them, get out now! They are ever so surely going to disappear with your money.

More Interval Consulting Group Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ka
      23rd of Apr, 2009

Have you tried to sell your ts with them? If so what happened?If the didn't sell it did you get your money back?

23rd of Apr, 2009

Need more info as to the complaint? Did you try to sell your ts with them? If so what happened?

23rd of Apr, 2009

Need more information regarding your dissatisfaction with the company? What happened?

• Er
      26th of Apr, 2009

I would like to know as well what the complaint is? I sent a request in and got an e-mail from this company then a follow up with a very prompt phone call. I have done all my research and even contacted the BBB and there are no complaints at all with this company. I believe they are affilated with Interval International/RCI they have a lot of credability and I feel like this is the right company to go with. I don't know what the complaint is either???

• In
      26th of Apr, 2009

I wanted to clairify somethings, This is not the company I wanted to blog about however It won't let me change it once you write it. There is a company called "timesharesonly" that I believed to be a bad deal. Sorry for the misunderstanding fellow bloggers.

Sincerely,

Wayne

• Cr
      28th of Apr, 2009

They are not affiliated with RCI or II. I live in Georgia and there is no such business at the address they provided. I am so glad I did not give my credit card number to them!!! Who are they? Where are they? Why can;t I meet them face to face?

• De
      29th of Apr, 2009

ICG Commerce Inc
    Not Rated | Write a Review

3525 Piedmont Road Northeast,
    Atlanta, GA 30305

(404) 442-6510

I just found this by going to Superpages. The 3525 address on Piedmont corresponds to 7 Piedmont Center. Looks like they share space with Lawson Peters a CPA. RATING 5 stars.

Lawson Peters CPA
    (2) Read Reviews | Write a Review
    3525 Piedmont Road, 7 Piedmont Center, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30305 zip code
    lpeterscpa.com

7th of May, 2009

So has anyone actually used them?? They are sending me over the contract tomorrow for my review. Have they sold a timeshare for anyone? Any advise please.

• It
      13th of May, 2009

I just received a call from Kim who works for Interval. I'd like to know if anyone has had success with selling their timeshare? This woman even gave me her "cell" number. When I asked if she was based out in Florida (hint the 404), she said no we're in Atlanta. The fee was $1998.00 which she'd drop to $600.00 to beat out other agencies. SO what next? Do I continue with the transaction?

13th of May, 2009

Have we still not found anyone who has sold a timeshare with this company?? They told me my fee's were around $800 so I think I need to leverage that if they came down on your's because of competition. Someone who has sold a timeshare with this company needs to post please. Did they give you an estimate of what they would sell it for? and if so did it seems unrealistic?

• Te
      13th of May, 2009

We were with this company for about 8 months and they did sell our timeshare however we only got $8, 300.00
    when we paid $14, 000...
    They are very customer friendly but some of the offers we got in the begining were a litlle on the low end so we decided to take the $8, 300.00 after 8 months
    I would suggest never to buy a timeshare!

Sincerely,

14th of May, 2009

Was the 8300 in the garentee or did they tell you more?

• Te
      14th of May, 2009

the contract was for $10, 000 so they were $1, 700 off the contract however my wife told me to take the $8, 300. during our time with this company I believe we got a total of 7 offers. good customer service though!!
    my only suggestion to everyone is to always check there BBB rating before making your choice.
    Good company however I am kicking myself for buying a timeshare!!!
    Hope this helps

Ted

14th of May, 2009

The only problem with checking with the BBB is that this company has only been a member since march 09, so not much history

• Bi
      19th of May, 2009

Maybe I should have come here to begin with. I just signed up to sell my albatross, timeshare but it sounds like Ted has the right answer, never but a time share.
    If I get the $800 we paid plus anything, at least we will be out from the maintenance and tax burden, on an annual basis.
    Bill

• Vo
      25th of May, 2009

Yes, like John says, this company has only been a member since March of 09 and that is when they started their business. Their "guarantee" states that they have six months to sell your timeshare. Well, they have not been in existence for six months so of course they have no complaints. The woman I dealt with was very nice as well but they were very adamant about wanting the $800 up front for advertising costs. She claimed that they sold timeshares face to face, but if you look really closely at their website it says that they actually DO NOT sell them face to face. I am waiting until October and checking back to see if they have any complaints and then I will go with them. There are too many scams out there in reselling of timeshare, and this one shares the same symptoms as the ones that hundreds of people complain about on a daily basis. I am just as eager to dump my timeshare, but will wait until their six month guarantee passes. Good to see that Ted above had a good experience, though.

• Im
      2nd of Jun, 2009

I'd like to thank everyone for their postings. I'm on the way of deciding whether or not to list my timeshare with ICG as well. The telemarketing/sales person seems quite honest - but I've had negative experience w/ another company in the past - which poisons my generally trusting nature. Has anyone else found anyone who has done business w/ this company?

The sales person I've been talking with is Tony. Quoted a price of $approx. $1200. I've seen other prices quoted above, I'd like to hear from anyone who REALLY dealt with IGC and was charged different price. I'm willing to share my e-mail address to get this info if required.

Thanks.

Paul

• Be
      4th of Jun, 2009

I just purchased a timeshare from this company for $7500.00. To me it was a great deal since my husband and I would have spent alot more going to a timeshare presentation. I would recommend anyone out there interested in purchasing a timeshare go through the second hand market. You can find people who are willing to negotiate. Just make sure the property has a deed!

• It
      5th of Jun, 2009

Hi John S. It did seem unrealistic!! She stated that she would post it for 24 grand and for me not to except anything below 20grand. Honestly, I was only looking for about 10 grand for it. She's been calling me ever since and I'm still going to try an talk that 600 down a little and see what happens.

6th of Jun, 2009

Interval Consulting Group is a SCAM,

Yes they have a A- from BBB, but they have been registered for less than 4 months and "in business" for a short time prior. They claim to "sell your time share within 18 months" for a large up-front fee. They also claim they will refund this amount if they don't.
    I read the contract and found a few undefined terms. I asked about these discrepancies
    and the girl that helped me, I think her name was Jessica (who, according to her, made 6-figures with a company than had been in business lass than two years) got a little flustered. I then offered to split the cost of the total sale of the property 50/50 (with the company that was so sure they could sale my timeshare for 3 times what it is worth- please, look around, I would GIVE my timeshare away in exchange for the maintenance fees like many others).
    Apparently, for seem reason this was unheard of, they HAD to be up-front fess, blah blah blah.
    I explained that I purchased my property second hand from a reputable organization that did not require up front fees and have been contacted MANY times before from unrepeatable scam artist over the last two years (all of which I investigated extensively), and hence would not consider paying them money for a timeshare that was not worth what they were selling for.
    She accused me of yelling at her and got extremely defensive and started talking over me in a angry tone.
    I hung up.
    Give this company "18 months" and check back with the BBB.