Intersabre / Unable to access site

After some 5 years with this provider we began looking for another one because Intersabre had pretty slow cPanel access, Webmail access or sometimes even website access...

When we finally decided to change providers they sent us an e-mail asking us why we were moving and we politely stated the reasons given above.

We continued to ask them permission to access our area in order to backup and download our databases or for them to do it. We already had backed up our /public_html area.

We got not response. After several Help Tickets and e-mails, they have blocked our IP and we cannot contact them. We then continued trying to e-mail them until this morning when we found that they have blocked our e-mail address as well. We still had over a year left on our present contract.

Even though their site was pretty slow most of the time, their support service was just great... while we were still a customer...

Don't use them. On other evaluation sites they have a 1.4 rating out of a possible 4.0

Comments

• Te
      16th of May, 2007

You sound like a [censored] to me! Its not there responsibility to help you move to new host. Its really your fault for not moving your stuff yourself first.

17th of Nov, 2007

After the total lose of my photo gallery. Intersabre claims to have nothing to do with but yet cancels my subscription and blocks my tickets from asking questions. If thats the way to solve problems they have with the hacker problem they have well I guess its better that they just dissolve into the woodwork and call it quits.

• Pa
      13th of Jan, 2008

I had the same problem with intersabre on 2 domains. They autorenewed my website by charging PayPal without any prior notice. No problem - I had already had plans to move to a new host.

So I wrote to them and told them I'd be moving to a new host in 2 months and that I would not be renewing in 11 months when the time came so please put a note in the system not to auto charge me for either of my 2 accounts when the renewal time came.

That day they disabled both accounts and deleted everything. Huh? No explanation, no notice. I hadn't moved anything yet. I had no idea that telling them not to renew me NEXT year meant suddenly delete all my work NOW and disable everything.

Support was very rude after that (wasn't great before that really). They told me when you close a subscription, the accounts become cancelled and they delete your stuff period. I They told me I could start a new subscription, but then I'd get charged yearly again when the time came. I said no thanks NO WAY and just let the money go down the drain. I had them send me verification emails that the accounts were closed.

3 months later, they AUTO CHARGED ME A RENEWAL FEE on the second closed account - one they disabled months earlier!!! Support was very very rude, and they all refused to send a refund (if they responded at all), despite my sending in copies of their verification emails.

If you leave Intersabre - make sure you contact PayPal directly to disable all subscriptions with them - once you get charged, you can't dispute a subscription payment!

I am one of the 2 BBB claims against them. You'll see they have an unsatisfactory rating because they refuse to respond to the BBB also.

I had already decided to leave them because of long time poor support and poor service - I won't even get into that. But this was just unbelieveable. I definitely forsee a class action against this on in the near future if they manage to stay in business.

• Do
      26th of Mar, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me. They have a really clever scam going, always charging an additional subscription after you cancel.

Six weeks before my subscription ended, I sent them email to cancel my account. No response whatsoever.

Two weeks later, I sent another email. Nothing.

Then a month later I am informed---after the fact---that Paypal sucked $30 from my checking account.

Normally, I always use a credit card with Paypal, to add an additional layer of protection. I didn't have a chance in this case.

I emailed Intersabre several more times asking for a refund. Surprisingly, I even got a response saying they would do it "soon".

But none came, so I escalated a claim with Paypal.

In my claim, I pointed out that Intersabre had perpetrated this fraud several times before. Nevertheless, it seems Paypal chooses not to step in when an "intangible" like web hosting (or any other service) is provided. Even if the service isn't provided at all.

So buyer beware! Avoid Intersabre like the plague and never use Paypal to pay for web hosting.

• Br
      17th of Jul, 2008

I used Intersabre for three years. They were the worst of 15 hosts I have used. They also repeatedly charged my PayPal account duplicate times and would never credit my account even though they said they would. PayPal would not reimburse me. My homepages were also hacked and overwritten several times. Sites would be completely deleted without my notice and I would have to resend all files. It was really bad.

• Rd
      21st of Aug, 2008

I had my web site hosted by Intersabre for three years. I became dissatisfied when their C-Panel went down. I found another web host that was better, and transfered my web site there. I e-mailed Intersabre and asked them to cancel my account. In a matter of hours my account became inaccessible. I thought that they had canceled it. Then, in August of last year, Intersabre charged me, and then this August, they charged me again for non-existant service. I assume that they deleted my files but now will charge me forever until I figure out a way to stop them. I have complained to Pay Pal about them taking automatic funds transfers and continue to charge for a service that I have repeatedly asked politely to have canceled. I will once again appeal this to Pay Pal, probably to no avail. I recommend that if you are lookint for a web host, avoid Intersabre! They are dishonest and will continue to charge you even after you attempt to leave their services.

• Qs
      4th of Aug, 2009

I used them for 5 years and they screwed me over as well. I was forced to move because they would not recongnize that my site was down all the time and I could not get emails. My outgoing emails were even blocked because they thought they were spam. When I changed over my nameservers to the new site I tried to access my old data for a sql backup that I did not do before the new host change, I was unable to access the data. I emailed them many times with no support. I then finnaly get an email today from them... Your account was deleted when you canceled, you have nothing on our servers to "get", please stop spamming our support board.

Thank You.
    Best Regards,
    Zac O. - CSHelpDesk Support Team

So there you go. If you have someone you really hate recomend intersabre

• Mr
      7th of Aug, 2009

I used them for approximately 6 years. To being with I thought they were great, but after repeated incidents of website not being available, email being down for days at a time, database disappearing and server upgrades breaking site functionality I decided enough was enough and moved. It was the best decision I ever made.

They may be cheap, but you get what you pay for. Only use if you have a cheap brochureware site, they don't manage your email and you are happy with 95% uptime.

Support was a joke. It was a one man operation (Who are you Zac O ?) He would delete tickets if he didn't know how to fix the problem and would often deny a problem even existed until you could present him with proof.

One time I had to search Google to tell him how to fix his own mail deamon.

Avoid like the plague.

On the plus side - he accidentally forgot to take my last website payment, so I got my final 6 months for free!

Since moving servers my online business sales tripled overnight.

• Jj
      27th of Oct, 2010

today Oct 27, 2010 I'm trying to get a refund for intersabre canceled and stopped my service one month after i paid for a full year. Then they said if i would sent 2nd payment for another year... then they would refund my 1st payment...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've send more emails back and forth... I do not know why
    they can not use PAYPAL and just send me my refund...
    I agree with ALL of the above comments... BIG CROOKS...
    ----------------------------- below is contact information --------
    Intersabre Communications 230 Park Avenue, S # 864
    New York, NY 10169 tech's name is... Nathan Oulman
    phone # 212 295 2121 Fax # 212 295 2153
    email is... thecrazedking@aol.com
    P.S. Nathan Oulman...starting up a new company
    it's name is... webhostingmasters.com 599-641-0989
    and email is... thecrazedking@aol.com
    i would stay away from this company also
    ...

• Kk
      29th of Oct, 2010

------- Check out following before signing up and you get
    ------- SHAFTED... do your homework 1st before hand ------
    Oct 29, 2010 -- Word of CAUTION -- Nathan Oulman
    ---------------------- has at least minimum of 23 domain names..
    Below are a a few that i found... allreseller.com
    dailydns.net, gotonames.com, intersabre.com,
    jetnethost.com, livehost.net, webhostingmasters.com
    key following to check out who owns an web site before
    you sign up... http://whois.domaintools.com (press enter)
    then enter the name of website.. (ex) intersabre.com (enter)
    2nd use GOOGLE'S (advanced...exact word..) and put
    in.. website's.. NAME followed by... COMPLAINT
    (example: INTERSABRE COMPLAINT ) press enter
    you will see if others have made complaints on a website...
    Above websites point back to the following:
    P. O. Box 211 Wilbur, WA 99185
    Phn 509-647-5679 or 509-647-5680
    Contact is... Nathan Oulman
    another... 230 Park Avenue, Suite # 864
    New York, NY 10169 for... intersabre.com
    Phn (voice = 212-295-2121 fax = 212-295-2153
    Webhostingmasters.com = Contact = Stacy Lewis
    P.O. Box 211 Wilbur, WA 99185
    Phn: ( voice = 509-641-0338 )
    ----------- Jetnethost.com Contact = Nathan Oulman
    P.O. Box 534 Chattaroy, WA 99003
    Phn: ( voice = 888-453-6836

• Zt
      25th of Nov, 2010

Bunch of CROOKS keep setting up more websites and doing
    the same BAD BUSINESS practices. All Websites i found are.. allreseller.com gotonames.com livehost.net dailydns.net nathanoulman.com ccprocessing.org intersabre.com jetnethost.com are in reference to.. Nathan James Oulman ( Age 36 ) 211 Main Ave. Wilbur, WA 99183 (509) 647-5709
    (509) 647-5679 (509) 647-5680
    http://spokane.app.bbb.org/unanswered complaint to Attorney General in State of Washington
    check out who owns website 1st before you subscribe to anyone it may be own by Nathan... here is the address..
    http://whois.domaintools.com I suggest that you mail a
    typed letter to Attorney General of State of Washington
    showing all of your correspondence with trying to get a
    refund.

• Jf
      18th of Mar, 2011

To everyone in this thread, I'm very sorry to hear about your problems with Nathan Oulman and his various businesses. We, NetFronts Inc. who have been in the hosting business since 1996 have recently purchased all of Nathan Oulman's assets. Nathan Oulman no longer has anything to do with any of these companies outlined. NetFronts, Inc. has always had a good reputation in the hosting industry and we are striving to turn Nathan's old companies around. We have all ready moved all of the servers to our own data center and it's now on much better hardware. We have a much larger support staff backed by a lot of experience.

Again, I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you'd had in the past with Nathan. I want to assure any current customer or potential future customer that these businesses are now under new management.

Thanks!