Internet Career Kit / Misleading advertisement - Scam

1 P.O. Box 1563Suisun City, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-315-6933

This company's email advertisement/website leads you to believe that you are paying $1.97 for shipping on three free e-books. In actually, you are actually signing up for a 14 day trial program that will automatically charge you $69.95 a month until you physically contact them and cancel. I was waiting for my three free books but they never arrived. After contacting the company, there only response was "You have to read the terms and conditions, it explains it all." (which is NOT on the advertisement page, you have to click and go to that seperately) In fact, it is actually buried in the terms and conditions. This company neatly worded and made their advertisement to appear that you are getting three free e-books and that you are only paying for the shipment of these three books. NOTHING was ever shipped to me. I asked the costumer service representive for my money back. They only refunded $40. I asked, "then what is my other $29.95 paying for?" His answer was very weak and he mentioned something about Direct Warehouse, Inc. cost. It's a company that supplies their products. Again, nothing was shipped to me. As for the $1.97 for my books... NEVER received a thing. This company is deliberately leading you to believe one thing while "catching you" on another.

An

Comments

• Un
      29th of Aug, 2008

The very same thing happened to me, details are similar down to getting a refund initially of $40. They had charged me for four months and I had never accessed any of the services they were supposedly providing. When I asked for a supervisor I was told no that there was no one to speak with but the rep kept putting me on hold to speak to them himself. The rep was rude and condescending and would not give me a physical address to mail a complaint to. Very unprofessional people who are definitely not practicing appropriate business practices. Watch out.

• Ty
      26th of Sep, 2008

I would like my money back for the $69.95 internet sales kit that I did not purchase. Thany You

16th of Feb, 2009

I want my money back. I did not authorize you or anyone else to take funds from my account. I did not order anything from internet kit. Just refund my money and quit ripping people off.

• Su
      19th of Feb, 2009
    Internet Career Kit - Never received anything during free trial period
    Meadville
    Pennsylvania

I apparently signed up for this program last month, and did not note it in my calendar as I try to do. I was recently charged 69.95 and received nothing whatsoever from them. I called 800-591-2452 and kicked a bit of a fit. I asked if they could tell me exactly what it was that I received in my trial period from them. She told me that an e-mail was sent out to me on 1-30-09 telling me how to access the service. Luckily for me, I had my trash and spam back to middle of January. Explained to her that I never received an e-mail on that date. I should have read the terms and service, which I always do, and apparently somewhere in there is something telling us that we are getting nothing. She refunded $40 due to a "loophole". So, if you want to try to get some money back, call and kick a fit.

I do a lot of free trials on the internet and have never run into one that has been so blatently deceptive before. Off to the BBB now

20th of Feb, 2009

yeah the same thing happened to me. i tried to at least get the $40 back and they said that it had been too long (just over a month) since the last charge went trough, so they couldn't refund anything. For some reason I let them get away with billing me for 3 or so months before I canceled my bank card. which i turns out that since they couldn't bill me anymore, they canceled my account. its really sad that this is the only way that people can see to make money... i guess the darkness has to exist to balance the light.

21st of Feb, 2009

Thanks! You gave me exactly the information I need. This is my first time dealing with "freebies" and it helps to have a practiced perspective.
    My radar is now up big time for any internet based career kits. Too easy. And thank you for reminding me to read all the print and not just say "I accept" unless I really know something about the offerees.
    --mae

• Ic
      21st of Feb, 2009

I got same here like 18 months ago and argument going on and on. Long story short, I thought it already finished in the past, now what they send an e-mail and saying that they have rename my account for I never been used. Now, I am worried of they start to charge me again.

• Jm
      22nd of Feb, 2009
    Internet Career Kit - Unwanted charges of $69.95
    Cabot
    Arkansas

I was charged for two payments of $69.95 from icareerkit. I don't know how they got my credit card information but these were unauthorized charges! I had no idea they were charging me until my bank sent me an overdraft notice, I want them to send me a complete refund of my money for the two payments as well as my bank overdraft fee of $30. This is a big SCAM and they are STEALING hard working people's money and giving them nothing in return.

• Mo
      23rd of Feb, 2009

Here is some phone #'s to try - 1-888-315-6933 or 1-800-394-9155. I haven't gotten anywhere on my problem yet with these numbers but I am being persistent. I, too, try to take advantage of freebies and this one "got" me. I will be way more cautious. Also when I checked to see if they had posted a charge on my card or not, I say 4 other suspicious charges. Don't know if they are related or not, but I am curious. I have now closed my credit card account to be safe.

• Ro
      28th of Feb, 2009
    Internet Career Kit - false adv. techniques
    roeman ridenour
    roeman-empire.com

They promissed me a website for $29.95 per year that I could sell by "how to" e-book on. But when I didn't opt. to upgrade to their $69.95 per month charge for finance services at point of sale, that's when I ran into trouble with them. They went ahead and charged me $69.95 any way. Then cancelled my subscription. Not just to the finance services which I was able to get for 0$ per month through paypal. I career kit allowed this paypal offsite finance use initially. But after my cancellation they retaliated by cancelling my ability to use my user name or password so as to access my bought and paid for website and domain. They also made the webpage so large that the paypal button can not be accessed by one of my customers. So I spent a lot of time, advertising, and money for an unusable website. What a bunch of scammers. That wouldn't work in the real world. I guess I have to remember that the internet is probably either going to be heavily regulated in the near future or it will be completely unused by the buying public because of rampant dishonest practices such as these.
    I just checked to see if my account has become accessible after I sent them an e-mail congenially requesting the use of what I paid for. But no. They won't acknowledge my user name, password or e-mail address. All of which they have. If they touch my debit card for one more dime there will be a lawsuit or worse. I'll let you know if they do. Or out of fairness, if they straighten this out, as well. yours, roeman ridenour

• Ti
      11th of Apr, 2009
    Internet Career Kit - $69.95 charge nothig recieved
    Indiana

Was charge on my Debit Card $69.95 for something I niether wanted or ordered. Plus I never recieved any type of product from these people

• Vm
      14th of May, 2009

i just got off the phone with them.
    luckly i got a nice guy. because i was only using the "service" for 3 days, they gave me a total refund... but...
    was was charged for 72.21... for nothing...
    i did get the CD, but get real... am I really going to use it?

damn, down 72 dollars... and still waiting on the refund

google, you sly money makers

5/11/2009
    MC-SYN*INTERNET CAREERKIT 888-315-6933 $69.95

4/27/2009
    MC-FOR REFUNDS CALL866957 SANDY $72.21

• Mo
      20th of Jul, 2009

i noticed a $69.95 charge on my bank account too. I never ordered any internet career kit. On the statement to call about the charge, it doesn't even give a complete toll free number it reads "800 591 24" -- i had to google "internet career kit" "800-591" in quotes to find the actual phone number "800-591-2452" -- then i called it and of course they were not open and referred me to a 24 hour customer service site www.icareerkit.com which i went to and it simply says "COMING SOON" and there were no email links or anything. How is this company getting away with this? We all need to to a class action lawsuit against them for fraud.