InternationalWig.com / Extremely poor business!

As posted above, I placed an order with an online vendor at InternationalWig.Com, for the item listed above. On January 15, 2007 I received an order; however it was not for the wig that I have specified therefore I contacted the vendor to alert them of their error and gave a detailed description of the item I had received which was a DC- Mulia #2.

She informed me that the Mulia is a DC brand that has taken the place of the Ciara wig I had ordered. After a few emails, she finally told me that if I didn’t want it to simply send it back. Apparently, according to her it was replacement confirmed with the Deli Cali Company but in any event I was not informed of any changes from my original order. I made it clear that I should have been informed of any changes post shipment and the item should not have been shipped to me unless I agreed to the replacement.

In any event, the item was shipped back to the vendor, as soon as delivery was confirmed I wrote CustomerService@internationalwig.com inquiring about my credit and my shipping cost. She stated that she would not credit me for any shipping cost from my original order and the money I spent to ship it back. I found this proposal to be unacceptable. Therefore, I asked to speak to a manager. She replied that she was the manager and that her name was Angela. When I informed her that I planned to dispute the charges with my credit card, she wrote me saying that I had got what I ordered. I informed her that I still had the email from her as proof that she sent me a something other than what I ordered. In any event, she became indignant and called me dumb, a b**tch and other unflattering names, words were exchanged and in her last email to me she called me a the (N)WORD This was indeed most shocking. While I did insult her after she insulted me, I never once made a reference to her race! How could I? I don’t know her race nor would I have insulted her race if I had known.

This is EXTREMELY POOR BUSINESS! Honestly her entire behavior was appalling for a Manger of a Company. Something must be done about this. The (N) word has its roots as a derogatory term and has been used throughout history as a hurtful epithet. The N-word is a term rooted in hatred, used to belittle blacks and degrade African American culture. The N-word still inflicts pain and is still an insult when implied to people of all kinds of oppressed heritages. Do Not Buy from this Vendor! VERY RACIST! POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, THEY HAVE A LOT COMPLAINTS ON THE INTERNET!

Va

Comments

• Li
      26th of Sep, 2007

well I got to these sites to late that i may learn my lesson, I ask them a simple question when my wig will come to me it been a month and they blocked me.

• Ro
      2nd of May, 2008

They really are an unprofessional company and i am currently setting up legal measures against them. I am also reporting them to the IRS. This company people, probably won't be around for much longer after i am finished with them.

• Ae
      29th of Jun, 2008

It all started with me personally purchasing something on their website. This had nothing to do with my business. Fortunately my order was canceled because the profile info didn't match my credit card so they assumed fraud. This is when I emailed them and that's when it all began. Initially I just wanted to know why the order was automatically canceled and no one contacted me. I received vulgar replies and threats. They searched online my name and found I had an online business. In the emails I informed I would report this to the BBB. They threatened to do the same with my company and implied it was some sort of game. Anyway, I made a complaint on complaints.com, /link removed/ m3cents.com, etc. and found they falsely posted negative information about my company two days later. They also submitted a false report to the BBB. We have never done business with this person and infact we stopped our business for the last two months to restructure our factory and business.
    They ar retalitory and have taken this down the unlawful road of slander and defamation. Another company located in Canada has intitiated a class action lawsuit for this same reason. Also I'm initiated a case against them for my company.
    Doing some research, International Wig, internatinalwig.com has complaints going back to 2003. Not only for defamation and poor customer service but also for fraud.
    I found online this persons name is really Benai Noeller or Benai Resnic (maiden name) and she is the owner and the one emailing, she has pictures of herself on www.mybong.com She also has a brand of cosmentics she sells on her site called Benai cosmetics. She also owns Maddog Productions and she might be doing business under different names of which will discover in court.
    She uses false names when she makes complaints or comments about a complaint. She has accounts on complaints.com and ripoff.com the language of the posts are the same as she has in her emails and website.

The BBB report she submitted against my company had the name Jennifer Williams on it. She uses the same language in her false reports as she does in the emails so I know without a doubt it's the same person.

ABC News story about International Wig

BBB Reports:
    Oregon - http://alaskaoregonwesternwashington.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=114&bbb=1296&firm=22231247

California - http://sandiego.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=26&bbb=1186&firm=30002471

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to 5 unanswered complaints, 2 unresolved complaints and a pattern of complaints.

poor customer service. Consumers have provided the BBB with copies of emails sent by the company that contain rude and abusive language.

BBB processed a total of 28 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total 28 complaints closed in the last 36 months, 4 were closed in the last 12 months.

• Mo
      1st of Apr, 2009

Below all.
    Postage and requested exorbitant ($ 34) compared to fees paid ($ 5) and order non honored. Moreover if you want to be insulted, you are in the right place.
    Orders for four articles, three references reached me wrong.

• Yo
      6th of Aug, 2009

I placed an order with them and it never came in 3 weeks when I asked about my order they got mouthy with me so I asked for a refund through google checkout, they sent me a shipping statement saying the order shipped just hours after they got the complaint from google they refused me a refund without taking fees out (didnt say how much fees) I told them no fees and called my bank.. so now I dont know but they say its shipped and my credit card company is looking for a full refund. feels like a scam company to me.

• Cl
      15th of Sep, 2010

I have ordered from International Wig three times now. The first time was in 2005 and it went OK. Wrong color item, but they replaced it with a restocking fee (totally normal).

In 2010, they changed their restocking fee to 30%!!! They sent me a clip on that smelled like an old dirty hippy (full of patchouli and cigarette smoke) and tried to charge me 1/3 the price to replace it. And their newer shipping page is a total mess, but they seem to think it's perfectly clear. They put your order on "processing' until they process it (can take up to 2 weeks), then your order goes into "pending shipping" for up to another 2 weeks then ground shipping is another 10-14 days. Clear as mud. Unless of course, they are saying "we sit on your payment and do nothing with it for 2 weeks, then when we do take the payment we sit on it for another 2 weeks, for no valid reason." If you can pay for express shipping (another $30, they clearly have the items in stock and ready to ship, so why wait around for so long normally?) Their customer service is [censor]y and condescending at best and abusive generally.

Do yourself a favor and order from wilshire wigs instead -- they have almost all the same stuff, they ship quickly, will send you color swatch rings to borrow, and they are low BS.

• Sh
      18th of Dec, 2010

• Na
      20th of Apr, 2011

Ok, I am so glad I found this website, apparently someone used my laptop and purchased items from internationalwig.com, since I live with few other people in the same house, I'm not sure if someone from the house or what happened but I realized a charge on my account. I called my bank really fast and cancelled my cards and ordered new once, I then contacted internationalwig.com and told them (in the same day) about the fraud, they were so unprofessional, so rude, called me names !!! PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!! EVEN IF THEY SELL IT FOR A PENNY, YOU WILL REGRET YOUR EXPERIENCE!!!

• La
    Ashland
    Oregon
    Phone: 1-800-344-4999
    internationalwig.com

Customer service was very rude. I sent an email to ask the status of my product since it had been past 14 days and they basically told me sorry no product and no refund. DO NOT ORDER THROUGH THEM!!! They are very unprofessional and will steal your money.

• La
      18th of Aug, 2011

We should all get together and do a class action lawsuit! This is not right, they are stealing peoples hard earned money.

• Da
      14th of Mar, 2012

Hi, I have been doing business with internationalwig.com for over a year now. The only time they didn't have the wig I ordered in stock they let me know right away and offered to see if I would wanted a different wig in place of the one they didn't have in stock at that time. I couldn't find another one I wanted so they promptly refunded my money. Is it possible this was an isolated incident?