International Vacation / Royal Holiday / misleading/one sided contract

Dominican Republic Review updated:

We signed the so called investment last may 26, 2016 and we submitted a written request to cancel/rescind the contract the very next day. They have denied our request due to one sided promissory note stating "as long as the purchaser be current in its payments, the purchaser will be entitled to early terminate the agreement in case of default by seller, duly supported and approved, (In the understanding that the provisions of item 7.3 of this agreement shall not be consider as a default) and now with note open with a future consequence on sending our promissory note to a collection agency were we gonna end up paying for something we're not going to be able to use. Now ms. Ruth esther fortuna (Loan officer) want us to sign a new promissory note to modify the payments. Aside from the exchanging email, i'm also getting a phone call from ms. Diana elizabeth calitl guzman (New member service dept.) advising us to book our vacation now and pay the outstanding balance for this month. Since the contract was signed in dominican republic, by law purchaser has 5 business day to cancel in which we did. But what they are doing now is trying to hold on the agreement that they said an investment and not a time share by giving a lower monthly fee just to keep us as member. This already ruined the 3 day vacation, since they held us for more than 3 hours just to convince us in signing up as new member. Now it's still giving us a nightmare as they continue to ignore our request to cancel and harass by phone as well. We simply want out and have our $4009/initial deposit back.

Mr
Jul 05, 2016

Comments

• Bo
      Oct 02, 2016

I used an amex card. I disputed the charge with amex. My refund was issued to the card, without a problem. But they did promise to buy my timeshare and failed to do so. Anyways, as you know, all of these vacation clubs are traps. Luckily, I have ended my timeshare with Wyndham.