International Trading Auction / Not answering emails

Melbourne Metro Area, Victoria, Australia Review updated:
I bought an LCD tv from ITA in August 2008. It was delivered on time. The tv has been working fine until a couple of weeks ago when the audio just stopped. No sound is coming from the speakers apart from a constant and annoying crackling sound. Have made all possible troubleshooting checks. Doesnt matter whether using the free to air tv source or a dvd source...still not working. The tv has a 1 year warranty and I want it fixed. Have noticed that ITA is no longer on ebay. I have sent 2 emails to their customer service email address without any reply.
Any thoughts?
Chris

Comments

Lu
  13th of Nov, 2008
Dodgy as scamming people on their site and ebay taking money for product and not sending item
Bo
  29th of Nov, 2008
Definitely agree . Cheats, Scammers. Dont deal with them. Bought portable Dvd on ebay, but not delivered. Wont give refund back either. Emails kept going back and forth for 2 months.They use delaying tactics hoping you give up.
Sh
  2nd of Dec, 2008
Yep me 2 They r ### DONT GIVE UP...If your in sydney here is there address 1/11 Deadman Road Morebank have a look at the bsb number its a commonwealth bank also the guys names are Bunjamin and Franky Tjhin ...I will b making a special trip if I dont get a reply in a week...
  17th of Dec, 2008
I have had the same experience originating in June 2008. Had NSW Fairtrading investigate with little response from iTA apart from iTA returning the faulty goods to me. I am now about to take them to the Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal and seek the the full costs of dealing with them. iTA's approach is to stall, ignore and hope you go away. Keep all your records up to date and take them to FairTrading (who can't actually enforce your rights) and then the CTTT who can. They were trading on eBAy where I lodged a dispute initially - useless really and also onOztion but interestingly they do not operate on those more open auction sites now where there is some semblence of accountability.
  9th of Jan, 2009
Chris, they are now in the hands of an External Administrator so I guess they are being wound up and we victims just have to wear it now.
  9th of Jan, 2009
Unfortunately, I think I have missed the boat with the CTTT matter as if you check the ASIC site you will see they are in the hands of an Administrator and since 24 Dec 08 have had a notice to wind up the business. The usual stuff, someone goes bankrupt, the punters pay and they will appear again later as another online trader... traders beware

They were really FTMB Pty Ltd trading as ITA or ITAdirect
Ba
  3rd of Feb, 2009
The same thing happened to me. I bought an all in one in car cd/dvd/bluetooth/gps etc from ITA it worked once and then stopped i returned as per their warranty. After having the unit for months they gave me the run around, they did reply for a while but then all the emails just stopped. I am out of pocket close to $1000. People is there anything at all we can do to get our money back. They shouldn't be able to get away with this