International Satellite 4wildblue / No refund

1 Ocala 344766160 SW Highway 200, United States Review updated:

Having ordered WildBlue Satellite Internet Service from this company on 12/28/07, the order being confirmed by them via email at 11:12 PM, I had some questions regarding the trees surrounding my house and what would happen if the installation was impossible. They replied that I would still be charged a “cancellation fee” of $50.00, regardless. Knowing there were other service providers who had told me they would charge me nothing under those circumstances, I quickly canceled the order with International Satellite, notifying them by email at 9:05 PM on 12/29/07. At 11:27 PM that same night, “Diane” in customer service emailed me that they could not cancel the shipment of the equipment via UPS and that I would not get my refund (minus the fee of $50) until after I had returned the equipment.

In fact, the equipment was not even shipped until 12/31/07. I refused delivery and got UPS to return the equipment, which was received by the company in New York at 8:08 AM on 1/10/08, according to the UPS tracking system. So far, there has been no refund at all. Because I canceled within 24 hours, because the company lied to me (they could have stopped shipment), and because they have not issued any refund, I am requesting the entire amount of $320.00.

Comments

Da
  25th of Mar, 2008

MY COMPLAINT IS THAT, WE WERE SOLD WILD BLUE, BY DAKOTA CENTRAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS, CARRINGTON ND., WE GET ERROR MESSAGES WHICH THEY DON'T SEEM TO WANT TO HELP US WITH, WE DID A SPEED TEST YESTERDAYWHICH SHOWED THAT THE 512, BY 200 DOWN LOAD AND UPLOAD IS ONLY 200X100 AND NO ONE WILL ANWSER MY EMAIL OR GIVE ME A CLUE AS TO WHAT IS GOING ON, , THEREFORE, IF THINGS DON'T IMPROVE WE WILL DISCONTINUE USING WILD BLUE AND WILL ALSO REFUSE TO PAY OUR INTERNET PROVIDER, EVEN IF OUR CONTRACT IS NOT UP, THIS BEING DUE TO REALLY BAD SERVICE AND WE WILL SWITCH TO A DIFFERENT COMPANY, , , MY DIAL UP SERVICE THAT WE HAD WITHMY FIRST COMPUTER WAS ALMOST AS FAST AS WILDBLUE IS NOW, , DALE E. OLSON

Li
  22nd of Jan, 2009

The shipping is done through a third party source. There is no way for shipping to be stopped on our end after the order was placed. Mr Turner agreed to a 50.00 cancellation fee no matter what. It costs us a lot more than the 50.00 cancellation fee to ship the order. The actual agreement was the 50.00 cancellation fee and shipping and handling. As a courtesy to Mr Turner we did not charge the additional charges. After the return of the equipment, Mr Turner was promptly returned the amounts he was due. This was a loss to International Satellite and would not benefit us at all to NOT stop shipping. Mr Turner did not like what he was told, but it is a better procedure than lying to the customer. Hardship was on the cost of doing business with the customer from International Satellite.

Jo
  23rd of Jan, 2009

I have to add my complaint and I to was dupped by International Satellite. After paying $200. and recieving the equipment from UPS. I was refused installation, by canceling numerous appointments. So I canceled everything, returned the equipmnet and waited for some kind of a refund.
I still have not received anything. I went to the Forida BBB and I was informed that they couldnt help.
I hope that if you are reading these posts you are doing so before you make the mistake that we made. If not good luck.